[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resources in Universal Century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Gundam.jpg (51KB, 600x225px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.jpg
51KB, 600x225px
Ever since i watched ZZ (loved it) and saw Moon Moon, i have been confused in regards to resources in the universal century. Let me clarify that by resources i mean the three following things: Manpower, Money and Natural Materials. I wont go into depth about why moon moon doesn't make sence, but ill ask you (the reader) this: on a futuristic space colony, with no natural materials to dig up from the ground, how did the soldiers of moon moon get helmets? and this made me think, where did zeon before the development of the zaku get the metals, enginers, materials for the enginers to work with, and so on, to make all of the zeon ships, and weapons so they could get somewhere, and develope the first mobile suits, so they could go to earth, They made mines on earth, so that they could produce moar mobile suits and ships, but where did they get the resources for the initial ships and mobile suits. Speaking of mines, wouldn't the earth be almost empty of materials from making all of the space colonies, i mean, imagine how much steel, and other natural materials would be used on just ONE colony, think about it. Now imagine, how much there is left after the federation uses the earths natural resources to create: all of the colonies, its spaceship armada, the moon colony, and a bunch of other stuff, there would be almost next to nothing left on the earth. And besides, how much did it cost the federation to build all of the space colonies, getting the resources from earth into space, having enough workers to build the colonies and paying all of those workers. Knowing this, one would think that the federation would be bankrupt when the colonies would be finished, and the earth would have been in big trouble. I have a lot more stuff like this, in regards to Neo Zeon, Zeon and Anaheim Electronics. But i think all of you get the point. My question is, if this is explained in some obscure light novel from 30 years ago, but im gonna complain about it anyhow.
>>
Quick correction:What i meant to say at the end was: My question is, if this is explained somewhere, please do tell me where, and what the explanation is.
>>
I believe they used Moon and asteroid belts mines.
There is no other answer I think.
>>
Humans mined the asteroids for the resources for the colonies after the first space stations. the Earth Federation didnt need to further strip the earth of resources because the spacenoids sent the resources their way. Most of the Feddies spacecraft were built in space thanks to the Spacenoids.
>>
>>15730275
that explains a lot of it, tho now im wondering why zeon needed mines on earth, if they had the asteroids
>>
>>15730282
space embargo. the resources from space are highly secured by the Earth federation, so the Zeon factions scattered in Earth needed to be self sustaining
>>
>>15730250
They did asteroid mining, anon. There's a huge amount of metals to be found in the asteroids. You wouldn't ship up material from Earth, that would be insanely expensive to make something the size of a space colony. Not so much because of the cost of the resources themselves, though that would be a large cost, but because of the amount of energy it would take to put them into orbit. But asteroids you just have to shift their orbit, much lower energy costs. And then you have free energy from the sun to smelt them, so the whole thing is pretty cost effective.

Of course, this does raise the question of "why did Zeon have those mines at Odessa, then?". That, I'm not sure. Possibly the asteroids they had were lacking in certain rare metals they needed, and given that there was a war on they needed speed over cost effectiveness. It takes months to years to shift an asteroid's orbit, but if you're willing to pay the price you can get material from Earth to the colonies in a week. So instead of prospecting for asteroids that had what they needed, they just took it from Earth. That's my best guess, anyway.
>>
Asteroid mining son

http://www.mining.com/meteorites-heading-to-earth-may-contain-trillions-of-diamonds/
>>
>>15730337
>"why did Zeon have those mines at Odessa, then?

Because Kycilia wanted to run her private war and show up Gihren who was the actual commander.

M'Quve got his own mobile suit and toys because he was giving Kycilia those resources.

Zeon is not a meritocracy.
>>
>>15730272
>>15730282

Yes, Haman blackmails the Federation into giving her an entire side so she can have slave labor to strip mine tons of minerals in ZZ.
>>
>>15730381
Yes, but my point is that she could have gotten those from asteroids, too. Unless it wasn't viable for her to rope in an asteroid while a war was going on, which I think is plausible.
>>
>>15730250
Luna II, the Federation's only remaining space base in MSG, is a former space mine that was active until the UC0050s or something. And that thing is massive. It's the 3 Juno asteroid IIRC, which is like 300x250x200km

I think Solomon, Pezun, and Granada are also confirmed mines. ABQ was two asteroids smashed together to create a base. Axis is also a mine, but one out in the asteroid belt acting as a waypoint for the Jupiter energy fleet during MSG (Haman moved it into the Earth sphere from 0084 or 0085 and it arrived 0087 after the end of Zeta)
>>
>>15730337
>Of course, this does raise the question of "why did Zeon have those mines at Odessa, then?". That, I'm not sure. Possibly the asteroids they had were lacking in certain rare metals they needed, and given that there was a war on they needed speed over cost effectiveness. It takes months to years to shift an asteroid's orbit, but if you're willing to pay the price you can get material from Earth to the colonies in a week. So instead of prospecting for asteroids that had what they needed, they just took it from Earth. That's my best guess, anyway.

Locality. Easier to take over nearby mining facilities from the federation than to move giant blocks of ore from space to Earth.
>>
File: golllld.png (594KB, 836x720px) Image search: [Google]
golllld.png
594KB, 836x720px
>>15730282
>That explains a lot of it, tho now I'm wondering why Zeon needed mines on earth, if they had the asteroids?

Pardon me while I blow your mind:

ZEON WAS MINING GOLD

This is a fan theory, but it makes sense and it fits. Look at where the mines are, and look at where gold is mined. It answers why Zeon is often seen paying for things in gold goddamn bars.

>>15730338
>http://www.mining.com/meteorites-heading-to-earth-may-contain-trillions-of-diamonds/

Diamonds are intrinsically non-precious, anon. De Beers keeps them artificially scarce.
>>
>>15731115
this
diamonds are pleb: the gem
>>
>>15730602

No, the mines were her off-the-books thing. And shipping metal from space is expensive, since you need Helium-3 as fuel for everything.
>>
File: 9180-1558193230.jpg (10KB, 200x200px)
9180-1558193230.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>15731115
>Look at where the mines are,
Odessa is a salt mine.
Look it up.
>>
>>15731239

http://raregoldnuggets.com/blog/?p=1406
>Gold Mining in Ukraine is a Growing Industry
Odessa is in Ukraine. You can shut up now.
>>
>>15731492
>Odessa is in Ukraine
Yes, it is.
And the Odessa Salt Mine has been in use since ancient Rome. You can shut up now.
>>
>>15730614
>Luna II, the Federation's only remaining space base in MSG
What happened to other bases, were they destroyed at early stage of war?
>>
>>15731748
Their other "bases" were garrisons in the colonies that got destroyed during the first months of the war.
>>
>>15731748
It's possible the others, like Solomon, Pezun, and ABQ were also once feddie bases or at least neutral mining asteroids. The federation was mostly stationed at colonies
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.