[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you like Fafner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 39

File: 048.jpg (63KB, 640x684px) Image search: [Google]
048.jpg
63KB, 640x684px
Why do you like Fafner?
>>
>>15726830
Everyone I didn't like died, so that's a plus
>>
>>15726830
Because Exodus is a modern masterpiece of unprecedented scale with insane audio direction and writing, by far the most likeable cast in any show to date and incredible visuals. However, ZA BEYONDO will look even better if the trailer is to take as a reference because holy fucking shit do Nicht and Sein finally not look eveb remotely like CGI anymore. Both mechs look absolutely stunning and blend in so incredibly well.
>>
>>15727054
Reads like pasta
>>
>>15727054
Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little suspicious of that Beyond PV being a real indication of the final product. A lot can change in however much time it takes to actually come out, and yeah the CG usage is bizarrely minimal.

Especially considering we know the script work still isn't finished yet, 6 months later. If it's a TV project that would make sense, earlier episodes might be in the can already (Exodus had footage of its first episode a year before airing after all), but if it's any other format then finalized footage with an incomplete script seems unlikely.
>>
Well thought out world building, good action and likeable characters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-GPPXeB7I

Look at the amount of detail they put into computer screens in this show.

Realize that doing all of that provides no real benefit or profit for them but THEY STILL DO THAT to make everything feel real.
>>
>>15726830
It develops the setting really well, and the large cast of characters feels developed despite a majority of them being pilots who easily could have gotten shafted by the aces. I also joined /m/ when exodus was airing, I thought I was the only one who was watching it. Thus, I am quite grateful for it's existence.
>>
It's one of the few series that explains it's setting and technology with few plot holes, and if something isn't covered immediately, the reveal when it happens is so much more satisfying.
>>
File: 053.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
053.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
BEYOND WHEN
>>
>>15727054
Exodus felt rushed if you ask me. I remember the 1st TV series when they have some inter-character development, it gives them sweet time for it to develop. Exodus has two character wants to married, granted permission from the bride's mother, getting married and the aftermath all in less than 10 minutes. I wish they expanded that arc and give the show more girth
>>
>>15727921
>Rushed

It's rushed if you don't factor in the development from DA and HaE.

That's the end of a series long arc, not an arc introduced in one series.

DA was them acknowledging their feelings, HaE was them cementing their relationship despite Sakura's handicaps, the first half of Exodus was demonstrating that they'd already pretty much become a married couple and the second half was them just putting the plunge.

We didn't need more focus in Exodus because these relationships were already established. Why the fuck waste time on ground that's alreadly covered? I was fucking grateful that Sakura and Kenji never devolved into a "will they won't they fighting over a misunderstanding" bullshit plot.

At the time of Exodus they were ALWAYS going to get married, they just needed something to kick their ass into gear
>>
>>15727921
>>15727935
With that plot point specifically, I took it to be intentionally quick, them actually getting married was to give Kiyomi some hope and let her see the ceremony while she was still around.

Looking at the whole show, toward the end it did feel like there was maybe too much content for the episode count. I think it pulled it off though, especially now that we know there's more coming.
>>
I need Beyond.
>>
>>15726830
Because it's consistently pretty damn good stuff?
>>
>>15726830
Because it lets me feel superior to the rest of the plebes on /m/.
>>
>>15726830
It's epic.
>>
>>15726830
You know, I'm not really sure. It certainly looks pretty and has somewhat of an interesting plot, but there's nothing about it that really calls out to me. It doesn't appeal much to anything I enjoy about mecha.

And yet

I still keep coming back to watch it.
>>
>>15728550
Maybe it's the validation of watching stuff that other people not only watch, but also don't give you guff for watching?

Maybe it's the opportunity to waft in the collective smugness of the Fafdom?
>>
>>15728714
I don't really give a fuck

I got some enjoyment out of G Dangaioh regardless of how bad literally everyone told me it was
>>
>>15728753
I vaguely remember the title but I don't think I ever heard anything bad about it.
>>
>>15726830
it's good?
>>
>>15729097
HE LIKES IT
>>
>>15726830
>Why do you like Fafner?
It's a hope filled show and there's something really passionate that comes through the screen and gets into your mind and draws you in and sorta collapses your will and turns you gold, I guess.

>>15728714
>the collective smugness of the Fafdom?
Barring a few Anons, like this guy >>15727054, /faf/ is pretty magnanimous.
I mostly agree with that anon bar the hyperbole.
>>
>>15726830
I really like the cast, the world is built up pretty well, the story is emotionally powerful, and it has good mechanical with gorgeous battles.
>>
>>15726830
Dunno, I like the characters, mecha design and story
>>
Is beyond going to be a movie or a whole new season?
>>
>>15726830
I want to watch the original show. Which subs are the best?
>>
Unconventional mecha design
>>
>>15726830
Great story, likeable characters, great animation and the whole product feels like a work of love from its creators.

It's a great mecha and there aren't enough of those.
>>
>>15729965
just grab the philosophy raws
>>
File: fafner-mark-nicht-01.jpg (47KB, 560x402px) Image search: [Google]
fafner-mark-nicht-01.jpg
47KB, 560x402px
Do you feel hatred /m/?
>>
>>15730397
>When your attempts to make your mechs not be easily made into toys makes people WANT THEM AS TOYS EVEN MORE

Fucking Xebec
>>
>>15730463
Never underestimate Japanese toymakers and modelers, they'd make even literal toothpicks be able to be assembled and posed.
>>
>>15730551
THEN WHY WON'T THEY RELEASE ANOTHER MARK NICHT SERIES?
>>
>>15727952
Original series was able to balance character development because they slowly killed off the cast, and used those deaths to develop the remaining. Exodus kept most people alive, and added more characters on top of that, and ended up forcing inadequate development on many characters. I mean, all you need to do is take a look at how many pilots are left alive and participating in the final battle, and then consider how many actually had a decent subplot with a decent resolution.

Mimika and Reo were both fairly wasted characters. They had a Sakura/Kenji 2.0 vibe early on, but then nothing really came of it. She orbed, but came back to life, and Reo went through no real development aside from wanting to protect her more. Sui was the only one Gen 3 with a good subplot.

Koyo coming back didn't really mean much overall except for an extra body to fight. There were practically no scenes of him reconnecting with the island or his former friends and comrades. Practically the same for Kurusu. Burns's ship was getting assimilated by Kurusu's Mir, but we don't know the outcome of that.
>>
>>15730611
Exodus feels like a bridge or a single arc rather than an entire series.
It's definitely all being set up so that Fafner can span multiple series.
>>
File: festum.jpg (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
festum.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>15730601
So you too can experience hatred.
>>
>>15730611
Do you think see-through screens like that would get distracting?
>>
>>15730644
This. Exodus was far more the start of the final storyline than an actual conclusion. It was more showing how far the conflict had developed from DA. How fast the Festum had advanced and what was needed to fight back. It's why the majority of characters who got major development died or had someone close to them die, while the major arcs for others will likely be in Beyond.
>>
>>15730864
>It was more showing how far the conflict had developed from DA. How fast the Festum had advanced and what was needed to fight back.
HaE already did that, though. Exodus just decided to do it even more because... I guess they wanted the fights to be more exciting?

Since HaE undid any thoughts about the end of DA being a resolution, Exodus just seemed to set up a possibility of coming to a resolution again, only without actually getting there
>>
>>15730901
HaE only scratched the surface and introduced elements.

Exodus actually dove into the new world structure, how humanity and Festum culture was changing even more and the actual necessity to upgrade the gear.

You seem fixated that Exodus prioritized developing the world over the characters, when it's clear that Beyond will likely be using that foundation.
>>
>>15730901
Exodus develops the setting while raising the stakes further.
We hadn't seen how most of humanity outside the islands was coping until Exodus.
I mean we knew about the NUN, but Exodus extends that image to the regular civies.
>>
>>15731512
This in DA and HaE we only ever saw the islands view of things with a bit of Nun's interaction.

Exodus actually developed how the rest of the world is doing. Too many of you don't understand that world building is the biggest priority in Fafner. It's why shit was so slow in DA at the start.
>>
>>15726830
I actually just finished watching the first 3 episodes and I have no idea why anyone would watch this. I don't even know how to put my thoughts into word. It feels as if its trying to be deep and edgy, but failing at every point, at least for me personally.
>>
File: 085.png (130KB, 466x381px) Image search: [Google]
085.png
130KB, 466x381px
>>15731719
>Fafner
>Trying to be deep and edgy

Back to Evangelion and Gurren Lagann pleb.
>>
>>15731723
Funny I felt it was trying to rip off eva and failing, but like I said only 3 episodes. Can't say I'll ever watch anymore though.
>>
File: 024.png (140KB, 354x378px) Image search: [Google]
024.png
140KB, 354x378px
>>15731731
Enjoy your shit taste. If you read this thread you'll have realized you failed the normalfag test and will forever remain an entry level mecha fan who only eats surface level shit.

Have fun on MAL and ANN.
>>
>>15731736
kek while your posting super and goblin hunter.
>>
>>15731719
>I actually just finished watching the first 3 episodes
well that's your issue.
The show starts off somewhat similarly to EVA, but really only in its premise and initial setting.
But it evolves those ideas into its own and tackles stuff that Eva never touched, like what the rest of the world was doing in response to the alien threat.
Or going into detail about not only the psychology of the characters, but the aliens as well.
>>
Edgy Evangelion clone for SEED faggots
>>
>>15731719
It was a huge slog for me to get through years ago, I remember enjoying it much more after 12 episodes where ubukata reportedly took over writing. When I revisited it before watching exodus I really liked how the first half set up some of the characters.
>>
>>15731840
Pretty much this.

The first half of the show is great world building but doesn't really endear anyone to the show with it's quality. It's basically a crucible for if you consume mecha for surface level stuff or are willing to fight a bit to acquire the taste and the good stuff
>>
>>15730329
Any way to download them that's faster than the single 300kbps seed on nyaa clones?
>>
>>15733029
https://mega.nz/#F!QMdWgZCR!kONzKxaESiY6PuCOZD9scQ!4N8EUSaI
If you don't mind a DDL then it should all be in here.
>>
>>15733072
great, thanks anon
>>
>>15731736

With an attitude like that you're not exactly endearing him to the idea of watching more of it.

Stuff that's excessively trumpeted also tends to be lacking, too, in our day and age.
>>
>>15733072
Should so many lines of subtitles be missing? Or is that a problem on my end? Around 1 in 20 lines is unsubbed.
>>
>>15733275
Change your subtitle renderer.
>>
>>15733275
>>15733299
Yeah if you're using MPC-HC adjust the settings so you're using the built-in renderer.
>>
File: I don't care.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
I don't care.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>15733122
Do whatever you want. I've been trying to get people to watch this series for year and having it passed up for trash like Eureka Seven Ao, Aquarion EVOL, and Valvrave because they look nicer.

Watch what you want, it's not my job to make you watch a good series that's flawed but is LOVED by almost everyone who gives it a real chance.
>>
So you're too good to watch the original Fafner huh? You can't stand the pacing? You can't follow the plot? The animation is literally causing your eyes to bleed every moment you look at it? The Hirai Face is just too much?
But you've been seeing those gifs and webms and videos on youtube and Exodus looks so crisp and good and all you hear are people deep throating it has the single best mecha show of the decade?
>>
>>15736208

Fine. I'm making this to give you a brief overview of the original series then. Not as a substitute but so that you you'll give Right of Left or Heaven and Earth a watch before Exodus and that eventually you'll come back to the original series you can understand what the fuck actually happened and not just have this summery for background information. Fafner is a show that lends itself well to rewatches as it makes use of the irony in the sense that you as the viewer are aware of things that the cast itself isn't very well. You see the train crashes coming and there's nothing you can do to stop them but damn are you able to see those greased rails, the cut brakes and the mishandled rotation.
So Once upon a time a 4th dimensional crystalline life form known as Mir landed on Earth, likely looking for a nice quiet place to hide from OTHER Mir, since most conversations between Mir's usually ends with one eating the other. It touches down, messes a bit with the DNA makeup of some primates and then goes the fuck to sleep.
Next came the entirety of human history. Wheels, Fire, TV, Giant Robots, Etc. One interesting pass time humanity develops is archaeology which leads to the Japanese digging up that ancient crystal alien, who remains dormant at this point. It's found in the Seto Island Sea area and is thus labeled the Seto Island Mir. Another pastime humanity develops is calling out into the darkness asking if anyone is there. Unfortunately, something finally picks up and it's not some fleet of giants who just need an idol to teach them the meaning of love or some green little men in UFOs.
>>
>>15736212
A Mir, which will be labeled as Polaris or the North Pole Mir comes crashing into the arctic circle, but not before destroying almost the entire satellite network around the Earth. Polaris proceeds to set up shop and starts to produce Festum. Think of it like this, if the Mir is a brain of a person, then Festum are all the individual cells that make up a person that do what the brain wants.
And what Polaris wants is to assimilate. Not because it's a dick or anything but because that's just how Mir/Festum logic works. Their mindset is as follows. "We are Everything. Everything is Us. Thus anything that is apart from Us must be returned to Us so that We are whole" This is why Mir's can't get along without trying to take a bite out of each other.
So Festum begin to manifest and "attacking" to assimilate people. Now Festum are dangerous because not only can they assimilate you through physical contact, but they can also do so through mental probes. The iconic "Are you There?" line you'll hear a lot in the show is basically their spot check for possible targets to attack mentally. If you respond, you'll have a Festum's entire undivided attention on you and they're very persistent once they pick a target. Along with that Festum have the ability to regenerate their bodies as long as their cores are untouched, extremely malleable bodies that can contort and reshape themselves as needed and the ability to produce miniature "worm spheres" that crush anything caught within them and assimilate them.
>>
>>15736214
So one Mir's bad enough when it can produce stuff like this right? Well, our dear Seto Island Mir has been shaking off it's sleepiness because it can feel Polaris mucking about and after observing for a bit it realizes that these poor meat creatures could use a hand. Against Polaris you think? Oh no, that's normal. A hand against the fact that they keep splitting off and dividing into more and more meat creatures. How horrible! They just can't seem to remain a single entity. It's a good thing that the Seto Island Mir is here to help as it begins to emit particles that sterilize all life located within Japan. If you thought the birth rates were bad before, well a whopping 0% birthrate is a whole lot worse.
The other countries of the world are freaking out at this point. Horrible aliens that require nukes to kill keep appearing and a plague that might just wipe out all life on the planet is emerging in Japan. So once the Festum begin to appear more and more frequently within the Japan than anywhere else (as the Festum are pursuing the Seto island Mir so Polaris can take it out as a bite to eat for dinner) the decision becomes obvious.
Nuke Japan. Not just nuke it but wipe the entire island off the map. And they do it because doing otherwise isn't logical or pragmatic, especially when countries have been nuking themselves just as a way to stop Festum rampaging in their own boarders. So Japan gets almost entirely wiped out and a defacto "ban" on interacting with them is put in place in case the sterility is contagious.
>>
>>15736217
The survivors of Japan rather than give up, instead begin a last ditch effort to survive. Using what resources remain they build 3 floating Island ships equipped with the most advanced cloaking technology possible, able to hide from both humanity and Festum. These islands are known as Tatsumiya, Horai and Wadtsumi. For the series we'll be following the island of Tatsumiya. Another small detail to remember is that as the world went to shit other countries began doing similar and building their own islands.
An important detail about the 3 islands though is that the Seto Island Mir is split into 3 fragments and each island is given one before they depart. As the Seto Island Mir had decided to back off a bit with it's help after Japan was destroyed. Instead choosing to observe the situation once more. Also to note that to replace their diminishing numbers the Japanese have begun using artificial uterus to birth children, preforming genetic experimentation in hopes of creating children with better abilities to resist Festum attacks.
Now the Festum's mental attacks are almost ALWAYS a guaranteed kill at this point and only the fact that they have to focus on a target using mental assimilation has kept them from just eating entire cities all at once with them. Thus development of a mobile weapon known as the titular Fafner begins. The one defining trait of these machines is that they actually have Festum Cores inside them, produced by Tatsumiya island Mir. These cores are discovered to actually function as shielding for the pilot from mental probes, forcing Festum to engage in direct attempts to assimilate to fight them.
>>
>>15736221
This is pretty good but just for future reference it's "Seto Inland Sea", not island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seto_Inland_Sea
>>
>>15736257
Okay, I'll fix that next time when I get more time to fill it out.

I only started it because I kept getting people who just won't fucking sit down for DA for the above reasons.

Like Christ, people have sat through plenty of worse shit.
>>
>>15736208
Bunch of wasted effort here. If I wasn't able to stomach the original, then I certainly wouldn't have found the sequels to be any better. They have more exciting action scenes and shit, but the writing is largely consistent and that's the biggest make or break factor for the show. The way most things in Fafner apart from the action scenes are muted and understated (to the point of being obtuse sometimes) makes for a good intellectual wankfest, but it doesn't make for the most entertaining show, and whether a person can tolerate this is what determines whether they'll like Fafner.

And that's kind of why I'm just lukewarm to it. It tells an interesting story, but not in a fashion that makes me very interested in following the story
>>
>>15736299
How much have you seen? Everything else aside the cast is what really tends to grow on people as it goes on.

A lot of anons tend to be slightly overzealous in defending every aspect of the series, but it really does have its merits.
>>
>>15736299
It cuts both ways, people will repeatedly dismiss things as trash or trainwreck if it fails to treat its subject matter with some critical mass of respect and seriousness, no matter the actual quality of the work itself.

Which is why I really think the fop who posted >>15733372 is just that, a fop.
>>
>>15736311
I've seen it all, and honestly I do think the cast is the least enjoyable aspect of it. This again comes from how downplayed their personalities are. They do have more going on than the average mecha cast, but emote somewhat less than average on the whole (with obvious exceptions like the Goubain people)

They behave too realistically, in other words, and realistic behavior is bad at keeping me invested
>>
File: 015.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>15736317
Whatever floats your boat dude. You enjoy what you like. If I can get at least one person to give the series a chance with my text I don't mind. I'm doing this more for me too, so that I don't have to constantly summarize the series to friends. You do you bro.
>>
>>15736317
Everything else aside the cast is what really tends to grow on people as it goes on.

Wait, do you mean the cast is unlikeable or that if you don't like them in the beginning you will never like them?
Do people really dislike the cast? Personally I think the characters and drama are great.
>>
>>15738378
If you mean >>15736311
I meant the characters are the part that people tend to eventually like the most, even if they still don't like the designs and animation and such.

I'm sure there are plenty of people like >>15736379 though, which sounds reasonable.
>>
>>15738388
Whoops, sorry, that's what I meant.
And thanks for the answer, I was really confused there for a second.

For some reason, I even came to like Hirais designs after a while. Maybe I just got used to it, or maybe it's the fluffy hair.
>>
File: Youko.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Youko.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>15738399
For me it's the lips
>>
File: zero morning stretches.jpg (556KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zero morning stretches.jpg
556KB, 1280x720px
Zero is best
>>
>>15738405
Oh, I like the lips, too! I generally like how the mouths are pretty realistic, like, they never get comically big and everyone has a cute smile!
>>
File: Heal Slut.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Heal Slut.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is it webm dump time?
>>
>>15736379
>They behave too realistically that makes it hard to be invested

Man, I must watch too much mecha because having a cast who act like real human beings instead of just overdramatic puppets is such a hook for me

Parents that love their kids? Kids maturing into adults? A female protagonist realizing that she's chasing gay dick and resigning herself to never getting it but being unable to move on?
>>
>>15738738
I'd agree with you if that was the only way to put it, but my preference for mecha cast behavior is far closer to Mazinger than it is Gundam

Man, Fafner with every character as a 70s stereotype would be a sight to behold
>>
File: BeyondReo.png (783KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BeyondReo.png
783KB, 1280x720px
>>15738747
If Reo's new hair is any indication we might be getting there.
>>
I love cast in this show. I mean, I love pretty much everything about it. But especially cast. Especially adult cast. How they actually care and love children. How they cope with children having to fight and die on their behalf.
My absolutely favorite moment in the whole franchise? Scene in Exodus where Fumihiko and Chizuru visit parents of the 3rd gen pilots and tell them that it is time. Even scenes where you can hear Maya's heart breaking again and again weren't THAT emotional.
Also, Zero Fafner is pure sex.
>>
>>15738765
Oh hey, I didn't know Hirai was still working on s-CRY-ed
>>
>>15738765
>Reo became a manga protagonist for Mimika
>Kenji forced himself to gain a DADBOD for Sakura
>>
>>15738845
>Sui grew his hair out for Rina's lez side
>>
>>15738765
Please Reo, I need you to deliver the CHUUNI that Soushi no longer can
>>
File: IMG_1214.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1214.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>15740936
I'm still in denial over this.
>>
>>15730701
After a while you start to focus on the information you're supposed to be looking into
>>
File: 231.jpg (76KB, 577x414px) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
76KB, 577x414px
>>15730551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciF3PLHUpQc
>>
>>15741092
Seriously though, his VA did AMAZING work.
>>
>>15742114
He did! I wonder why he's not more popular? Or I am just watching the wrong shows?
The VA will stay the same for Soushi2, though, right? You kinda make it sound like he died with Soushi
>>
>>15742293
A good portion of the Fafner cast aren't traditional VAs. More of them being actual stage actors and such. It's more common in the original cast than the people brought on.

Like the main trio of Maya, Soushi and Kazuki are ALL artsy types than most other VAs.

Which is why I think their performances are so unique.
>>
>>15742114
>>15742293
He's definitely coming back. Supposedly at the event back when The Beyond was announced a lot of the cast had a big fakeout send-off for Soushi's VA, right before announcing he'd be returning.

We don't know if Soushi2 will have that chuuni side though. He just looks angry in all we've seen.
>>
>>15742306
Remember: Kazuki's VA was offered a role in Tales of. A series at the time where a VA would only ever voice one character.

And he asked to be a fucking Dog
>>
>>15742306
That's actually unexpected, because whenever I watch japanese TV or stage plays everyone acts horribly fake... but I guess there are exceptions.

>>15742316
Wasn't the chuuni behavior because of Nichts influence? So whoever gets to pilot him next (I guess it'll be Soushi2) hopefully behaves like that, too.
>>
>>15742378
Sorry for double post but holy shit. He sounds awesome. What dog did he voice? And do you have a source to the info that he specifically asked for that role? I'd like to know his reasoning behind this.
>>
>>15742392
>Wasn't the chuuni behavior because of Nichts influence?
I don't think so, he's always been naturally aggressive when it comes to dealing with Festum, think about most of his scenes when he was captured near the end of DA.

Plus I always took it as him overcompensating a little finally being able to pilot after so many years behind the scenes. Even in combat Soushi is awkward in his own way.
>>
>>15742403
http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Repede
The story itself is one that was translated from japanese years ago that I never saved.
>>
>>15738738
>Parents that love their kids?
Aside from one particular pair, of course.

>>15742378
Reminds me of when Kenichi Ogata voiced a dog once.
>>
>>15743426
Thanks! I can only find threads saying he was offered the role and that he often acts as dogs. So if anybody remembers where this story comes from (magazine interview, radio show etc) please hit me up.
>>
>>
File: 800px-Raphael_(Argos).png (446KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Raphael_(Argos).png
446KB, 800x450px
>>15743481
God damn, thanks for reminding me about Koyou's parents. It really made me mad when they tried to take him off life support after being partially assimilated.
>>
>>15742316
Wasn't there one time when Kazuki's VA showed up to a press event dressed up in a poorly-made Festum costume? With golden streamers and everything?
>>
>>15749203
Yep
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDXx8L5B-CY

>;_;
>>
>>15749195
What I want to know is who the fuck they thought they were impressing. Pretty much the entire rest of the island as far as we see sees it as a terrible thing while they're acting like they get some sort of prestige and respect from it.
>>
>>15742293
You might be, because I hear him relatively often these days. He plays the main character in Active Raid and Aquarion Logos, and he's currently the MC of 18if airing right now for a less /m/-related show. He's definitely got the hot blood in him for an older Reo.
>>
>>15750360
There was some dialogue with them about having a pilot kid boosting their status, and even that Youko was somehow "downgraded" after Shouko died. There weren't any tangible effects from this we could see though, and it seems pretty counter to the softhearted management we know the island has.

May be one of those things that got quietly dropped before Ubukata took over. Albericht and all that has never been very relevant since.
>>
>>15750371
They're talking about Soushi's VA there, who hasn't been in much else besides Ippo.

Reo's is definitely a rising star though, he was Iok in IBO too. Everybody's favorite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cMqPFtu74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2OKKppPnLY

I LOVE this soundtrack...

I miss you Mimika-chan!!!
>>
>>15750376
I think the reason why people talked negatively about Shouko (and in extension also Youko I guess) was because Soushi talked shit about her or something so everybody would see her sacrifice as a bad thing, so that nobody would imitate it or expect the pilots to sacrifice themselves.
>>
>>15750376
Albericht's main staff was apparently centered on the Alvis island that is still MIA. Considering they were focused on Festum research and the genetic engineering stuff I could imagine things turning out really bad on that front. NUNs having killed them all is probably the best case scenario.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAPe9RqZKHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JB3183Ak1c

more good fafner music!
>>
Man, thinking about dat reactivation sequence and then later that fukken 'reentry'

The hype.
>>
>>15750414
mimika should have stayed a ball
>>
>>15749203
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JaNr-qJ_wr0
I love this man.
>>
>>15726862
But on the flip side, almost everyone I liked died too.
I'm so conflicted
fuck you fafner
>>
File: Crying Rice.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Rice.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>15727634
This is what love for a series looks like
>>
>>15727913
8 more years anon
>>
>>15753817
It makes me so happy that the people working on this series love Fafner so much.
Yesterday I met Ubukata because he was promoting Ghost in the Shell at a convention. Originally the management forbid them from signing anything not to do with Ghost, but he made an exception because I was cosplaying from Fafner and he wanted to take pictures
>>
>>15753842
Next time be sure to shake him down for Beyond info.

Or just ask what the fuck "Dead Aggressor" actually means.
>>
>>15753856
Just a few days ago it was said on twitter that he's not allowed to talk about Beyond and I didn't want to put him in a tough spot.

>Or just ask what the fuck "Dead Aggressor" actually means.
I was always pretty satisfied with the explanation on the Fafner wiki about the title.
http://wikiwiki.jp/fafner/?FAQ#b24c535a
>>
>>15753917
How surprised was he to see a Fafner fan anyway? I can't imagine it's common at any events outside Japan.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlVXO2xU2iU
>>
>>15753948
It is very rare, sadly.
While he looked composed the whole time, he seemed very excited, because he made a lot of exceptions that the management actually forbid (they were very strict, like, if you even took one step too far in the line they would tell you to go back and they constantly said that they would end the panel on time, even if there were still people waiting for an autograph). So he stayed back after the panel ended because he wanted to take more pictures and to sign my Fafner book, which was both a no go because of licensing and time constraints.
He also told me to be careful not to smear the illustration of Kazuki and Soushi inside with his autograph.
>>
>>15754099
That's awesome Anon. He seems like a pretty cool guy, (alleged) wife "correcting" aside.
Sorry for off topic, but is there any new Arise content coming? That'd be sweet tbqh, I know it's pretty polarizing, but I liked it a ton.

Post your Fafner duds, Anon.
>>
>>15753802
>That sentai pose he strikes in the elevator.

He looks like he's having so much fun.
>>
>>15754355
Not that I know of. They were here to promote it because it just now got released in my country. In fact, for some of the questions they even said they couldn't quite remember why they did some things, so I doubt they are working on it at the moment.

Sorry, but what does duds mean?
>>
>>15754417
He's asking you to show your costume/Fafner-related merchandise.
>>
>>15754417
>duds
The outfit you wore.
>>
File: IMG_1378.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1378.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>15754355
>>15754423
>>15754425
I see, thanks!
Please no bully I really rushed the costume
>>
>>15754451
Hey, that's a good Alvis uniform. You did good, anon.
>>
>>15754451
Hell of a lot better than I could do.
Nice.
>>
>>15753917
This is pretty much what I thought it meant.
>>
What did /fafner/ think of Infinite Ryvius
>>
>>15755424
I could never get past 3 episodes of ryvius, reception seems pretty lukewarm for it, and I'm willing to give it a second chance. The old me did not have an eye for attention.
>>
>>15754451

You have cute little hands.
>>
>>15746123
I've just watched this episode for the first time and why did it have to be this way ;_;

because I can't remember how to do it on mobile
!!!SPOILER!!!
Did anyone notice her final weight was the weight of the soul? That's such a small detail but I love how there are so many in this series
>>
>>15755461
>2011+6
>not even knowing how to use the spoiler tag
>2011+6
>posting form your phone
I guess it is only normal now.
>>
>>15755461
Yes! I love how they incorporate science into the setting, like with the R-complex and making Fafners kinda reptile looking to reference it.
Just put spoiler in these brackets []

>>15754541
>>15754541
>>15755434
Aw, thanks!
My palms are kinda small for my height but people usually only laugh at the tiny fists I make so thanks!
>>
>>15726830
>Why do you like Fafner?

I like seeing Humanity suffer.
>>
>>15750376
>There was some dialogue with them about having a pilot kid boosting their status, and even that Youko was somehow "downgraded" after Shouko died. There weren't any tangible effects from this we could see though, and it seems pretty counter to the softhearted management we know the island has.
I'm currently rewatching the original series. Koyo's parents said that raising a pilot candidate was the condition for their participation in the Alvis project, and the same was true for Youko. So I guess they were happy that Koyo got chosen because they thought that would ensure they would get another candidate to raise and could stay on the island for the next 15 years. They outright state that they don't care about what happens to Koyo as long as he's a success.
>>
>>15755506
I like how in contrast to most anime, Fafner goes to other countries and looks at how people live/deal with the Festum invasion there to varying degrees of success, without the overtone of "my poor Nihon".

As a Pajeet I was surprised/delighted when they went to India (technically Kashmir).
That and Bose is a Bengali surname, so having the oldest Fafner pilot in the show possibly being of Indian descent was cool too.
>>
>>15755800
"Poor Nihon" was nuked to shits in Fafner. There's barely any japs left in the world. And those that are left (well, adults) are fucking sterile. Fafner is hilariously brutal to humanity. Dog bless Ubukata.
Also poo in the fucking loo.
>>
>>15755469
Summer is finally here
>>
>>15755811
I get that, but some shows (looking at you Valvrave and Code Geass) paint the rest of the world as hilariously discriminative towards the Japanese. Hester and the U.N. may have overreacted to the sterility plague in Japan, but their own countries were being fucked by the Festum as well. Even then, Hester in Exodus is only doing what she thinks is the only way to survive for humanity, no matter how brutal that path may be. The show could have become "Japan pandering" very early on, but thanks to good directing it's averted that completely.

also we will be a superpower by 2030 i guarantee it
>>
>>15755469
>posting form your phone
Phone posting is literally what youre forced to do nowadays. Modding has been retarded since moot sold the website and if you run a VPN (which I for example do) youre forced to either phonepost or shill out money for a 4chanpass (which I unironically did).
>>
>>15755983
Yeah but as we quickly find out in Geass everyone gets hit by ultra racism when they're being colonized by Brittanians, because by Tanny logic if you weren't strong enough to not get buttfucked by them then you deserve to be reduced to a number. And to be fair last I checked the Japanese were kinda dicks and asking to suffer for hubris by trying to monopolize sakuradite or some shit. Then in Valvrave it's really just for audience convenience sake that we largely follow a cast of kids who likely hail from the moonland chunk of the JIOR political entity, considering naming styles prevalent. The discrimination is on an entirely different axis, initially belittling the kids for being kids trying to play at adults when you get down to it and then expanding into crass xenophobic fearmongering due to factors entirely other than ethnicity.

Just saying.

But trying to insinuate something between how Okouchi does it vs how Ubukata does it sorta glosses over their inherent stylistic differences for the sake of elevating one or denigrating the other.
>>
>>15755983
>Valvrave and Geass
That's Okouchi. Ubukata is a tad bit different.
Also every human side in Fafner uses hilariously dangerous Festum-powered weapons. Especially Salvators.
>>
Also what's the difference between "blessed" (like Kazuki and Soushi) and Master-type Festum?
>>
>>15755430
Ryvius takes a while to get going. I didn't really get into it till about episode 8-10. The payoff was worth the setup though.
>>
File: E24.png (2MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
E24.png
2MB, 1280x1440px
>>15756268
We don't really know, but they do seem pretty much comparable to Master and Slave-types. I'd consider Kazuki basically a Master-Type, thanks to the exchange here. "Entrusting his heart" to the Mir would mean losing his personality, but he can also choose to stay an individual connected to the Mir, which he does.

I tend to think a lot of that is just flowery language in place of the actual terminology. Like Sein and Nicht's existence and nothingness, people take that at face value but at the end of the day it's more thematic than anything.
>>
>>15756355
So Kazuki is an ayy now? That can lose his free will any moment now?
Holy fuck Hester was right rev up the Salvators.
>>
>>15755983
>>15755983
I think I get what you mean. As an island of course Japan is somewhat isolated from the rest of the evil world, and while in Fafner the same is true in the beginning for Alvis, they also show that being ignorant of the outside world isn't a viable option and Exodus also finally shows that not everyone outside of Alvis is evil.
Also the NUN doesn't only nuke Japan/Alvis, but even their own allies.
>>
File: Fafner World.jpg (540KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fafner World.jpg
540KB, 1280x720px
>>15755811
Look at this map Anon.
WHO HASN'T BEEN NUKED TO SHIT?
>>
>>15756503
Well, or Worm'd.
>>
>>15756503
I wonder how fucked up the climate in that world is with all those big chunks of land just missing.
>>
File: 1501933801901.jpg (64KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501933801901.jpg
64KB, 800x450px
>>15756503
>all thats left of Europe is the fucking spics
Really
>>
>>15756503
How funny, my country seems unscratched on that pic.
>>
>>15756727
Mine too.
>>
>>15756503
Shouldn't nuclear winter be a thing with how many were seemingly used?
>>
>>15756955
These holes are not from nukes. These are the results of GIGANTIC worm spheres afaik.
>>
>>15756001
Just use 4chan X and Recaptcha v1.
>>
>>15756955
>>15756957
Yeah we're just presented the map as-is, and what we know the setting's history from the timeline. Either way it's 40+ years of war with aliens in a setting that's already in the 22nd century. We can probably assume a healthy mix of all kinds of damage.
>>
Yes, it's legitimately one of my favorite mecha series. I just wish the first season isn't so poorly animated.
>>
>>15756972
You cant get around the IP range ban for VPNs by using a script Anon. Ive been using v1 captcha and 4chanx since forever.
>>
>>15756503
>
Man, Australia always gets a chunk blown out of it in mecha shows, huh?
>>
>>15756503
>Post apocalyptic future where much of Earth's landmass is destroyed or infested.
>Florida remains largely unscathed, not even Festum want to go there.
>>
>>15756998
You lost to emus.
Your country has no right to exist.
>>
>>15755506

>bullying someone over something so cute

That sounds like a dick move.
>>
>>15757008
How fucked would the Fafnerverse be if Emu Festums showed up?
>>
>>15756727
>>15756916
Now I'm kinda curios where everyone is from.

>>15757026
Please don't make me blush, Anon. But thank you for being so sweet.
>>
>>15757229
Well, the Leviathan-type are assimilated whales, so imagine the hellscape Austraila would be with golding birds that could disembowl a mech with a kick and assimilate it, or if you just see it will telepathically eat you.
>>
>>15757544
Is this one of those obscure official text only revelations or just conjecture on your part? I'd sooner believe they just happen to look that way, or the Festum imitated something proven to function well underwater.
>>
BECAUSE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL AND MOVING SERIES I ALMOST WROTE OFF AS LOL EVA CLONE WHILE WATCHING IT DRUNK, BUT I QUICKLY BECAME ENAMORED WITH IT AND WENT ON A MAGICAL JOURNEY LIVEBLOGGING MY EXPERIENCE WITH YOU NERDS

I WANT TO MARRY SOUSHI!

BEYOND WHEN!
>>
>>15757552
Just conjecture, but since we know Festum can survive in the ocean post RoL, and the fact that Leviathans look like whales before their faces split open, it's not too far of a stretch to say that the Festum ate the whales.
>>
>>15757582
This opens a whole crazy can of worms if you really think about it.

>they try the same with dolphins but they're to intelligent for assimilation and become an army of Slave-Types
>>
>>15757565
Are you the liveblogging Anon from last year or something that always excitedly wrote in capslock and got tricked into watching the beginning of Exodus S2 just before exams? Because your threads were a lot of fun.

Also please let's have a double wedding because I want to marry Kazuki.

>>15757606
First all the missing land, now missing sealife and animals, too? How does that world even still work? What do humans eat?
>>
>>15757661
Well, Alvis-class submarines are advanced enough to have hydroponics and has fisheries (Mimika's mother is a fisherwoman). Since most of humanity now lives in concentrated N.U.N.- run cities I'm sure they have farming districts to keep up with the food demands.
>>
>>15757606
You know what's scary? Festum can assimilate through mental links with sapient creatures right? Whales and dolphins are considered sapient creatures. What about the other animal species on Earth that can think for themselves as individuals?
>>
>>15757715
I know some people complain about the beginning of Fafner being too slow, but I'd really like to see more of the everyday life on Alvis, and of course outside. Like, how much resources does Alvis have that they can afford to still produce unimportant stuff like Soda and candy (in colorful wrappers no less!).
>>
>>15757730
Yeah thanks to this I can only assume they would ignore the vast majority of animals. No way a cow or something would respond to their probing.

I almost would like to see that addressed with dolphins though now.
>>
>>15757754
The scale of production really must be insane when you think about it. This is an island with hundreds of people, and enough clothing and food and paper and everything else to simulate normal life for decades by itself. But at least Alvis' Main Boat is large enough that it's really not hard to suspend your disbelief.
>>
>>15757756
But can't they also assimilate through contact? Or do they always have to get inside the heads of their victims?
>>
>>15757768
Yeah, and iirc they also have several islands outside the one where the kids live, where all the adults work and likely have all the factories set up.
I just really liked that Mamorus father was a mangaka and would also like to get to know the guy that's designing candy wrappers during an alien invasion for example.
>>
>>15757661
Yes, that was me and it's one of my favorite anime experiences. Though, the pain train at season 1's third act and the constant pain train that is Exodus still fucks me up. Fucking Hiroto, you goddamn MONSTERS

Also yes that would be wonderful, both boys deserve happiness.
>>
>>15757730
It's probably background noise up to a certain level of behavioral complexity.

Besides aren't humans closer to the Festum ecology than other life on earth anyway due to backstory fluff?
>>
>>15757770
Sure, they can. But from their perspective it's probably the same as when part of a building or something gets assimilated in a Worm Sphere, just incidental.

Remember they're pretty stupid, if something isn't responding to them they wouldn't register it as life to be assimilated.
>>
>>15757780
Glad to see you're still here and still suffering!
Hirotos death made me so mad...and after that everytime Akira cried, I had to cry, too

Great, looking forward to it!

>>15757781
>Besides aren't humans closer to the Festum ecology than other life on earth anyway due to backstory fluff?
You just now made me realize that this may be the reason why Festum want to assimilate humans in the first place (and not animals) because they share their genes to some extent, and I feel stupid.
>>
File: .jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>15757780
Glad to see you're doing good Anon. I still don't regret making you watch Season 2's first episode right before your finals.
>>
>>15757768
Don't forget that they replaced the ENTIRE L Boat after RoL. Candy wrappers and soda is one thing, but the entire port section of the submarine? There has to be some seriously high-powered construction equipment on board. They might even get help from the Mir to gather resources from the seabed.
>>
>>15757803
I held on until the bus scene. Walter and Hiroto comforting Akira in death, saying that it was okay, while Akira breaks down at the sight of them broke me.
>>
>>15757965
Now that you mention that, let's not forget the Fafners themselves either. Which are massive even by some mecha standards, and in some cases entirely replaced or rebuilt incredibly fast. The Alvis ships really are amazing.
>>
>>15758017
Eh, when you hit the tech level needed to support the very premise of an island ship let alone multiples of them you're at the least on post-scarcity levels, if not "I'd be a space opera if only I could get into space."

At the very least I'd love to hear they've succeeded at making vat meat. Vat meat is totally the way of the future, guys.
>>
>>15726830

One of the few mecha shows where anyone can die, and that each death has significance and impact on the rest of the cast. The world doesn't fuck around with the consequence and price of peace; whereas most other mecha shows trivialize a lot of it.

Dead Aggressor was amazing in that regard. Exodus still had it prominent, though nowhere near the price of which Dead Aggressor asked from the cast (excluding Kazuki and Soushi). I can't wait for the final part of the story. Plus the mecha are pretty cool, and the Festum are legitimately scary in context. Being able to fire localized blackholes in weaponized form is terrifying.
>>
>>15758993
The worst part is the black holes are their basic attack. They can do FAR worse things to you, and it doesn't have to stop at your death. Humans don't assimilate well, and given how Nicht is haunted by the souls of those it assimilated, post-assimilation death doesn't seem like a nice place to be.
>>
>>15757803
Humanity is like a distant relative of the festum since a Mir uplifted them when it fell down on earth millions of years ago, I think this is also why humans can fight against the festum and even become hybrids like Kazuki and Kouyo
>>
>>15756377
He can only lose his mind if he chooses to and even then the Mir will simply use his body to defend everyone on the island if he does that, though now I doubt he would be as willing to die since he has a mission as the guardian of the island until they can actually talk to Altair
>>
>>15759467
I think the kids have even more Festum genes because the adults wanted to make them more resilient to Festum attacks.

>>15759471
He also has little Soushi. I doubt he'd leave him behind if not absolutely necessary.
>>
When the F*CK are we getting that new OVA/Movie/Series?
>>
>>15759950

The BEYOND trailer was just something they wipped together using models and character designs they had ready.
>>
>>15759950
Dude, Exodus took YEARS. And it turned out gorgeous. Let the production team take their time, it's not like /m/'s going anywhere given the state of the board lately.
>>
File: 1469694681957.gif (902KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1469694681957.gif
902KB, 384x288px
>been watching too much 80's/90's mecha lately
>try to balance it out with some new millennium shit
>remember I still have to watch SEED to complete my Gundam repertoire
>10 episodes in and already regretting it

Help me lads, should start watching Fafner or go with Majestic Prince instead?
>>
>>15760005
Both are good, depends on what you're in the mood for. Fafner takes a bit to get going and can be pretty dark, but is probably more worth it in the end. MJP is good fun if you're feeling like something lighter though.
>>
>>15760005
Just please don't compare Fafner to SEED because of the character designs, most of my friends refuse to watch it because of that and it makes me sad.
I'd recommend MJP for more lighthearted but fun action series, and Fafner for its great world building character drama.
>>
>>15760005
Fafner if you want to cry for the characters. MJP if you want to laugh with the characters.
>>
I like Fafner but always feel like I'm missing something about the mystic philosophical stuff.
>>
>>15759987
>And it turned out gorgeous
While I love what Exodus looked like, I wouldnt go as far as to call it gorgeous. There were still a lot of issues in regards to the CGI not blending in well enough. However, the ZA BEYONDO teaser gives me hope. Sein actually looks incredible in it. If thats refined, reworked and improved CGI, then the new feature (whether its a movie or tv show) will look absolutely bonkers.
>>
>>15760145
I'm 90% sure the Beyond PV was all traditional animation, aside from maybe some of the cockpit shots and mechanical details like that. Which honestly just makes me think it's more of a proof of concept than finalized footage.
>>
>>15760150
Yeah, some time ago it was stated that the script is only about halfway done and that Ubukata wasn't sure if they can show something new for Soushis Birthday event, so they're definitely not far along.
>>
>>15760150
Or maybe its proof for Xebec to have perfected CGI animation? One can only hope. I sure want to believe.
>>
>>15760158
If it's a movie, it might come out next year as Zwei is somewhat isolated from the main Xebec studio. If it's a TV series then 2019/2020 at the bare minimum as they would need help from the main Xebec studio which will be busy with FMP until sometime in 2019.
>>
>>15761518
Also Habara is working on 2202.
>>
>>15761518
>More Fafner
>More FMP
>from the same studio
This is this oddest timeline.
>Netflix backed and funded Devilman that looks fucking awesome
Truly the oddest.
>>
File: 1483362229382.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483362229382.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
Post your favorite moments from the series as a whole before thread dies.
>>
>>15762577
I've watched almost a thousand shows/movies in total I still think this entire sequence is my absolute favourite. Not just in Exodus but in general. This basically had buildup ever since e1 of DA.
>>
File: DA18.png (611KB, 951x720px) Image search: [Google]
DA18.png
611KB, 951x720px
>>15762577
Won't this just kill the thread faster?

But still, this entire sequence is what made me start to love the series.
>>
I don't know about you guys, but I liked Dead Aggressor from the start. I'm surprised that people seem to only really get into the show after the writer swap.
>>
>>15762694
Same. We're a rare breed. I think it's too slow/too evangelioneqsue for a lot of the low interest audience
>>
File: The boys are back.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The boys are back.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>15762577
This shit right here.
>>>/wsg/1821233 (Dead)
Obviously Episode 9, 13, Maya REMOVING NUNs, then DA 16, 25, & 26.
But really, this shit right here.

>>15762694
>>15762706
I don't think this opinion is that uncommon, I'd throw down a gauntlet and say that the majority of /faf/ would agree, but it's just a piece of info that gets tossed about so much to help newer viewers it's kinda taken as policy.

fugg
>>
File: h&e soushi room.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
h&e soushi room.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>15762694
>he later got a second picture for his room because Kazuki teased him about having only one
>>
File: IMG_1382.png (130KB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.png
130KB, 430x242px
>>15762577
This scene alway gets me because it seems like Kazuki isn't even listening to Soushi and is just so happy to have him (and his eyesight) back.
I don't care if they are gay or whatever, I just really love their relationship.

>>15761518
I don't know much about the workings of anime studios so sorry if this is a stupid question: why do they need help from the main studio? Because they need more people or is there another reason?
>>
>>15762577
Pretty much all the scenes with Mark Nicht in Exodus
>>
File: Worms.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Worms.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>15762786
TOBAYY LMAO
>>
File: 1468370338204.png (37KB, 354x234px) Image search: [Google]
1468370338204.png
37KB, 354x234px
>>15760015
>>15760038
>>15760071
>being this late to reply

Working is a meme.

Anyway, thanks for the tips my men, I just finished watching Dai-Guard so I'll keep riding the happy train and watch Majestic Prince. I will get around to Fafner though I can promise you that.
>>
>>15762577
I always expected Kouyou to come back again since you saw his core teleport away in H&E but seeing it happen at this point in Exodus and him actually getting a body that time was so hype.
>>
>>15762827
>core teleport away in H&E
>tfw I was the one that first noticed that
Feels autistic man
>>
>>15762837
>You were the one who first noticed that
Whaddya talking about? I noticed that the first I watched the movie back when it had those awful cancer subs that made no sense
>>
>>15762694
Yeah, I did too. But it's a bit hard to really appreciate DA's beginning without full context of the series/without doing a rewatch, so I think the slow burn of the early episodes can feel like something to slog through before getting to the "good parts" of Fafner.
>>
>>15762823
When you do please come back and share your experience. I always love those live watching threads or whatever you call them.
>>
>>15762694
I love him so much.
>>
>>15762915
I think this is probably the important part. I don't know about anyone else, but I never DISliked early DA, but it really is hard to overstate just how much the series re-contextualizes itself as it goes along. For me there was a pretty clear "Oh, I didn't realize I cared about these characters so much" moment that made me appreciate the earlier material building up to that point.

Now as a fan of the entire series I can watch basically any scene of any episode and enjoy it and also despair knowing these characters and what will happen to them.
>>
>>15762963
>made me appreciate the earlier material building up to that point.
I think this is why Fafner is kind of a slow burn in the beginning. It seems like just another teenager falls into cockpit series, but as it goes on you realize there's just so much more to it. And then when you rewatch it you realize it's always been there.
What I love about Fafner is that plot twists or big revelations don't seem like total asspulls but have been carefully set up prior to something happening.
>>
>>15762744
They need more people essentially as quality anime takes an ungodly amount of time. A high quality episode takes about 8 months or more to animate although you can reduce that number by just throwing bodies at a show but it becomes messier/uglier as a consequence.
>>
>>15762730
When I watched that for the first time, I got chills as the choir started to sing as Mk. Nicht rose from the ground.
>>
>>15762963
What made me realize I cared about the characters was Mamoru's death. That and his parents reactions. Then his mom got killed an episode later and his father turned into an alcoholic. That got too real for me.
>>
>>15763817
I thought it would have been interesting if they had shown a bit of a PTSD effect on Kenji after he got to see his bloody mangled pod up close, although I guess it did have some effect on how he chose to become a doctor
>>
>>15762694
I mean my opinion of the first half greatly improved the more I thought about it, but I don't think the writing hits full stride until that halfway point. I'm still very critical of how Shoko was handled in the beginning. I also don't think Kazuki or Soushi were captivating main characters in the beginning either, your pic's scene is also after the half where the writing for the two greatly improves as well.
>>
File: 051.jpg (101KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
051.jpg
101KB, 854x480px
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
Goodbye /faf/
>>
http://fafner-beyond.jp/
Kazuki birthday event next month.

Here we go again, another cycle of endless events teasing more events and maybe some news.
>>
>>15768071
Thanks for the heads up. Now I'll religiously check their website everyday for infos on that special program.
>>
>>15770655
>>
>>15742392
>>15742421
He does get a little evil/holier-than-thou while in Nicht for an extended period; during the fight at Sringar, he just massacres the Diablo-types with extreme prejudice instead of just lightning-zapping them. Then he tends to verbally abuse his own machine just to eke out more power from it; such as creating the massive worm sphere that absorbed all of Roadrunner's flame tornadoes.

It's actually kind of funny, the abusive relationship he has with his own machine. She's yandere for him, he wants nothing to do with her, but when they're together he's the sadistic one verbally abusing her and she enjoys it.

Sein on the other hand; just ones to be one with its pilot. But isn't anywhere near as murder-happy and masochistic as Nicht.
>>
>>15755424
Lord of the Flies in Space really.

Come to think of it, VVV kind of started out like a Lord of the Flies setup like Infinite Ryvius as well.
>>
File: 1284234551107.jpg (101KB, 640x410px) Image search: [Google]
1284234551107.jpg
101KB, 640x410px
>>15757768
>But at least Alvis' Main Boat is large enough that it's really not hard to suspend your disbelief.
Here's one of the early pre-production? images of the island ship. It still amazes me just how massive they are, and that Japan's remnants, deciding they had nothing left to lose; violated almost every moral/ethical taboo in order to build the initial islands (about 3-4 of them no less), then have them scatter and cut communication with each other in order to wander about as mobile fortresses and "arks", and continue to develop and evolve on their own with the main goal being a means to counter the Festum.

Tatsumiya Island got lucky and successfully developed a Festum counter; but the island encountered in S1 wasn't as lucky. They succumbed to Festum assaults, and their core chose to go Festum from a lack of human support.
>>
>>15759782
>I think the kids have even more Festum genes because the adults wanted to make them more resilient to Festum attacks.
I thought that was due to the survivors of Japan choosing to cross ethical lines and start fusing alien DNA with clones and designer babies in the hopes of giving them a means to better resist. The Festum Element that also proved to be a means of operating machines also using a Festum Core (how they managed to salvage even one for their prototypes is mind boggling).
>>
Reminder that the island in the original series isn't 1 of the Seto Mir 3 and there is one Alvis unaccounted for
>>
>>15774275
See >>15774310
>>
>>15774288
>how they managed to salvage even one for their prototypes is mind boggling
The Island's Mir provided them.
>>
>>15774275
I don't disagree but this post reads like one of those expository monologues where a character starts off with "As you know, ". I think we're mostly all familiar with the series here.
>>
>>15774275
I think it's gotten bigger.
>>
>>15774410
It looks a bit like a turtle, that's really cute.
>>
>>15774275
>but the island encountered in S1 wasn't as lucky. They succumbed to Festum assaults, and their core chose to go Festum from a lack of human support
I'm not so sure about that last part. My take has always been that the Core was assimilated alongside the rest of the island, and Idun was influenced by its form like Mjolnir was Akane. How else would Idun have been connected to Polaris? He was practically its avatar in the latter half.
>>
>>15774217
I need doujins of this stat.
>>
>>15774217
Well, in the final episode of Exodus he comforts it because he senses that Nicht is afraid of dying/not existing anymore.
>>
>>15774217
Sein was devouring Kazuki more because of how it was linked to Nicht and how Kazuki has that thing about suppressing the assimilation on the other machines by using his as buffer, we can even see how it allowed itself to be sealed with no problem while they had to throw chains around Nicht and put it in a secluded location instead of leaving it together with the rest of the fafners for study like it happened with Sein
>>
>>15774275
>>Tatsumiya Island got lucky and successfully developed a Festum counter; but the island encountered in S1 wasn't as lucky. They succumbed to Festum assaults, and their core chose to go Festum from a lack of human support.
Nah, the Mir got devoured along with everyone else in the final assault, it just happened that Akane was filled with so much hate that she managed to spawn a master type out of the clusterfuck.

The only core that goes sort of bad is the one in Exodus that went crazy because it couldn't protect its inhabitants and took in all their hatred at being betrayed and killed by fellow humans
>>
>>15777409
Chains, and what appeared to be molten metal. It looked like they chained it up in one of the foundries on the island.
>>
>>15777455
The metal wasn't molten.
Nicht tried to melt it.
To escape.
>>
>>15726830
Because it looks cool in srw.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.