[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people fell about Gundam Unicorn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Neo_zeong.jpg (1MB, 2000x2902px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_zeong.jpg
1MB, 2000x2902px
I finished the OVA's yesterday, and i thought it was awesome, though i have a hard time understanding how the Neo Zeong can teleport in time. Can somebody explain?
>>
>>15730037
The animation was good and had some decent designs, but it was shit overall with some really annoying characters and awful story.
>>
Newtype magic, don't bother trying to figure it out.

Either way, it's just another Feddie Wank series.
>>
>>15730039
yeah, i can understand that, the story was probably the worst part about it, its so forced
>>
>>15730042
yeah, there was a bunch of feddie wank in it, and tf did they rename neo zeon to sleeves, such an stupid name
>>
I feel like they killed a lot of characters just because they felt they had to
>>
File: 1464343011009.jpg (20KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1464343011009.jpg
20KB, 210x240px
>>15730039
>annoying characters
But Marida isn't annoying

What are the chances of getting a retelling or at least an alternative version? I'm sure Sunrise won't pass up a second chance to milk this cashcow again. I'm thinking along the lines of doing it a'la Zeta Gundam Define or something because there are honestly so many things that the should fix in the OVAs
>>
Unicorn underlines the stupidity of its audience (mostly nips) and shows how easy it is to fool them with good production values and nostalgia. It's of the best sold anime ever, right? God. People are so fucking stupid.

There are a lot of melodramatic moments, but the majority of them boils down to IT'S LITERALLY NOTHING AT ALL.

It's kind the same shit with Osomatsu. An average showa comedy reboot getting shit loads of attention (and sales) merely because the first episode parodied a few popular stuff that people already know about.

in climates like these, it's no wonder that no one in the industry tries to make anything different these days.
>>
What purpose did Full Frontal serve, other than just having Char present?

>>15730066
I'd say the chances are around 100%, given that they already made it into a TV anime a year ago for no good reason other than to milk it and justify more gunpla.
It was pretty good if you like watching the same scenes repeated over and over again under the pretence of being recaps to drag it out across 22 episodes.
And Marida was the exception
>>
>>15730037
The neo zeong time travel thing was basically a weird reaction when two psychoframes overload next to each other.
>>
File: 1498956497856.jpg (91KB, 682x709px)
1498956497856.jpg
91KB, 682x709px
>>15730154
>And Marida was the exception
My brethren of African descent!!

Oh but I sure hope you're right about a remake, or reimagined version of it though. RE:0096 isn't a good point though, I mean it was a desperate attempt to fill in a timeslot left by a series that allegedly bombed. I don't think it counts. There hasn't been any recent news about Gundam Unicorn as well, it's been so quiet lately.

But I can really see potential in a "different route" kind of adaptation though, something like the alternate timelines where Amuro ended up with Sayla or something. I mean, an alternate retelling in which Banana ends up with Marida is simply begging to rake in more fucking cash for Sunrise.
>>
File: newtypes.png (439KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
newtypes.png
439KB, 720x480px
ITT: No one has ever watched 0079 and fundamentally misunderstood what happened in the entirety of Unicorn

It's what I've come to expect from nu/m/ to be honest, bunch of gay faggot /a/ posters

I hope everyone in this thread dies in a housefire
>>
>>15730181
0079 is my favourite anime
I understood UC, I just thought it was shit
Neck yourself
>>
>>15730181
If anything, I thought Unicorn was great in the sense that the revelation of its 'magical McGuffin' recontextualizes the first 100 years of U.C if nothing else.

That being said, any U.C. related work that comes out afterwards with intentions to "shake it up" will have to be made with the events of Unicorn in mind, unless they're side stories (Thunderbolt). In fact, should Hathaway's Flash be animated, I'm curious how they're going to craft the story in the context of Unicorn's revelations.
>>
>>15730181
Yeah fuck you too, I liked Gundam Unicorn
>>
>>15730154
>I'd say the chances are around 100%, given that they already made it into a TV anime a year ago for no good reason other than to milk it and justify more gunpla.

no the reason was because another show was being cancelled and they had to shoe in something in that timeslot. Unicorn didn't get new GunPla other than what was already planned for last year anyway (RG SInanju).
>>
>>15730254
Was the Federation charter ever mentioned before this? Frankly, that alone was enough to change how UC can be seen.
>>
>Banaji is like Kamille but without the entertaining autistic outbursts, so he's just your usual autistic justice-obsessed Gundam MC
>Newtype magic became way too convenient for the plot. Pushing away asteroids? Try blocking colony lasers and traveling through time motherfucker as I detect a zeek bitch falling from the sky several miles away and pilot this random construction mech to catch her
>Riddhe going postal for no real (relateable) reason other than to set up a Gundam rival and only snapping out of it by killing best girl in some kind of formulaic sacrifice feels forced and pointless, screencap Riddhe is the true Riddhe in my headcanon
>how the fuck did Full Frontal die and why
>Angelo can go back to sucking dicks, these character archetypes are fucking pointless
>cheap rape backstory for Marida to make you feel extra bad for her
>old man, what's the point of having to go through a goose chase across areas ruined by war in the earth sphere just so you can unlock this fucking box, it's not like we aren't condemning war enough already
>old man, if you can control these lasers with your mind then why don't you solve your problems by yourself
>is there really a point to recontextualize entire original works with sidestories even though you know these sidestories were never a part of the original (UC) concepts
>and after Unicorn we know Late UC (F91, Victory, Crossbone) happens, so whatever massive change in the human spirit was supposedly achieved after Mineva unveils the Charter to the public fell flat on its face anyways while ending with the same message most other Gundam shows have
>in a way it's kind of ironic that it ends on practically the same note as CCA, while knowing for sure this time around that bad shit will happen in the future, in light of this I thought it'd be better to end with a more suitable message which doesn't blindly believe in a better tomorrow only to not show that tomorrow at all
>but hey, it allows Bandai to keep milking UC
>>
Banana and Mineva or should i say "Audrey!!!" drama made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>15730722
While it was a bit shallow, particularly when Riddhe did a Katajeena and just started flipping allegiances for no real reason, but it's hardly that bad by anime standards.
Hell, it's not even too bad by Gundam standards, 08th MS Team set my standards pretty low for that sort of thing with, "AINA!!!1!".
>>
>>15730629
>Was the Federation charter ever mentioned before this?
Nope.
>>
>>15730161

If Unicorn was to get a retelling it would never pair Banana up with Marida, because Marida was never a love interest for him. If there was to be a change involving her it'd probably be simply that she'd live, which she should have all along anyway. Amuro could end up with Sayla in a retelling of 0079, because they were romantically linked during the show. That never happened with Marida and Banagher.

>>15730254

I'd be more interested in how they'd recontextualize Hathaway himself, since part of the reason for his actions is that Quess haunts him and the reason she does that is that he kills her in Beltorchika's Children. Which isn't true in Char's Counterattack. Just the opposite, she pushes him out of the way of Chan's missiles and dies to save him.

>>15730769

Riddhe doesn't flip allegiances at all. He never changes sides or factions, and is always working for the Earth Federation; he's just against Banagher and Mineva during the later part of the show because they're only kind of part of the Federation but also not and working with Zeon to stop the Federation. If anyone flips, it's Banagher, not Riddhe. He also doesn't flip for no reason, he flips because he hates that Banagher is not only the kind of hopeful and independent individual he always saw himself as but realized he wasn't given that he refused to allow the box's contents to go public out of fear but that he also had Mineva's heart. He hates that Banagher is basically everything he wants to be but isn't, and Mineva choosing Banagher over him is the final straw.
>>
>>15730833
>because they were romantically linked during the show
What? When did that happen?
>>
>>15730927
There were some vague implications of Newtype UNDERSTANDING love at the very end, but they weren't properly fleshed out because of the episode count getting axed resulting in the last act getting compressed. The most obvious bit was at A Baoa Qu, with, "Amuro is calling you," implying Amuro is calling it to Sayla from the bottom of his heart with his Newtype powers.
>>
>>15730039
Nailed it, except that all of the good designs are just recycled from previous series.
>>
>>15730159
It didn't time trave though, it was this weird manifestation of the memories of the past brought to visual form.
>>
>>15730254
>I'm curious how they're going to craft the story in the context of Unicorn's revelations

What revelations? "The founders of the universal century knew newtypes were coming 100 years ago, but the knowledge was perfectly suppressed and had no effect at all"? It doesn't seem like there's much room for that to change anything.
>>
I thought it was great. The only reason people don't like Banana is because previous UC MCs like Amuro or Kamille were just that amazing. None of the characters really annoyed me much either.
>>
>>15731165
explain the metal rotting apart on the deactivated suit then (then neo-zeong).

newtype field preserved the unicorn through time travel while allowing the neo-zeong to turn to dust.
>>
>>15731288

The combined resonating psycho frame energy between the Unicorn and Neo Zeong overloads the Neo Zeong, whose only Psycho Frame is embedded into the cockpit of the Sinanju, which is the only thing that does not disintegrate.
>>
>>15731268
It probably doesn't help that Banana has no personality, and moves along at the speed of the plot, rather than having him draw the plot along.
>>
>>15731378
But Kamille is the only MC with a personality. Not even Amuro has one, he's just a dumb kid whose only saving grace is how good he becomes as a pilot.
>>
It didn't time-travel, all that shit happened in Frontal and Banana's heads. That's why you only saw the recent past and the void instead of Turn A, Wing, Reco, 00, etc. And before anyone cries about wanting alternate universes to be a thing again, Unicorn's "time travel" didn't even show F91 or Victory. It was just Frontal projecting imagery into Banana's head.
>>
What consistently blows my mind is how much difficulty /m/ has with Unicorn.

It's quite axis shocking, really.
>>
>>15731441
>Not even Amuro has one, he's just a dumb kid whose only saving grace is how good he becomes as a pilot.
That's his personality you fucking autist.
>>
I liked half of it, basically the beginning and the end. Everything in the middle felt like it dragged on forever and I will never forgive Bangerz Mash, MC supreme for not just fucking shooting some fools. At least that one based boy took his gun and used it for him.
>>
>>15730181
These people aren't from /a/, they're posting from inside the house. These are all the autists and fags who shat up /m/ over the years and chased anyone who wasn't in their secret club away to /a/.
>>
>>15730984
Was he calling to Sayla? Why? What about Fraw?
>>
>>15730833
>I'd be more interested in how they'd recontextualize Hathaway himself, since part of the reason for his actions is that Quess haunts him and the reason she does that is that he kills her in Beltorchika's Children. Which isn't true in Char's Counterattack. Just the opposite, she pushes him out of the way of Chan's missiles and dies to save him.
Wait, so Hathaway's Flash isn't actually canon to the animation?
>>
>>15731455
>Turn A, Wing, Reco, 00
Those aren't part of the same timeline though.
>>
>>15731815
But literally every pilot just gets good. By that logic, Heero has a wonderful personality because he becomes a good pilot in an instant.
>>
The action was nice
>>
>>15732038

No, it never was. It follows from Beltorchika's Children, not Char's Counterattack.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.