[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we entering a new Golden Age of Gainax?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_moe4v2ufcY1rlqkpno5_500.jpg (194KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moe4v2ufcY1rlqkpno5_500.jpg
194KB, 500x687px
Anno and the Trigger cancer are gone. The only good director, Yamaga, is directing Aoki Uru in 2018 and the upcoming Harlock films. Has Gainax been saved?
>>
As soon as they attempt to make something that isn't cancerous waifushit, Anno tries to take them down. Fuck him.
>>
I'm glad the people who left were there in the first place but I still hope Gainax lives on in the spirit of classic Otakudom.
>>
Is this a good thing if I enjoyed 0080, Gunbuster, FLCL, Diebuster, and TTGL?
>>
>>15734782
No, because those were done by the people who left.
>>
File: uru in blue.jpg (685KB, 1817x1375px) Image search: [Google]
uru in blue.jpg
685KB, 1817x1375px
>>15734577
I'll believe Aoki Uru is being worked on when I see an actual trailer with actual animation.
>>
I thought Gainax was a orange farm or something now?
>>
>>15735254
If it isn't, it sure will be when Khara is done with them.
>>
>>15734593
>As soon as they attempt to make something that isn't cancerous waifushit, Anno tries to take them down.
He's asking for a fuckton of money they were supposed to pay back years ago. He isn't even asking for any interest, or at least not heavy interest. Anno has all right to ask for them to pay his money back or threaten legal action because they have just been resting on their coffers the past few years and not really doing anything of note.
>>
But trigger is still making shit
>>
Whether you accept it or not, Anno was one of the driving forces behind your precious oldschool Gainax. He did far more than direct a couple of series.
>>
>>15735883
But the only Anno series I liked was Gunbuster and that was probably only because he was leashed-as-fuck
>>
>>15734577
They're going to need a lot of tomatos if they want to pay Anno his 100 million yen.
>>
>>15734593
>They lost in a cout of law
>somehow this is Anno trying to murderfuck them

Like him or love him, what is owed should be repaid
>>
>>15735900
They're going to make an SoL about tomato farming that'll basically be Shirobako, but with farming/country life. Inspiring a generation, for the next two/three decades Japan's emptying countryside problem will be solved due to naive, hopeful citykids move out to the farmland. Despite facing an unfamiliar set of challenges in this new lifestyle, they persevere in order to fulfill their lifelong dreams. With a new, larger workforce in the farmlands Japan is able to lower its need for agricultural exports and also slightly diversify its economy, pulling themselves out of the economic funk they've been in since the bubble burst. This economic prosperity leads to a rise in birthrates, especially among the hopefuls and the hopefuls' children, who are free of the demanding office culture.

Thus will Gainax not only save anime, but also all of Japan.
>>
>>15735883
True, but only Gunbuster and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water were actually good. Everything else he directed was mediocre at best.
>>
>>15734905
what is this aoki uru and why do i have this plan-rection with just 2 artworks, PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFO
>>
>>15736899
It is the sequel to Wings of Honneamise that was cancelled in the early 90s. It had mechanical designs by Masamune Shirow and Kazutaka Miyatake. There was a CD-ROM with artworks and the original screenplay released in 1997 or 8 but I don't know if it's online anywhere. Production has supposedly begun again last month. Directed by Hiroyuki Yamaga and character designs by Yoshiuyuki Sadamoto.
>>
>>15734905
I'm getting 90s flashbacks like crazy.
>>
>>15735949
>Inspiring a generation, for the next two/three decades Japan's emptying countryside problem will be solved due to naive, hopeful citykids move out to the farmland.

More like those communities are still getting LDP-money and as they keep shrinking and as they already have all the museums and community centers and highway access points and local airports they need, they decide to throw cash at anime now. It's a bubble, like the OVA one.

Nobody wants to move to the countryside or work as a farmer. It's tough work, you're subject to all the whims of nature and it pays like shit at the end of the day.
>>
>>15736918
oh dear lord wings of mayonaisse, i´m still pissed that it had such stupid plot on top of a space race story
>>
>>15736845
*Everything else he directed afterward was mediocre
>>
>>15736845
Everything he's done is mediocre at best desu
>>
File: nutbuster.jpg (2MB, 1916x2612px) Image search: [Google]
nutbuster.jpg
2MB, 1916x2612px
>>15735889
>>15736845
Gunbuster was actually shit and cancerous
>>
>>15736990
Gunbuster is fun to watch.
>>
>>15736954
>>15736958
>>15736845
>>15737046
>>15735889
>>15734782
>>15734593

> I am desperate to be contrarian and special on the internet: The Posts

Grow up you insufferable little kids
>>
File: Cirno femdom.jpg (836KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Cirno femdom.jpg
836KB, 2560x1920px
>>15737060
>People have opinions that I don't like so they must be contrarian, and I won't even bother to find out why they have those opinions
You're the one that needs to grow up, my friend
>>
>>15737060
Is that self-criticism, anon? Good for you, we need more of that on the internet.
>>
>>15737084
No one who genuinely has an option on something goes online and posts about it like
>DAILY REMINDER THAT EVANGELION ISN'T GOOD

A testament to that is how this exact thread was made on /a/ the other day and no one cared. Another is how there's a 70+ post thread about Fafner where no one posts inflammatory garbage like this because it happens to be the more obscure show.
>>
>>15737103
Except I said Evangelion was mediocre, not complete shit. It's art was pretty good for the most part and the action sequences were good but the actual pacing of the plot was wayy to slow for a 26 episode anime. Also, I didn't just leverage this criticism to Evangelion, I also leveraged it to Kare Kano and some of Anno's more personal works like Love & Pop: they aren't bad but they definitely went for a style over substance approach like Evangelion. It's not even unique to Evangelion or Anno: a lot Miyazaki's movies suffer from the exact same thing with maybe the exception of Laputa:Castle in the Sky. I get that some people like to troll by saying things like
>EVAKEKS THINK EVANGEION IS ACTUALLY GOOD
> grinningman.png

but I have my personal reasons for not really getting into the craze of Evangelion. I certainly don't hate it, I just personally don't see the appeal of it.
>>
>>15734905
that guy on the left looks like a grown Shinji
>>
>>15737133
That's a fine opinion to have, even if I disagree. The overwhelming majority of discussion of the topic on /m/ just happens to be shitposting (including this thread). If you're the one who said only Gunbuster and Nadia are good, or even any of the other posts about his work being mediocre, that really has nothing to do with the claim that Anno did more than just direct some series for Gainax. Because he made the company.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170727-173008.jpg (315KB, 1072x749px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170727-173008.jpg
315KB, 1072x749px
>>15737060
Comments from these posts include sentiments such as:
>everything Anno touches is shit
>Gunbuster is shit
>well, i liked Gunbuster
>Gunbuster is fun

What are you playing at?
>>
>>15737153
That's Sadamoto-face for you
>>
>>15734577
Is possible to give a tldr of all the relevant characters of gainax?
>>
>>15741528
Doing so would defeat the purpose of the Gunbuster and Diebuster.
>>
>>15736845
Implying NGE was mediocre at best
>>
>>15734577
I don't watch Gainax stuff because I can't stand the HYPER randumb shit that they have going on.

Same with Trigger, seriously it's fucking cancer
>>
>>15742853
another retard from /a/ I presume
please kill yourself, studio wars are cancer.
>>
>>15737103
>>15737133
>>15737155
this was actually pretty nice to see in an otherwise obvious trolling thread.
>>
>>15736943
But Japanese white rice tho.

Rice is the cornerstone of the Japanese diet.

The food kind of diet, I mean.

For real though, last I checked domestic white rice gets subsidies and all kinds of special protections and only under the most special of circumstances does outside rice get permission to mount the grocery shelves in moonland.
>>
What's wrong with Gainax? At worst, a few of its shows were simply forgettable while quite a good number of them were either decent or actually so good that become part of anime history.
>>
File: NANI.jpg (91KB, 714x682px) Image search: [Google]
NANI.jpg
91KB, 714x682px
>>15734577
>Trigger cancer
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.