[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14

I thought the entire OVA would be about Minaho trying to rape her nephew. But it looks like we're getting a War on Geminar prequel. Timeskip?
>>
Will we also have to wait 2 years for subs like with War on Geminar?
>>
File: Ayekabattle.jpg (20KB, 355x272px) Image search: [Google]
Ayekabattle.jpg
20KB, 355x272px
>>15735544

I don't care anymore. Does anyone care anymore? The last OVA was awful and honestly having re-watched it even the 2nd one wasn't very good either.

The writer of these things is all to happy to keep the characters in a stagnant go nowhere snoozefest as he does nothing but wank all over his universe. Nothing goddamn happens and the only thing we get is more forced exposition and family tree branches.

First OVA is great, but you're better off just watching Universe or reading the manga. For any faults they may have SHIT FUCKING HAPPENS.
>>
It's a real pity War on Geminar didn't get a good release cycle. Was a nice clean slate with plenty of potential.
>>
>>15735629

I wouldn't call it exactly clean. The only reason Kenshi's HAX makes any sense is if you understand who raised him and they pretty much go out of the way to let you know their related.

Now Dual is what they should have focused on
>>
>>15735610
>manga
I'm still amused by the fact that the Masaki household decided to do their own version of Mito Komon, while exploring the galaxy.
>>
>>15735610
Even Tokyo was better than the third OVA. It's painfully clear they didn't really want to do it.
>>
>>15735610
I just sat through Universe. While I did like that they went to space and did stuff, most of the series feels like filler. What occurs in one episode rarely matters in the next one. At least with the OVA's there's a continuity between episodes. Universe also ended with the status quo. Damn carrot farmer.

I still have no idea what happened with the OVAs. The first one was great, then the second one was still pretty good, and shat the bed on the third one. The current one seems like the writer just wants to bridge GXP and Geminar with characters constantly asking about Seina-chan or the Leah (Rea?) thing. Perhaps this is an attempt to drum up interest in those series. More GXP or Geminar would be good. A tie-in to Dual might also provide a possibility for another Dual series where they go into space but doubtful. Zinv is supposed to be Seina's mech and he's a reincarnation (possibly). The other thing as you pointed out was character introductions done poorly. They keep introducing characters with the expectation that people have read the source material. Me, being an anime only pleb, have no idea about any of these people and can only guess who they are and how they're connected.
>>
>>15740205
yeah as far as I understand Tenchi is basically "If you read the books you'd know what any of this shit is" the further along in the OVAs you go
>>
>>15740218
Tenchi also seems to be getting less character with each OVA. In the first one he was a kid with a bit of an attitude but not a delinquent. Then he becomes more of a pushover to the girls and everyone else and finally he doesn't even really speak anymore.
>>
File: tenchi ef96f8e88c75541b8ffbc.jpg (502KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
tenchi ef96f8e88c75541b8ffbc.jpg
502KB, 1000x900px
>>15740205
>Filler

Why is it so wrong that an episode exists for it's own sake. yeah Universe had a lot of "filler" episode but at least they where doing shit that was entertaining or at least tried to be. Shit was happening, even if it was something as simple as a galactic bikini contest or the gang running a hostess club out of the back of a space ship. Something as simple as a summer festival became a crazy adventure when the gang lost control of shit.

Filler isn't bad. It gives the characters a chance to be seen at their most ungraded so when things do get heavy they actually have some weight. A galactic space adventure with the empire is all the more meaningful because we took the time to care about the characters in their relaxed state.

I swear every armchair anime critic thinks that unless every episode is filled with massive plot bombs it's not worth something and that makes me sick.

>Universe also ended with the status quo. Damn carrot farmer.

watch the movies.
>>
>>15740232
>I swear every armchair anime critic thinks that unless every episode is filled with massive plot bombs it's not worth something and that makes me sick.

Babylon 5 had plenty of episodes like that but there was always a call back or something going on in the background that if you weren't paying attention the first time you would miss. Those three episodes in Universe where they travel through parallel universes was fucking painful to get through for me. That's not to say that I didn't like certain aspects of Universe. I liked the guardians getting humanoid forms for example.
>watch the movies.
I did years ago. I liked Tenchi's daughter (of darkness). I just don't care anymore for that version of the universe. I didn't care for how Washu was the one that was trapped in the cave and how Ryoko just shows up and falls for Tenchi without motivation.
>>
>>15740232
>>15740261
Let me expand on this. There are right ways and wrong ways to make stand alone episodes. If a character doesn't grow, gain or loose something, or show the audience something new about the character then you're just wasting the audience's time. I felt like my time was wasted in those episodes.
>>
>>15740269

I disagree. I feel like just putting the characters in an interesting situation who's purpose is to entertain is enough. It can be funny, it can be sad or whatever but it doesn't have grow, gain or loose something.

It just has to be well written. Anime isn't some special medium that's so above everything else creatively that it can't exist simply to exist.

I won't argue that there weren't any duds but writing an episode off entirely as filler is ludicrous
>>
>>15735610

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I loved the shit out of tenchi when I was younger but I'm just about done with it. The good will of the first OVA series (and Universe...somewhat) is the keeps me around.

>>15735640
I could go for some more Dual! though even if it did feel like they'd painted themselves into a corner towards the end.
>>
>>15740627
>I could go for some more Dual! though even if it did feel like they'd painted themselves into a corner towards the end.

They could do the whole conquer space thing. Maybe they can tie it in that they are the ones that started the galactic government or something which explains why there are humans in space that aren't from Earth.
>>
>>15740205
>More GXP or Geminar would be good.
>GXP
>good
No
>>
>>15740644

Space travel also opens the door for time travel.

Mitsuki is mai waifu
>>
>>15740902
>Not even the best Mitsuki
>>
>>15740720
GXP suffered from the Excel Saga director but I still enjoyed it. He focused too much on lol so random comedy while glossing over things or not even bothering to mention things like how the first Kamidake was some kind of prototype with what I can assume was a Jurai tree emulator.
>>
>>15740269
I definitely disagree with this. If you don't care about characters and only watch for the visuals, direction etc then stand alone episodes are as good as anything else.
>>
>>15742189
The concept of GXP is not every interesting to begin with even if you want to blame Nabeshin's retarded humor which just extends to NB the setup and characters are already just bad and it was the beginning of the franchise introducing all these extended cast members who nobody gives a sit about hogging up the limelight from the ones we do care about also Seina is such a lame protagonist.
>>
>>15740269
>>15742211
And of course you can feel however you want about your time being wasted but saying the whole audience feels the same way is not exactly right in my opinion.
>>
>>15742177

Other Mitsuki a shit for fags with boring taste
>>
>>15735544
is this gonna be the ova where tenchi marries ryoko and ayeka and have the kids with them?
>>
>>15742685
>progress
>in Tenchi
Maybe one day but I have severe doubts. More likely Kenshi will be introduced as a baby.

>>15742212
>it was the beginning of the franchise introducing all these extended cast members who nobody gives a sit about hogging up the limelight from the ones we do care about also Seina is such a lame protagonist.
Eh, I didn't mind the universe expanding. It's a natural progression for a long running series. Look at Bleach or One Piece for comparison. I couldn't even begin to tell you any of the characters after certain arcs. I also liked Seto and thought her introduction was done well in the show. Seina is Seina. I thought he was better than Tenchi in that he wants to go to space and have adventures but he is a Kajishima harem protagonist in that he has to be passive with the girls to maintain the status quo. His bad luck gimmick was pretty stupid though.

>>15742211
>I definitely disagree with this. If you don't care about characters and only watch for the visuals, direction etc then stand alone episodes are as good as anything else.
That's fine. I know I'm more of a plot progression type of person and anytime it's standing still I get annoyed and I know there are people that like SOL nothingness. However, if people care about the visuals, direction, etc. and not the characters then you may as well watch a different show.

I'm trying to keep this thread alive. This thread would have probably got more traction on /a/ but then it would have turned into an image dump.
>>
>>15742685
I'm more interested in the glory that is marrying with Ryo-Ohki, of all beings.
>>
>>15735544
>the whole masaki clan plus tenchis dad are suddenly all juraians

did i miss something? or do i have this all wrong?
the ova and its family tree are confusing as fuck
>>
>>15740228
when i was watching the 4th ova i was wondering why the CENTRAL cast got less screentime than all these new masakis coming about
>>
>>15742795
Everyone did I think, but what can you do when the majority of the cast are gods and the rest are demi-gods? It's not like they can write a villain that can challenge them except Tecnhi's grandma Airi or whatever. I still have no idea what was going on with that in OVA 3. Like I said, I don't mind the new characters but they need to introduce them properly and please give the main cast something to do. Even during the drinking party that the men where at, they were speaking about some other character that wasn't even introduced. I can only assume it was somebody else at the gathering.
>>
>>15742780
Yosho's arrived on Earth like 300 years ago, it's understandable that his descendants can populate an entire village.
>>
File: 1470877875016.jpg (1MB, 2484x2224px) Image search: [Google]
1470877875016.jpg
1MB, 2484x2224px
>>15742685
By the time Geminar happens, they've already had the kids.
>>
File: 20130317.jpg (923KB, 1550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20130317.jpg
923KB, 1550x1000px
>>15742780
Yes. Yes it is. I always thought Nobuyuki was just an Earthling that married into the family and it was just Tenchi's mom that was a Jurian. I wonder what it looks like now.
>>
File: Toobad.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Toobad.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
>>15735544
I just want more lightsabers and lighthawk wing action; Jurai political intrigue and fan service.

Is that so much to ask for.
>>
>>15742909
I'm with you and space ships! I love Seto's dream-catcher shaped ship.
>>
>>15742914
Actually really loved the GXP ships-- something about the "giant flying pistol/rifle" aesthetic does it for me.
>>
>>15742685

>tenchi's kids genetically inherit bandaids
>>
>>15743159
Aren't those Seina's kids?
>they inherited bandaids
>>
>>15742865

It's just generally stretching crudualty and honestly it becomes like one of the Deviant art OC characters where every character has to be something super special and the more they pile on the less special the original special things seem
>>
>>15742914
>>15742909

Read the manga. It feels like the logical next step from the first OVA, shit actually happens and the writer knows how to actually use the characters.

they actually explore Jurai politics, the tree ships and the light hawk swords A LOT better than the later ovas ever would.

Yakage is a great antagonist to follow Kagato with
>>
>>15743794
On the flipside, it introduces a childhood friend character for Tenchi, deals with her issues for one chapter, then never makes use of her again.

Though I will say it's funny that a later chapter has a character that coincidentally looks like Kagato despite being completely different otherwise.
>>
>>15745582

it's good to explore Tenchi's non alien relationships now and again but generally keep them as one offs. Something to make him feel more human without sidelining the girls.

Hell that same story also only served to strengthen both Ayeka and Ryoko's characters and make their affection seem more genuine
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.