[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shin Change!! Getter Robo Crater Battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: Screen Shot 003.png (573KB, 882x635px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 003.png
573KB, 882x635px
More Getter Robo, no thanks to /m/.

The story is a prequel to the Getter Robo Armageddon by Ishikawa.

Short story tho.

https://www.mediafire.com/?6p6609v2gjiu6cm
>>
oh fuck, this was already translated, fucking time wasted...

but regardless it was nice to do it.
>>
File: Shin-Getter-Robo-01-514-0515.png (1MB, 2054x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Shin-Getter-Robo-01-514-0515.png
1MB, 2054x1480px
>>15735592
This was translated years ago.
>>
>>15735635
why don't you translate the other prequel try to remember
>>
>>15735709
Or some of Hien
>>
>>15735592
>no thanks to /m/.
What?

>>15735635
>oh fuck, this was already translated, fucking time wasted...
The effort is appreciated. It's the thought that counts.

>>15736191
Or Dino Getter would be appreciated. I love the designs even more after getting my hands on the toys.
>>
>>15735592
>>15735635
The translation you made is pretty bad. Are you english speakers? Do you actually understand moonspeak? Reads like a google translation.
>>
>>15736286
forgot image
>>
>>15736301
I agree. This is bad.
>>
File: 007.jpg (1MB, 1642x1219px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
1MB, 1642x1219px
>>15736286
I asked help on the other thread, no one helped me, so I went as I could.

thinking about doing some shin getter vs mazinkaiser.
>>
>>15736988
Find someone who can translate. You're just posting nearly unintelligible rewrites.
>>
>>15736997
it hard to translate from a more complex language to a simpler one, I am taking more liberties now and not being too literal, giving the character a voice more appropriate.

So, there are people here who want to help me refine it?
>>
>>15737232
>it hard to translate from a more complex language to a simpler one, I am taking more liberties now and not being too literal, giving the character a voice more appropriate.

lol are you serious
your translation was nearly gibberish and was just plain wrong in most cases
>>
>>15737241
it was a rushed job actually but it wasnt wrong, it clunky but not wrong.

and I am not kidding, english is a very simple language, to translate well something that is more complex and have nuances, it is very hard.

So stop being a cunt, do you wanna help on it or you are just keep talking shit?
>>
>>15737457
>or you are just keep talking shit
ELS go home
>>
>>15737457
>but not wrong.
Even the page here has errors >>15736301 with mentions of "getter rays that lived in the robot's power core", "the parasites of life have merged to high density int he power core", "three intelligent invaders", "they have gathered in the getter rays for to become humans". All this shit is wrong.
>>
What a load of crap.
>>
>ESL comes to /m/
>tries to act smug about some half-assed scanlation he did
>"no thanks to /m/. heh"
>it's the equivalent of puke on paper, just a completely wrong translation and looks like shit
>ironically, this was already translated years ago by /m/
How will OP ever recover?
>>
>>15738282
It's Getter Robo. Better translations would not make it any less shit.
>>
>>15738559
still the best mecha manga to exist even if it's shit
>>
>>15736988
>I asked help on the other thread
I think that was my thread too...
>>
>>15738559
How do you rate the rest of all /m/ material if the best there is is shit anon?
>>
>>15739247
Getter Robo is shit, so that means stuff like Gundam and Evangelion are either super shit or ultra shit.

And then you have Macross which is like omega shit.
>>
>>15739250
I have no problems with the order at least
>>
>Getter Robo
>the best of anything.
Getterfags, please.
>>
>>15739470
What do you think can compete anon?
>>
Open get is still my favorite mecha dogde move.
>>
>>15739486
When it comes to manga made before the 80s, Getter is easily at the bottom of my list, just slightly above Nagai-shit.
>>
>>15740095
>Getter is easily at the bottom of my list, just slightly above Nagai-shit.
>my list
who are you
>>
>>15737457
>cant speak Japanese well enough to correctly understand what's being said
>can't speak English well enough to even form grammatically correct sentences
>still decide to do a Japanese to English translation and then lecture people on how English is just too simple compared to Japanese and that's why your translation is shit

Do us all a favour and stick to your own language.
>>
>>15740095
What the hell do the eighties have to do with anything? There's nothing notable there.
>>
>>15740095
>anything worse than Lazy Matsumoto
Doesn't exist.
>>
>>15740095
Nobody cares what your list has, considering you're a piece of shit, you and your family.
>>
>>15740682
Ishinomori and Yokohama sre kinda shit too. They have the worst endings ever.

Mars was spectacularly shit. Kikaider was boring. You can't convince me that somehow Getter is worse than these 70s manga.
>>
Let's not even get started on Lazy Matsumoto's stuff. That guy can't even draw one single panel without lazying out like a fucker with endless shortcuts and blank backgrounds
>>
>>15740706
It is, you were born with shit taste. Sorry, there's nothing I can do about it. But if it serves as consolation, it could be worse. Like >>15740682 mentioned, you could think Lazy Matsumoto is good. Now that would be beyond recovery.
>>
>>15740687
You sure care. I make your lack of confidence in your own tastes more obvious. You feel the need to insult someone for not thinking like you, you're that insecure and I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>15737457
All things considered, English isn't all that simple of a language. Dealing with all of the rules and contradictions within it can be irritating to native speakers, and speaking in an understandable manner can be dizzyingly difficult for anyone not raised on a similar language.

Not even close to being simple compared to Moon-Runes, friend.
>>
>>15740719
I'm sorry but get a taste check up.

Mars is garbage, and I don't see how anyone could defend it.
>>
>>15739470
Fuck, I've seen better non-attempts at baiting in Zetarager threads.

Getter is fine - you need to try harder.
>>
>>15740719
Forget Matsumoto, I can't think of a single 70s Shotaro Ishinomori manga worth sitting through.
>>
>>15740799
Here's a new contender for weakest bait: >>15740804
>>
File: !.png (146KB, 619x679px) Image search: [Google]
!.png
146KB, 619x679px
>>15740788
I am not translating from japanese, I am translating from french and if you think english is hard, mate, just go learn some other languages, english is really easy to learn and to use.

Just look this, and this is a regular verb.

And I know the difficulties of not being a first language english "user". But to ever think that english is hard or something is really funny to whoever studied other languages.

Still, I am translating the next oneshot with more care, I still wish to someone to help me to make the translation better. BUT, looking that this thread already got turned into shitposting central, its better to do it alone and do not give a fuck about it.
>>
>>15740725
Nice pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>15741084
The language is so easy for you yet every sentence of that translation you posted reads like it was translated from Chinese using Google Translate. Your head is clearly shoved so far up your own arse you cant take the time to realise the issue isn't English being too simple, but your lack of competency in the language. If English is as simple as you claim then your translation is all the more worse for it.
>>
>>15741359
Nope. I insulted Getter Robo, not people who like Getter Robo. If someone likes to eat shit, it's not my problem. I still don't like shit, though.
>>
>>15741483
But you admitted you like shit that's shittier than Getter.
>>
>>15740968
Bait? Really? I've read nearly every 70s SHOTARO MANGA THAT's scanlated and They were all shit beyond shit
>>
File: 1489871892714.png (21KB, 285x137px) Image search: [Google]
1489871892714.png
21KB, 285x137px
Ignore this slide thread.

>>15741084
>muh french
You're really annoying bringing this up all the time. It also makes you very easy to spot. Also, what does it have to do with this board? Stop bringing it up. Nobody cares if you're a special snowflake.
>>
>>15741084
You're just looking for excuses.

I understand French as well and guess what, your translation is still really fucking poor.

I suggest you proof read that shit before you post it here.
>>
>>15741808
>I suggest you proof read that shit before you post it here.
No amount of proofreading would save his "translation". It's a rewrite, not an actual translation of the story.
>>
File: 004.jpg (2MB, 2350x3507px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
2MB, 2350x3507px
>>15741813
It's not a rewrite. It's a transliteration from French without the proper rewrites to make the English flow.

Here's the original page from anime-heart scans

>not an actual translation of the story.
That I do not know. That would be anime-heart's fuck up in that case
>>
Does Getter Robo even make sense in canon anymore

There's so many fucking Getters

It's not even funny

They don't even do anything unique

There's never a Getter with 4 forms, or with something other than red axe guy/drill guy/tank guy
>>
>>15741826
the three man dynamic works best from a narrative point of view
>>
>>15735592
>no thanks to /m/.
>>15736301
>However, the parasites of life on the getter rays have merged and evolved to high density in the power core, which resulted in the transformation into three intelligent invaders!

What exactly are you trying to prove here?
>>
Does anyone have a link to the good translation of this? The one that was already done?
>>
>>15741844
It's the extra chapter of Shin Getter Robo.
>>
Seriously OP, you should translate Mazinkaiser SKL Versus instead.

Anime-heart already did that one.
>>
>>15741845
Well, looks like I'm retarded. It's been a while since I read the saga. I hope someone will finish Hien sometime.
>>
>>15741849
>seriously OP, you should write more gibberish in a language you barely comprehend via a translation of a translation
for what purpose
>>
>>15741855
It's better than nothing.
>>
>>15740095
I almost fell sorry about the amount of shit you've taken because of your taste anon. Key word, almost.
>>
>>15740788
No,"all things considered" English is one of the easiest languages out there
>>
>>15741858
No, it's worse. If there IS a shitty translation out there people who can do a decent job won't even bother. Everyone loses.

>>15741852
Speaking of Hien, is it translated in any other language? Faggot? German? Spanish?
>>
>>15742062
Oh my, i definitely meant to say French there
>>
>>15742062
>people who can do a decent job won't even bother.
And what makes you think that such people exist? If they wanted to do it, they would have done so ages ago.

It's a miracle that we even got that many work of Nagai scanlated in English
>>
>>15742071
Well, i only recently got into Getter Robo myself, if by any chance i had taken classes in Japanese like I've been thinking of doing for quite some time now I would've been able to help. It's not that hard to find people that are willing.
>>
>>15742071
>And what makes you think that such people exist?
It's 2017 and there are many nagai/ishikawa titles scanlated so obviously there's some interest
>>
>>15741826
>Does Getter Robo even make sense in canon anymore
Yes
>There's so many fucking Getters
And?
>They don't even do anything unique
The forms are unique, they may fill the same role but each one uses different versions of the signature attacks.
>There's never a Getter with 4 forms, or with something other than red axe guy/drill guy/tank guy
No because that's the hallmark of Getter. Are you going to complain next that they always transform or something?
>>
>>15742109
>I've been thinking of doing for quite some time now I would've been able to help
Then fucking do it.
>>
File: img000006.png (468KB, 1003x1488px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.png
468KB, 1003x1488px
>>15736301
>>15741816
Posting the existing translation
>>
>>15742443
Didn't have time before because I had to use public transport to get anywhere, including my university. I'm getting a motorbike within August so by this semester I must be doing something with that. That being said, starting classes and being able to translate are two different things, it should take at least two years for me to put out anything so I don't get the urgency.
>>
File: the fuck am i reading.jpg (86KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck am i reading.jpg
86KB, 383x383px
>>15742449
Post the Japanese if you can.

>>15742462
There's no need for such details. Nobody wants to know about your personal life.

>>15741849
>Anime-heart
That faggot? Explains everything.
>>
>>15742462
It's gonna be two years if you are devoted before you can translate. If you do it and it's not a major focus its gonna take you longer. I have two years of studying and while I had enough to get by and hold small conversations while I was in Japan I'm nowhere near literate enough to translate manga.
>>
File: getter khan.jpg (145KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
getter khan.jpg
145KB, 581x800px
>>15741826
>or with something other than red axe guy/drill guy/tank guy

Except every version of Go (and Neo) hasn't had a red axe guy, and outside of Super Go from the anime I don't think any have had an axe. And even then that was a fucking Sword Tomahawk.

Meanwhile at least one Getter had the tank guy also double as a drill guy, multiple have had drill girls, there was that one Getter that had three full girl forms, and then there's Ah/Ark, which had no tank guy, instead having this classy motherfucker.
>>
>>15742492
Don't forget Getter 3 varies widely in what it does. Getter 3 is a judo bot that specializes in throws with its stretchy arms, Poseidon is the most underwater focused of any form of Getter and existed to be a brick shit house, Getter Gai barely exists but it's usually the most heavily armed with missiles of any Getter 3, and Getter Karn is a fucking behemoth with a unique signature attack.
>>
>>15742492
>Ah/Ark
The name is Arc.
>>
>>15742553
Nobody cares.
>>
>>15742532
>Getter Gai barely exists but it's usually the most heavily armed with missiles of any Getter 3

Shin Getter 3 has more missiles.
>>
>>15742532
>>15742648
Getter Gai has a drill, canons and guns. It's all dakka. Shin Getter is the Itano Circus-tier missile launcher.
>>
>>15742648
>>15742677
You guys are right I mistook Gai with Shin 3. Can't really blame me when Getter Gai was on literally 3-4 panels.
>>
>>15741483
Sure pot, whatever you say
>>
>>15742486
It seems like you can't even breathe in this board without getting called out
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.