[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I caught some of it on Toonami as a kid and three or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Kamille.Bidan.600.424634.jpg (13KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
Kamille.Bidan.600.424634.jpg
13KB, 200x232px
Okay, so I caught some of it on Toonami as a kid and three or four years back I binge watched the whole series, along with ZZ afterward. All I got from it was that Kamille was a whiny little shit who just does what he wants. And everyone is okay with it. Mind you, I know there are some deeper themes, but I remember him kind of ruining the whole thing for me. What with all the Zeta/ZZ shitposting, I'm rewatching it to get my own opinion, and it feels like I was right. Am I missing something? Does Kamille change later on?
>>
He becomes more mature but everyone on the Argama mostly just tolerate him because he's so good.
>>
Once amuro shows up he's already not a annoying whiny bitch.
>>
Some things change and some things don't but your complaint is that he is "a whiny little shit" I guess that does change.
Your impression that everyone was okay with it is wrong though, if that is what ruined the show for you. The reason you didn't realize this is probably due to overlooking the "deeper themes" of the show.
>>
>>15725076
Probably.
>>
>>15725057
>Zeta
>Toonami
wat
>>
>>15725088
Well, I caught it on something. It had a dub, and that's what I heard.
>>
Alright, I'm starting to see some changes.
>>
>>15725107
Oh, shit, and there's another reason I made this thread. When does Yazan show up?
>>
>>15725091
>Dubbed Zeta Gundam

Dunno if that's good or not, but eh.

I watched it subbed and it actually surprised me how Kamille went from whiny to surprisingly someone I enjoy watching as a character in a manner of around 15 or so episodes (can't remember clearly).
>>
>>15725122
It's not good. It's not. The only voices I actually think were cast well were Amuro and Quattro.
>>
Eventually it becomes "Kamille tries to stop Fa and Katz from doing stupid shit". About halfway through him going off is the least of anyones problems.
>>
>>15725057
that's like, the first ten episodes only.
He grew out of being an autistic child a lot quicker than Amuro did in the original, that's for damn sure
>>
File: 1451756086472.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451756086472.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Kamille has a space Jesus harem that consists of more than a malnourished Indian girl. So he has that. He also designs a really good Gundam
>>
>>15725130
Even then they were stand-ins as the usual dub actors were on strike or something. Its jarring going from 0079 to Zeta to CCA and hearing the different voices.
>>
>>15725130
It's a good decent dub. Not as good as 0079's though. I think that the dialogue in Zeta is just harder to salvage in general.
>>15725305
>He grew out of being an autistic child a lot quicker than Amuro did
He never stopped.
>>
>>15725444
yeah the Zeta dub's okay, but the different cast kills my interest
>>
>>15725114
Pretty late. I think it's at least in the late 20s
>>
>>15726090
Fuck yeah. I remember him the most.
>>
kamille is one of those "protagonists" with the "character development" that mech shows used to have. he crosses the line and becomes likeable when he acknowledges fa's good points like not being crazy and not trying to kill him and starts treating her right your mileage may vary.
>>
>>15725057
>And everyone is okay with it
Do you even remember the part where Wong beat the shit out of him?
>>
>>15726561
No, actually. That's why I'm rewatching it. And now that I am, I can say that Kamille is fine.It's just that the first few episodes gave me the wrong impression.
>>
>>15725057
>All I got from it was that Kamille was a whiny little shit who just does what he wants.
No, you're thinking of ZZ. Judau does whatever he wants and suffers no repercussions, ever. Kamille gets beaten up on a regular basis and ends up maturing into a profound warrior. Judau is selfish from beginning to end and abandons his little sister in the end.
>>
>>15726847
>Judau does whatever he wants and suffers no repercussions, ever.
Both his Purus die, I'd say that's pretty harsh.
>>
>>15726847
>Kamille gets beaten up on a regular basis and ends up maturing into a profound warrior.
He learns a little humility in the end, but I'm pretty sure things like the Wong beat down are just supposed to make you hate adults more because Tomino.
>>
>>15726847
To clarify though, Kamille never did anything wrong even in the opening episodes.
>>
>>15725130

Amuro's VA knew what he was doing, but I still would have preferred Swaile & Kopsa.

I remember enjoying Jonathan Love's performance as Scirocco.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.