[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Char finally takes hold of the spacenoid government and has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: something extremely wicked.jpg (143KB, 1832x988px) Image search: [Google]
something extremely wicked.jpg
143KB, 1832x988px
>Char finally takes hold of the spacenoid government and has a chance to improve life for them like his dad wished
>decides to throw it all away to have a gay final duel with his rival
was it autism?
>>
>OP finally learns how to start a thread and has the chance to contribute to the community
>decides to throw it all away to start a retarded gay thread
was it autism?
>>
You don't understand OP, Amuro killed Lalah, and she could have been a mother to Char.
>>
>>15730772
>>Char finally takes hold of the spacenoid governmen

W-What?
>>
File: 1438928763200.jpg (829KB, 950x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1438928763200.jpg
829KB, 950x1395px
>>15730772
I think at some point he really wanted to change how things were running.....but then got sidetracked with chasing Whitebase and Amuro and killing Garma Zabi (which he should've done AFTER destroying Whitebase)

He was having so much fun he forgot what he was doing

it was autism
>>
>>15730884
Don't worry, it's just another retard who hasn't actually watched the movie or any gundam show most likely.
>>
>>15730772
Well his friend and protégé got turned into a vegetable by Feddie-sanctioned fascists, before those same Feddies bent over and let Haman's bastardised Zeon pound them from behind while dragging his family name through the mud. I kind of get why he was so pissed off.
Plus he wanted Amuro to stop him and prove his cynicism and resentment towards Earthnoids wrong, that's why he goes out of his way to give Amuro advantages.
>>
>>15730998
>>15731013
Nice fanfics.
>>
>>15731024
Everything I said here >>15731013 happened on screen in Z, ZZ and CCA. How is it fanfic?
>>
>>15731026
The reasons he is dissatisfied with the Earth's government are discussed at length in Zeta. There is no need to make up further justifications.

>Plus he wanted Amuro to stop him and prove his cynicism and resentment towards Earthnoids wrong, that's why he goes out of his way to give Amuro advantages.
Completely unsupported statement that goes directly against his characterization.
>>
>>15731026
>Well his friend and protégé got turned into a vegetable by Feddie-sanctioned fascists
Scirocco began his takeover of the Titans long after the Titans were renounced by the Federation.

>before those same Feddies bent over and let Haman's bastardised Zeon pound them from behind while dragging his family name through the mud.
I don't even know what part of the franchise you're referring to. ZZ? But what does that have anything to do with "dragging his family name through the mud"?

>Plus he wanted Amuro to stop him and prove his cynicism and resentment towards Earthnoids wrong
If that was true, then he wouldn't have been mad about the nuclear armed ship docked at Axis being destroyed.

>that's why he goes out of his way to give Amuro advantages.
You sure it wasn't a matter of pride?
>>
File: charcca.png (216KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
charcca.png
216KB, 500x311px
>>15731049
His problems were discussed, but even by the end of Z he still wasn't at mass-extinction-dropping levels

>Completely unsupported statement
He gives Amuro psycho frame data to bring NuGundam up to Sazabi's level, he walks around broadcasting to Amuro to come and kick his ass while he's negotiating with the Feddies.

>>15731051
>But what does that have anything to do with "dragging his family name through the mud"
Anyone using the Zeon name after Deikun was perverting the man's core philosophy and ideals.

>You sure it wasn't a matter of pride?
Pic related
>>
>>15731059
>His problems were discussed, but even by the end of Z he still wasn't at mass-extinction-dropping levels
That's, like, your opinion, man.
>He gives Amuro psycho frame data to bring NuGundam up to Sazabi's level, he walks around broadcasting to Amuro to come and kick his ass while he's negotiating with the Feddies.
I did not protest against the facts, only against your completely unsupported rationalization of those.
>>
>>15731064
>only against your completely unsupported rationalization of those.
Fair. That's how all of the pieces in place just appeared to fit together to me. I'd struggle to believe it's just a grudge against Amuro/pride given they seemed pretty reconciled with each other in Z, so there seemed to be something more to it.
>>
>>15731059
>He gives Amuro psycho frame data to bring NuGundam up to Sazabi's level, he walks around broadcasting to Amuro to come and kick his ass while he's negotiating with the Feddies.
That was a taunt.

>Anyone using the Zeon name after Deikun was perverting the man's core philosophy and ideals.
Except his ideals and philosophy are called contolism, which Zeon remnants don't uphold. Zeon remnants are literally called Zeon remnants because they're the remnants of the former Zeon military, they were not named after the person himself. Only the nation was named after the person.

>Pic related
Nanai doesn't even know that the psycoframe has been leaked to the Federation via Anaheim. Char's lying and keeping secrets from her.

Also, that scene you mentioned includes a flashback to Amuro killing Lalah, which Char clearly wants revenge for. Char even brings it up during their final duel that he resented the loss of Lalah.
>>
>>15731059
>Pic related
He didn't say he wasn't.
>>
>>15731073
Well, you seem to be honest so I will do my best.

I think it is pretty obvious that there is a deeper theme and I don't see why anger or pride should preclude that. Tomino places a lot of focus on how people are motivated by their emotions. I'm afraid that a lot of people here have a very shallow way of interpreting emotions which is why they lack the capacity to understand a lot of plot points in his work.

Maybe you think you are doing Char a favor when you try to give him some sort of semi-noble motivation, but you are in fact doing the exact opposite of that by
1. Stating that he is cynical
2. Claiming that he would start something without meaning to finish it
3. Implying that his conviction is so weak that he would hope to sabotage his own work.
which directly contradict what is presented in the movie itself and go against his established character and in consequence with his established motivations.

In the first place there are a lot of points in the movie that suggest that it is indeed a matter of pride. What bothers you about it exactly?
>>
>>15731161
>What bothers you about it exactly?
Because I don't see what he has to be prideful about when dealing with Amuro. By Zeta the two do seem to have learned to live with each other, and reached some sort of understanding (probably helped by Lalah telling them to play nice at the end of their swordfight in 0079). So at some point between Z and CCA he suddenly decided he needs to beat Amuro again?
>>
>>15731208
Well, I suspected it would go something like that.
I think it's actually pretty simple point that the movie makes it quite obvious.
Maybe the characterization throughout the series has been a bit too erratic and obscure so try to look at the movie with unprejudiced eyes. The setup and every single major plot point suggest that there is some sort of romantic drama involved in the conflict between Char and Amuro. The movie constantly beats you over the head with it. If you watch it with this mindset all of the confusing plot points just fall into place. You know, men tend to be pretty touchy about this kind of thing after all.
I can say the same thing about MSG. If you watch it with this point in mind a lot of confusing elements make more sense. I think the confusion stems from the fact that it wasn't very clearly established in the series that some sort of love triangle exists so a lot of viewers tend to straight up deny the possibility and come up with thousand other ludicrous ways to explain the story just to avoid this glaringly obvious plot point that is taken for granted by the narrative in any latter work. I guess the non-viewer-friendly writing and dialogue are to blame.
It's a bit embarrassing for me to have to point out what I consider to be self-evident.
>>
How is Char's haircut called?
>>
>>15730772
*Sha
>>
File: hnyRPui.jpg (36KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
hnyRPui.jpg
36KB, 640x370px
>>15731304
Long on top, take a little off the Sides.
>>
>>15730998
War is a harrowing and emotionally invested time for almost anyone, especially so when you're the secret son of an executed government official on a secret mission of revenge against both the opposition of the Federation whose oppression gave birth to your Father's ideals along with the Zabi's who usurped and perverted those ideals. So there you are going on a murderous fender where you've decided to emotionally cope by being a sadist masquerading as a loyal soldier ace pilot.

You're being emotionally validated and you're still following your villainous pursuits until- you find an emotion block, a literal target of your sadism that is beyond your ability to actually destroy. Amuro is much like a cancer to Char's emotional turmoil, he subverted the joy and satisfaction Char could feel in being a successful Ace Pilot and held his motivations captive. It's possible that without the existence of Amuro that Char would've found the time and ability to enact his anti-Zabi revenge and not compromise his self-confidence.
>>
>>15732593
Char is nowhere near sadistic.
>>
File: 913.jpg (231KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
913.jpg
231KB, 1280x1440px
>>15730772
>was it autism?

Yeah because Char is a bitter man child like his Char clones and apparently 90% of /m/.
>>
>>15731297
That's not really addressed my point. No shit there was a love triangle, you'd have to have not watched the last ten episodes of 0079 to not see it. It's just there were major character interactions between 0079 and CCA. The most glaring being, "I came to laugh at you," where it's Amuro who's caught up in the past and resentful, and Char trying to get him to stop being petty and get on with it.
Thanks for being condescending by the way, I bow to your Olympian knowledge of Gundam.
>>
>>15732602
>nowhere near sadistic

and he doesn't even remotely betray anyone ever
>>
>>15732615
>you'd have to have not watched the last ten episodes of 0079 to not see it
Then I guess a lot of people on this board haven't watched them.

How does acknowledging that your romantic rival is not to blame for your romantic failures suddenly make you not feel bad for being rejected by the woman you love?
>>
>>15732627
Wow, what a convincing argument, anon! How could I possibly refute this meme!
>>
>>15732637
Glad you agree, anon. It'd be terrible if your refutation was only a sentence long and had no substance to it, or if someone were to post three examples of Char enjoying the murder of someone who trusted them as if he was some kind of sadist.
>>
>>15732633
You mean
>How does acknowledging that your romantic rival is not to blame for your romantic failures suddenly make you not blame your romantic rival and come to terms with what happened so that you both can be reconciled
There is a world of difference between feeling bad about something and acting on resentment you'd settled years prior
>>
>>15732641
You don't have to be a sadist to kill people out of pragmatism, you have to be a sadist to kill people for pleasure
>>
>>15732641
You mean one example of Char enjoying the murder of someone he has hated for a long time and two examples of fanfiction juxtaposed with a completely unrelated image?
>>
>>15732648
Define resentment? He is not blaming Amuro for anything but it is natural to feel resentment towards someone who was preferred over you.
>>
>>15732657
It's natural to feel resentment, it's odd to act on it so aggressively when you've already reconciled with the person you feel resentment towards, that's my point. It's not that he wouldn't feel bad, it's that he had already addressed those feelings and had closure with Amuro.
>>
>>15732733
His aggression is warranted by his life circumstances, not by his feelings for Amuro. He attacks because he is desperate, not because he suddenly decided he hates him now. He is not targeting his hatred towards Amuro personally. Amuro just happened to be in his way.
>>
>>15730772
>Char finally takes hold of the spacenoid government
This never happened why are people even replying to this thread
>>
>>15730772
It's because he finally realize Zeon were the ones truly held back by Earths gravity.
>>
>>15732925

Probably because his Neo Zeon appears to be a full fledged government. He gives speeches, goes to political rallies, meets people in organized events, has parties with sponsors and negotiates with other governments. There's also half a dozen or more guys in Neo Zeon who never appear out of suits and whose role appears to be exclusively administrative, not military.
>>
>>15733908
In a small colony far from center.
>>
>>15733908
I'm pretty sure the only colony openly backing up Char's Neo Zeon was Sweetwater.
>>
>>15733964

So what? Small countries and governments can and do exist.
>>
>>15733980
>THE spacenoid government
>implying only one
>>
>>15733984

When there is only one apparent Spacenoid government he's not wrong. It's a small government, but it still acts like and is treated as a unique one.
>>
>>15733990
Twist it all you can, that's not what OP meant. Sweetwater was with Char partly because he offered retaliation against the Federation that had forsaken them anyway. Had he turned into a peace-preaching hippie they wouldn't have given a fuck about him.
>>
>>15734006

I'm not twisting anything. OP said he controlled the Spacenoid government and I can see what he meant, because Char is in charge of what appears to be the only Spacenoid government in existence. You can shout about how it never happened if you want, but that doesn't mean it's not possible to see what OP was referring to quite easily.
>>
>>15730772

I wish there was a what if story where Char joins the EF instead and takes his revenge on the Zabi throughout the war. Then after the war is over he becomes a politician and uses his reputation as a hero of humanity to rocket up the hierarchy with the intent to take over the government and pass policies that will eventually result in the evacuation of earth.
I wonder how the rest of the UC shows would unfold in this scenario. Perhaps Amuro would become Shinn to Char's Durandal, or Char would go full Metal Wolf Chaos and fly out of the Red House in his gundam to fight the Zeon remnants whenever they appear.
>>
>>15734017
While it's grammatically correct to talk about "the" Spacenoid government, nobody would have called it that in this situation to begin with. If you just say THE Spacenoid government out of the blue, you're referring to a government encompassing all the colonies, or at the very least a vast majority. It's not like there was only one anon who got it that way, yet you're the only one defending OP's statement (assuming you're not OP).
>>
>>15734034

And if one meaning doesn't make sense in context most people consider other possible meanings instead of just dismissing the whole statement out of hand. I'm not OP, I think he's probably a troll and his post isn't really worth discussing ; that doesn't mean I can't intuit what he meant even if he termed it badly, or that I think that statement is false because of how it was worded.
>>
>>15734057
Look. There isn't even point in arguing because Sweetwater isn't actually independent from the Earth Federation nor has it a proper established government. The Federation doesn't even officially recognize Char as himself. Any negotiation with Neo Zeon was conducted clandestinely. Before Char starting throwing asteroids to the Earth, Londo Bell did inspect colonies including Sweetwater, but the people there helped Neo Zeon hid. This is all illicit activity under the table. The Sweetwater government doesn't exist.
>>
>>15734091

Nothing about their negotiation comes across as clandestine or secret. Especially not when Char is openly announcing his actions to be in compliance with the terms agreed.
>>
>>15734120
>Nothing about their negotiation comes across as clandestine or secret

Except the part where Londo Bell had to get notified about it by Cameron Bloom who was present during the fishy acts of the Federation and knew Bright personally. That was the only reason Londo Bell knew they had to get to Axis as fast as they could because Char was planning to drop it. BTW, the Federation had to keep it a secret because they knew Char was going to drop it, but were looking over it sincee all the people that mattered to them had already escaped to space.
>>
>>15734120
>Char is openly announcing his actions to be in compliance with the terms agreed
The fake terms where he doesn't make the thing accelerate towards the Earth.
>>
>>15734139

What does that matter? The point is that he's publicly announcing his apparent compliance as part of a plan to deceive the Federation, and the Federation don't act alarmed that's he's doing so. If it was a clandestine deal they wouldn't want him to talk about it at all.
>>
>>15734134

> the Federation had to keep it a secret because they knew Char was going to drop it

Nice head canon.
>>
>>15734017
The Republic of Zeon might be a puppet state but it is a thing.
>>
Personally, I do not know any scenario possible that would not bring the Second Neo Zeon government into conflict with Londo Bell and the greater EFF. Unless Char actually have a hold of something so monstrous that it forces the Earth Government to give his colonies freedom, or autonomy - The Laplace Box comes to mind - War is going to come nevertheless.
>>
>>15732593
Makes a lot of sense.

Also explains his actions in Zeta, where he refuses to assume any leadership role and just wants to be on the front lines killing other pilots.
>>
fuck the movie
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.