[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are atmospheric re-entry episodes so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Why are atmospheric re-entry episodes so good?
>>
It's a pretty great way to add tension to the episode.
Knowing everyone on screen is one popped balloon away from death
>>
>>15733754
How many have there been? Pretty much every Gundam tv series has one. Dragonar had one, Vifam had one, L-Gaim had a few, Mospeada opened on one, Layzner had one.
>>
>>15733769
It's a thing in Planetes too. The episode about Yuri's past and the episode where Fee kamikazes a rogue debris missile.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBwFWBIssyY

This has to be the most suitable song ever made for an atmospheric re-entry episode.
>>
>>15733769
They rarely show up in non-Gundam anime.
Eureka Seven has something similar where they go into space for the first time, but it's not the same.

KLK ends with one.
For all the things it did wrong A/Z had a really cool re-entry scene.
Summer Wars is a movie about digimon trying to stop atmospheric re-entry.
>>
Cowboy Bebop has a good one
>>
>>15733754

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201706260032.html
>>
>>15733956
IBO has an atmospheric reentry episode though
>>
>>15734347
Found the idea of it cool, beat the shit out of a man while falling then ride his machine down to the surface.
>>15733754
>risk of death
>tension
>cool shit can be done such as riding debris, fighting in the midst of it or trying to stop catastrophe
>perfect way to end an episode or arc when you see the MC and their mech flying down like a shooting start at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50EL5IEpiE
>>
>>15734437
Plus it's usually something like an invasion episode or an escape episode so you have that added tension.
>>
>>15733754
>Raves about atmospheric re-entries
>Doesn't include the best atmospheric re-entry in picture.
>>
>15733956
I know you're a troll, but IBOs atmospheric reentry was legitimately one of the best episodes in the series.
>>
File: gdh67o5wt69969.png (948KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gdh67o5wt69969.png
948KB, 1280x720px
>>15734447
Does the end of IBO S2 Episode 1 count as atmospheric re-entry? It was kind of dope.
>>
>>15734576
nah, its more like how when Banshee Norn first appeared in Unicorn.

that said atmospheric entry episodes = best episodes.
>>
Atmospheric de-entry episodes are pretty good too, tbqh
>>
>>15733769
Macross Plus.
>>
>>15734447
The spinning sword fight was pretty sick too. Really surprised me to see some grunt going ham like that
>>
>>15733754
Zambot had the best one
>>
>>15734576
I really loved this shot.
>>
In Muv Luv Alternative orbital re-entry deployed mechs (who also carry artillery on them) are the main infiltration units for attacks on BETA hives. Hell, my favorite scene in the trilogy is the speech Gen. Radabinhood does as the main cast are about to be sent into orbit for the grand finale, and the reentry scene after that is also quite nice and moving.
>>
>>15733769
Zambot 3 ends with a re-entry scene.
>>
>>15734576
I think it counts
>>
>>15733754
Because Earth is where shit gets realer.
>>
No mention of getter armageddon?
>>
>>15733754
>that bit where Kamillie slices through the guys parachute and lets him burn to death in the atmosphere
I always thought that was brutal and awesome
>>
>>15734747
Is it weird that I always find myself rooting for the ghallajhorn grunts?
I just can't help but root for the guy that shouts about honour, even if Ghallajhorn itself is corrupt as shit.
>>
File: JuniusSevenColonyDrop.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
JuniusSevenColonyDrop.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>15733754
Gundam SEED Destiny wins this one. Atmospheric re-entry AND a colony drop at the same time.
>>
File: 1386919176323.gif (1MB, 200x110px) Image search: [Google]
1386919176323.gif
1MB, 200x110px
>>15733754
>>15733761
Great ticking clock plot device too.
>>
File: yaRviAO.gif (4MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
yaRviAO.gif
4MB, 480x272px
>>15734576
Atmospheric re-entry confirmed
>>
File: Colony_Drop_GPF.jpg (289KB, 893x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Colony_Drop_GPF.jpg
289KB, 893x1500px
Yeah man, I love atmospheric re-entry.
>>
>>15735623
SEED Destiny really glossed over the fact that a shitton of the EA's cities were wiped out by that terrorist attack.
The latter half of the show does nothing to humanizes them or even bring it up.
It would've been cool if Stella and her siblings had been from one of these cities.
Showing how the war effects the other side would've been a simple way to add more depth to the EA's racism and hatred of coordinators.
It also would've made the attack on Berlin more reasonable.

Fuck man, Destiny set up so much.
I really wish someone would do a SAOAbridged style recut/re-edit of it
>>
>>15735606
>happless fucks who are just doing their job even if their boss is either sheltered or a corrupt douche
>get fucked up constantly in horrific ways
>despite most having low combat experience they try hard
>loyal
I see why really.
>>
>>15735602
The bit where Shin Getter tries to outrace the nuke from space or the bit where reentry burns all the paint off of Ryoma's kitbash and turns it into Black Getter?
>>
>>15733956
Your name is still shit. Come up with an actual pun or portmanteau.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.