[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knight's and Magic Ep 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: HYPE.jpg (79KB, 1264x720px) Image search: [Google]
HYPE.jpg
79KB, 1264x720px
Episode 5 is out. It was pretty good.

No Eru hijacking a mech, but ah well.
>>
I liked the details they added to the custom Hymerwort. In order to give it extra energy to make up for the increased strength, it gains extra batteries in the form of a short-cape instead of the large rear waist armor that the Tellestarles had.

They did blow over Edgar's injuries and Helvi's concern for him though. But otherwise, the battle was pretty even with the LN.
>>
>>15733346
Have to say it was pretty nicely done. Hoping Episode 6 will be equally good.
>>
Surprisingly, the trailer didn't spoil Tzendorg. I hope that doesn't mean that it has been cut out, but there hasn't really been any indication of such. Stephenie seems to be getting extra screen time in the anime, maybe she'll get a mech.

In any case, so far
Vol 1 - 2 eps
Vol 2 - 3 eps

7-8 episodes left if it's only one cour. 8 episodes would work relatively fine to get to Vol 5, 3 episodes for volume 3 and streamline volumes 4 and 5 to make it fit into 5 episodes (2.5 episodes each). It's less likely to work well if they have to cram volume 3 into 2 episodes or make 4 and 5 2 episodes each.

A 2nd cour would be a huge surprise and would change the pacing significantly unless they add a whole ending arc. I don't see it happening since Vol 5 works so well as a stopping place.
>>
I really hope they don't cut the Tzendorg, the
chariot/transport aspect seemed pretty vital.
I didn't expect Ady and Kid's fight to go so quickly
though, it was over in a blink of an eye.
>>
I don't like sad things in my LN things
>>
>>15733346
I like the zipline action in this episode
Lots of action, good stuff
>>
As an anime-only on this, I was surprised the one eyed spy's gundamjack was actually successful. I was expecting Eru to pull a "Just as Planned" with a remote kill switch.
>>
This series makes me ill. I can't help checking the next episode cause dammit, I love mecha and I love fantasy, and it's the only mecha anime airing right now, but every episode just makes me madder and madder. It's not that the pacing is crap, I get it's an adaptation, but why is the narrator relating what's happening RIGHT NOW? Why is everyone relentlessly sucking the MC's dick? Why should I care about anyone and anything in this world if everything is the MCs toybox. It feels like I don't get anime anymore and it's making me sad. I couldn't stomach the 70s series either and looks like my appreciation window is already closed.
All you guys going "this is bretty gud" are really depressing me too.
>>
>>15736360
> I get it's an adaptation, but why is the narrator relating what's happening RIGHT NOW?
Isekai LN are like that
>Why is everyone relentlessly sucking the MC's dick?
Isekais are self-insert since you're not reading is pretty hard to be in the MC pants
>>
>Start watching this because of this thread
>The guy gets to be a cute trap AND pilot robots after dying in the real world
What a lucky motherfucker
>>
>>15736360
>>15736360
Move on to a hobby you actually like then
>>
>>15736501
I like mecha just fine. I love toku and the goings are pretty good on that side, but mecha is my first and true love. I've been watching mecha all my life, and not too long ago we were getting pretty worthwhile shows- Knights of Sidonia, Majestic Prince, Kuromukuro. We even had the luxury of choice, don't like Captain Earth? Try Argevollen!
But enough complaining, I don't like this, I'll just let it go. Isekai (current flavor isekai, has been done much better many times before) might just not be my thing. Pity cause the mecha design is pretty dope.
>>
>>15736468
Remember anons, do a good job in your caste, and you too can reincarnate in the world of your dreams.

10/10 Hindu mythology.

>>15736607
As far as isekai examples go, this isn't too bad (look at Smartphone as an example for pretty much everything that can go wrong with isekai), but K&M is still isekai enough that I don't blame you that much not being able to get into it.
>>
File: knm_runes.png (17KB, 873x317px) Image search: [Google]
knm_runes.png
17KB, 873x317px
Reposting from >>>/a/160501728
>>
File: knm_runes_tls.jpg (939KB, 2532x2300px) Image search: [Google]
knm_runes_tls.jpg
939KB, 2532x2300px
>>15736711
>>>/a/160505460
>>
>>15733346

>cocky coward character actually becomes competent sempai

even if this is kind of generic, I really liked that
>>
>>15736714
great austim here
>>
>>15736607
>>15736360
> when /a/ likes mechs more than /m/

sometimes I wonder why this board even exist.
>>
>>15733346
A series with a lead that's a gary stu, literally knows everything, smarter than everyone, better than everyone, even in the show stated he can design things so superior it makes progress in the past 400 years seems like trash.

It's a fucking 12 year old that somehow has the brains to design entire giant robots better than people that literally devote their lives working with huge budget. Not only the 12 year old designed giant robots, he also designs small robots and better weapons...

The show's ok, art's ok, plot is ok, character is just fucking shit. It's literally a show for 10 year olds. Gary Stu has no development, perfect from the moment he showed up in episode one...
>>
>>15738345
just watched episode 5

fuck now it's a team of gary stus and mary sues...

jesus

>dropped
>>
>>15738345
>>15738362
Bye bye!
>>
>>15738341
>having standards means you don't like mecha
That being said /a/ is usually better for discussing mecha than /m/ these days.
>>
>>15738345
Did you miss the part where the MC was completely aware he was reincarnated after death and retained his passion for robots as well as his programming skills?

Regardless, the whole show is about mecha wankery.
>>
>>15738345
90-95% of isekai LN has similar setting like this.

>OP MC
or
>genius MC
>>
>>15738345
>>15738602
The appeal of this kind of series is understandable if you've ever had a "what if I went back in time and showed people all this cool tech we have" ponder run through your head. You're essentially watching a man bring back God level technical advancements to people barely able to wipe their ass.
>>
File: img000022.jpg (624KB, 852x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000022.jpg
624KB, 852x1200px
>>15739199
Partially that, but other than the mecha, the main appeal of the series is that the one bringing in the technology is a hardcore mecha autist with psychopathic tendencies. The anime focuses more on the autism while the manga ramps up the psychopathy.

Manga is an overall better as an adaptation, having better designs, more detail, and a less rushed pace, but the anime makes up for a lot of its flaws as an adaptation by having pretty good CG models and fight choreography. That and how the anime is further along.

Notably, 8-bit doing an adaptation this well is unusual for them. Maybe catastrophes like Rewrite and Grisaia gave them practice. The only episode that was obviously severely rushed was episode 1. Most people who don't read the LNs seem fine with the pace otherwise.
>>
This show is, like, pretty alright.
>>
so there is no soul-crushing ptsd event for the mc to bring down his ego in this series?
>>
>>15739580
He knows what happens after you die, so he doesn't give a shit about mortality and isn't afraid of death and kills people while saying "bye I hope you have a better next life"
>>
>>15739580
The closest the mc gets to that is getting minor autistic tantrums. MC having no sense of self preservation gives PTSD to everyone else at some point after a disasterous experiment
>>
>>15739627
I'll be honest, that sounds like a major improvement over the typical isekai protagonist.
>>
>>15739627
wow so he doesnt even care about his friends
>>
>>15739731
Honestly he really doesn't, as far as he's concerned it's robots>everything else, guy's basically a sociopath.
>>
>>15739627
Sounds like he'd fit right in Hindu culture then.
>>
>>15739731
He probably likes them enough to try to keep them alive and do them favors, but he probably wouldn't mourn too strongly if they do die.
>>
Helvi next best grill
>>
>>15736668
>smartphone
I haven't seen the show but on /a/ at least, threads are far more active than any K&M thread. Even if you combine the K&M threads from both boards there would probably still be more activity with smartphone. Kind of sad really.
>>
>>15739817
I assume he honestly believes people get isekai'd when they die to places they want to go.
>>
>>15740088
Well it happened to him so it must carry over, right?
>>
>>15740088
>Ady dies
>ends up in autist trap world
>>
This episode was ok. I liked the other episodes more.
>>
File: 1484489920157.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484489920157.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>15740088
>>15740135

>guitar riff noises
>>
>>15733346
How's this shit compare to Dunbine or Escaflowne?
>>
>>15740303
Not nearly as good, but enjoyable in its own right. It's basically about /m/ incarnate building robots in a fantasy world. Hell, the first robot he designs is effectively a fantasy version of a Guncannon.
>>
>>15740309
I don't really care about some self-insert main character, I care about the world itself, that's why I liked Dunbine.
>>
>>15740317
Haven't seen Dubine, but if you wanted to see how a mecha fantasy world reacts to an industrial revolution, Knight's and Magic is that anime.
>>
>>15740488
Dunbine did that though, they had sweat shops working on computer parts.
>>
>>15740072
Smartphone threads are 50% "why do you watch this garbage", 40% waifuposting, 9% general isekai discussion, and 1% LN discussion. I'd take K&M threads over that just because there's more to talk about.
>>
https://youtu.be/qovvoLGr0bU
Damn, they are really going all out in avoiding spoiling Tzendorg.
>>
>>15742139
Tzendorg's blueprint shows at 0:21
>>
>>15742139
Ooh, looks like this ep they'll begin building the toybox alongside the spoilerhorse
>>
>>15739731
He does, but this is mostly shown in the initial school arc (that the anime skipped over).
>>
>>15740524
I guess one could say that K&M is a What If we followed Shot Weapon's journey in Dunbine. Kinda.
>>
>>15742863
More or less. Only that Shot Weapon does it because he likes robots rather than power.

Still
>a single dude
>setting up an operation of handcrafting integrated silicium circuits in the middle fucking ages

The show says that Sho was OP, bit what Shot Weapon pulled was a fucking miracle.
>>
Since Op single is officially out now, are there booklet's scans anywhere? Did I miss them on this board?
>>
File: 63898569_p0.jpg (97KB, 500x764px) Image search: [Google]
63898569_p0.jpg
97KB, 500x764px
>>15736711
>7/30
2 weeks late
>>
The apostrophe throws me off. Why is it "Knight's"? Knight's what? What belongs to the Knight? This is literally the only reason I haven't even watched the show.
>>
>>15743455

I bet the name is an anagram.
>>
>>15743455
It's typical Japanese who doesn't understand English grammar writing.
>>
>>15743345
If there is a torrent of the full song, then the album art is likely on it.
>>
>>15738422
>Did you miss the part where the MC was completely aware he was reincarnated after death and retained his passion for robots as well as his programming skills?
Explaining the deal doesn't really make it any much better.
>>
File: SILVER_0007.jpg (2MB, 1814x2600px) Image search: [Google]
SILVER_0007.jpg
2MB, 1814x2600px
>Eru will never be a flat-chested loli lusting after her team leader.
>>
>>15739731
He still cares about his friends getting injured and experiencing pain. Next time at least think a little before shitposting.
>>
>>15733346
Now this is badass.
>>
I really liked this episode, I thought it was both nifty and funny how Kid managed to inadvertently trip that one mech into the lake. The other fights were pretty cool too. I can't wait for the main hero mech to show up, though, we're nearly halfway through the series and it hasn't appeared yet.
>>
>>15744815
Main hero mech will probably appear in episode 7 at the earliest, assuming they cram novel 3 into 2 episodes. They probably would do that if this is a 12 episode series, though if it's a 13 episode series, they could probably afford to make novel 3 into 3 episodes.
>>
>>15743740
There's more than one torrent, but no scans unfortunately...
>>
>>15743455
>>15743521
Engrish is always the answer.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.