[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this animated crossover will never happen kill me now sempai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_m8i0bw9ixt1r1rgoro5_500.gif (976KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8i0bw9ixt1r1rgoro5_500.gif
976KB, 500x281px
>this animated crossover will never happen
kill me now sempai
>>
kyjytlryi
>>
how brutal will Getter Emperor vs Super TTGL be?
>>
>>15732212
>Getter firing beams from its hands

That always bugged me.

>>15732255
I mean, maybe if STTGL actually accomplished anything other than being big we'd know the answer.
>>
>>15732261
meh, neither is getter robo's design
>>
>>15732261
Maybe it's one-handing a Stoner Sunshine?
>>
What get roboto should i watch first for a best experience?
>>
>>15732368
Doesn't matter so long as it isn't the Toei sequels
>>
>>15732368
One of the OVAs

And then the other OVAs, they aren't really related to each other at all besides being about Getter Robo.
>>
>>15732255
They punch for a bit then become friends.
>>
>>15732547
Yeah, I've never understood these "who would win in a fight" debates when they're comparing heroes. The fight will end without a conclusive victor, because they'll either realize there was no reason for them to fight and stand down to talk it out, or team up against a bigger threat and become friends along the way. That's how fights between heroes go, it's the intrinsic nature of narrative.
>>
>>15732353
I've seen those gifs before. It's a Getter Beam fired from the hand.
>>
>>15732766
Well Getter rays are the embodiment of gluttony. They desire to eat and consume.
>>
>>15732368
Start with Armageddon. After reading the manga of course.
>>
>>15732350
What?
>>
>>15732547
Why are they shaking hands like that? What are they looking at?
>>
>>15735199
You.
>>
>>15732766
I think you're completely correct, but I think people are also, on some level, hoping for something to break out of that narrative. People want to see Cobra and Lupin duke it out because they want the tension of knowing someone actually could lose. They're not going to get that tension from a professionally created story (once you see one pair of heroes become friends, you've seen them all), but in a power-level thread, there's always the tension of wondering exactly where on the 2000x2000 jpg the characters are going to go.
>>
>>15735497
>Cobra vs Lupin
Cobra obviously has the advantage of firepower, but what if they faced off to see who could successfully steal a priceless artifact from a top security facility?
>>
>>15732766
>Yeah, I've never understood these "who would win in a fight" debates when they're comparing heroes.
Emperor isn't a hero, it's a literal force of nature
>>
>>15735847
It's on the good guy side though.
>>
>>15736422
No, it's on humans' side. The morality and ethics of Getter are very nebulous, with humans literally being a species created by Getter in order to help Getter evolve and to give it physical form.

It has goals and aims not fully understood, it just wants to keep evolving to an unknown end. If spiral energy was an impetus to this process Emperor would destroy it, as it did the races that tried to stop it or wipe out humanity.
>>
>>15732261
Speaking of STTGL, I still felt disappointed at it's design even if the intention was to make it look like a blue energy entity that resembles Kamina.
>>
>>15736450
>The morality and ethics of Getter are very nebulous
No they aren't. It's literally just "evil things attack humans, humans use cosmic force in self defense." At no point are the non-human forces ever remotely sympathetic in any Getter story
>>
>>15736511
>At no point are the non-human forces ever remotely sympathetic in any Getter story
Explain to me why humans have more right to the earth than humans? What about the Andromeda country to the universe? I side with humans but they always pushed the idea that Dinosaurs have a right to claim earth, and in the second half of Go onwards they really point out that we consider Getter good because it's on our side and we are winning. Go introduced the idea that Getter is more like a god than anything and doesn't have set morality, then Shin and Arc establish that from different perspectives Getter is evil and a horrible demon.
>>
>>15736520
>Explain to me why humans have more right to the earth than humans?
why humans have more rights to the earth than dinosaurs*

I gotta start double checking my posts when I'm this tired.
>>
>>15736520
>Explain to me why humans have more right to the earth than humans? What about the Andromeda country to the universe?
Because in Getter, when humans have a problem, they don't genocide the source of the problem as the first solution
>>
>>15736530
They kinda do, but to humans credit it's always been in defense that they did that not active offense. Dinosaur Empire rightfully hates Getter for driving them underground, and hating humans for being the progeny of Getter that now inhabits their home. They honestly have all right to bare a grudge.
>>
>>15736511
Confirmed for never reading the manga series
>>
>>15736545
>They kinda do,
No they don't. The Getter team only ever killed the forces attacking it. They did not follow up by going underground and killing every last dinosaur or going into the future to wipe out the Andromeda bugs despite those two species repeated attempts at wiping out all humans
>>
>>15732766
>Getter Emperor
>hero

Well, some people consider Hitler, Mao and Stalin as heroes.

Emperor is a genocidal human supremacist.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.