[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Gundam AU when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 146613.jpg (95KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
146613.jpg
95KB, 345x500px
>>
Never
>>
>>15727150
When Sunrise gets their shit together for animation quality. Not to mention getting a writer and director that aren't garbo
>>
Probably an announcement next year.
>>
>>15727265
not a chance while there is money to be made
>>
>>15727150
There's a new Build Fighters series in the works. Are you wanting more SD Gundam or something? Or are you just one of those people that doesn't understand that alternate universes went out the window back in '99?
>>
>>15727150
Eh, hopefully not for awhile. If Thunderbolt vs IBO taught me anything, it's that UC derivative works, even with extreme artistic liberties and limited runtime, will always be a lot more entertaining than any ideas some knucklehead at Sunrise has for ANOTHER AU would be.

Much as I liked Barbatos Rex's design, I really did not enjoy the show itself...
>>
File: hg-atlas-gundam (7).jpg (55KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
hg-atlas-gundam (7).jpg
55KB, 800x533px
>>15728681
>if Thunderbolt vs IBO taught me anything

Thunderbolt is basically an AU, now.
>>
>>15728681
But is that because UC has such a wealth of backstory and content that you as a fan are 'filling in' so to speak gaps in quality. Perhaps a similar reason is why the better received non-UC series tend to be the OYW derivatives or the wildly different concepts such a G or Build Fighters for the very fact they AREN'T OYW derivatives.
>>
>>15729824
It's really no different from any of the other UC side stories anon. People accept 08th MS team when above all else it's probably the most offensive clash with UC technologies and timeline of any animated side story.
>>
>>15729928
Not only that it was the first
>>
>>15729944
But War in the Pocket and Stardust Memory both came out before 08th MS.
>>
>>15729948
War in the Pocket isn't too offensive but always forget about Stardust. Fitting i suppose
>>
>>15729956
NZ and Dendro are really the only major offenders in Stardust and even then you can excuse Dendro as a precusor to Psyco Gundam systems.
>>
>>15729956
>War in the Pocket isn't too offensive
But highly overrated.

>>15727265
Also, axing or at least ignoring studio 3 post-00. Sunrise has been shit the last few years:

>AGE
>GBF
>GBF Try
>IBO
>>
>>15730164
Sunrise doesn't give a shit about TV anymore. All the money is in OVAs for them as far as Gundam goes. None of the TV even came close to Unicorn gunpla sales and Thunderbolt did shockingly well for an ONA regarding gunpla.
>>
>>15730164
GBF was good though...
>>
>>15730164
Build Fighters was amazing, kill yourself.
>>
>>15727150
After we get season 3 of Gundam SEED.
>>
>>15728640
>SEED
>00
>AGE
>Build Fighters
>IBO

You're right, there haven't been any AU Gundam series since '99.
>>
>>15730212
I'd rather they not give us more of that absolute trash.
>>
>>15730261
It's still making money to this day though. And with the recent trend of going back to old IPs to make a quick buck, a SEED (or Wing, or 00) return wouldn't be out of the unexpected.

They could even play it safe and go SEED:Re, an Origin-like take on SEED (different mechanical origins, and some added focus on the ZAFT side of the conflict instead of just the Archangel's).
>>
>>15730271
Wing earns Gunpla money purely because of the God tier suit designs though. Even Japan thinks it was weak as fuck.
>>
>>15730164
>GBF
>bad
Pick one
>>
>>15730285
>god tier designs
By which you mean Katoki's Gundam redesigns, which are literally the only things that sell and you'll never see new grunt merchandise
>>
>>15727150
Should have done more with the oni theme and combined
>>
>>15727150
Never. It is just going to be another shitty UC with a mask faggot and a teenage asshole.
>>
File: dkdyw.png (166KB, 467x354px) Image search: [Google]
dkdyw.png
166KB, 467x354px
Why are anons even asking about another AU when one just literally ended? Is it just shitposting at this point?
>>
I don't want another Setsuna gendum asshole Seiei.
>>
>>15730173
>>15730210
Fucking off autists.
>>
>>15730218
>00
>bad
t. /a/utismo
>>
File: Hiyon_Katsuragi_6.jpg (277KB, 1000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Hiyon_Katsuragi_6.jpg
277KB, 1000x1416px
>>15729910
More like because of the wealth of backstory, modern UC works tend to skip the world-building aspect since they assume the viewer is savvy enough to know what's what and when, and instead skip to the ongoing plot. They also tend to be a lot shorter with a smaller cast, and as a result, tend to have stay a lot more focused on the important aspects of the show instead of separate arcs that tend to end rather predictably anyway. It also gives a clever writer, should one be working on it, to play with the viewer's expectations in exciting ways, whereas a new Alternate Universe can't do this unless it's mimicking U.C....in which case, what's the point?

I should specify, I don't EXPLICITLY mean to imply that UC is inherently better, but rather that making a more enclosed entry in a setting that's already well-established kind of keeps things a lot more fluid and natural in the larger scheme of the narrative. I would LOVE to see an OVA taking place in the A.W. timeline just as much as I'd like to see...I dunno, Blazing Shadow or Across the Sky animated or whatever.
>>
>>15727150
There was about a year in between AGE and Awakening of the Trailblazer, so I'd say we'll see one either late 2018 or early 2019.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.