[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gundam a show for children?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: question.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
Is Gundam a show for children?
>>
>>15723887
Yes.
>>
>>15723887
NO.
>>
>>15723887
Maybe?
>>
>>15723887
I don't know
>>
>>15723887
Could you repeat the question?
>>
>>15723887
Seriously though, why are the protagonists always teenagers?
>>
>>15723887
You're not the boss of me now.
>>
Seriously though, why are the antagonist always adults?
>>
>>15723887
They can watch it, they wont understand that easy, also if we are talking og gundam then no cuz america hates nudity
>>
>>15723887
Some children are Gundam. Some are not. Sometimes, women can be Gundam too.
>>
>>15723947
Adults create problems for those that they do not know.
>>
Absolutely
That's why they aired IBO in a timeslot for childrens shows.
>>
>>15723947
Adult Tomino killed Kid Tomino so Kid Tomino vowed to kill all Tomino's adults in his anime when he grew up.
>>
>>15724117
First of all, 13 year olds are watching that timeslot on toonami/adult swim. Second of all, it still has children as the protagonist. The first 6 Gundam shows are teenage Gundam pilot protagonists for goodness sakes.
>>
>>15724119
I'd believe it.
>>
File: Bullshit.jpg (260KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
260KB, 570x558px
>>15724119
>>
>>15724124
I'm talking about Japan.
>>
>>15723887
>Is Gundam a show for children?

Yes. Does it bother you ?
>>
>>15724124
You realize the 11s are obsessed with youth, right?
>>
>>15723947
>Seriously though, why are the antagonist always adults?

The antagonists are adults precisely because the message is that the kids represent a better future than the status quo identified with adults.
Gundam is for kids (or teenagers whatever) and kids will not identify with an adult character.
It seems to me the only people that are butthurt are those that can't grasp this simple fact and go day in day out screaming "muhhhhhhhh violence, muhhhhhhhhh war grittiness, muhhhhhhhhhh muhhhhhhhhhhhhh muhhhhhhh" as if Gundam was some kind of war documentary.
>>
>>15723887
Yes. It's the my little pony of mecha
>>
>>15724161
>>15724173
My mistake. Explains lolis a bit. And shounen.
>>
>>15723887
Which one?
>>
>>15723887
More importantly, why does Wing have the best OP? Man, those first five seconds of piano keys really get you to draw yourself into the music. Then you're become pumped when hearing the rest of the song. Finally, that beautiful, sorrowful voice against the contrasting amazing art with the added sound effects of the mechs thrown into the mix? Hmmmm mmmm mmm.. best opening.
JUST WILD BEAT COM-MU-NI-CA-TION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBqDyAvv-_M
>>
>>15724232
>wingfags
>>
>>15724253
>jealously
>>
>>15723887
Not exactly since it was for all ages. Just look at the drama and stuff there. Otherwise you're talking about the first run of it in 1979 and the first run of the toy merchandise.
>>
0080 is too boring to be a show for kids.
>>
>>15723887
What else is for kids besides your mouth when you're like kissing on some gay dude and like holding his like muscles 'cause his arms just are like wrapped around you and you feel like so safe 'cause you're like... not that you're gay or nothing but God you just want to bury yourself in his chest and just live there forever.
>>
>>15724286
Found the IBOfag
>>
>>15724286
Settle down, D to the P. I got the munchies.
>>
>>15724232
If you're comparing it to the other Gundam OPs, then it doesn't.
But, if you mean the best Wing OP, then sure.
>>
>>15724809
Show me a better one then.
>>
>>15727074
Not him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZxHfUNmvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrDASSYKmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSycojV_L1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYPjcrB9l8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is7A_htB54g

Honestly I'd post nearly every Gundam OP pre-wing; I like them all more than Wing's. Wing's first OP is mediocre at best and the second is just lame. Wing really isn't pleasant to me on the whole; I've never understood why anyone really liked its intro either.
>>
>>15727199
I may add both ZZ's OPs, Turn A turn, the Winner, Dreams, Resolution.
>>
>>15723918
Because that's the target demographic for these shows? It's not rocket science.
>>
>>15723887
Barely. It's a toy commercial first and foremost. The story is an afterthought.
>>
>>15727199
Wing has the best arranged and sounding song.
>>
>>15724057
Do you believe I am Gundam too?
>>
>>15727199
Did you not even bother reading this? Plus, the opening coherently explains the plot, albeit, in a subtle way, that other ops don't even bother to attempt.
>>15724232
>>
>>15727510
I wanted to add both of ZZ's OPs, the 0083 OPs, G Gundam's, etc. but I felt it'd be too muc

>>15727959
I read that post earlier. I do not agree with that post at all. It's not "pumping you up" when I know I'm going to sit through ~20 minutes of asinine characters, horrible choreography, and insufferable plot armor and sounds bad on top of all that.
I don't really understand how people enjoy Wing outside of nostalgia.
>>
>>15723934
That bloody show is not the source of the yes/no/maybe etc meme.
>>
>>15723887
Not quite. For teenagers. By the law they're still children and by the common sense they're old enough to fight, marry and reproduce

Why couldn't they put more effort in making political picture more believable? Dougram and LoGH have great political episodes. GBF and VOTOMS had no political message and no real attention to the system was paid and that's fine too. And Gundam is stuck in the middle - they can't play it serious, but thay can't let politics go.
>>
Gundam is a show for Japanese children.
I would not show any gundam to my little western cousins except maybe Build Fighters or Wing.
>>
>>15728074
So what are you arguing? The show or the OP? Because the OP is boss. Those sound effects added into the song are top tier. The show's good for what's it about, people fighting to protect their homes. And how about the fact in the very first episode it's teaching kids that bitches respond to negativity more than any ass kissing ever could. Heero straight up tells Relena that he's going to murder her and her puss gets so wet that she ends up following him around the entire rest of the show. Now that's a life lesson if I ever saw one.
>>
>>15727569
>Barely. It's a toy commercial first and foremost.
So that's a yes.
>>
>>15724232
If you were talking about the Italian OP you'd be right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwQUDi9nLSM&t

Goon Damn
<Italian Jibberish>
Goon Damn
Go to fight a war
Goon Damn
<Italian Jibberish Intensifies>
Oh it's your first time (it's your first time)
>>
>>15723887
Is kamille a girls name?
>>
>>15731892
Every anime teaches life lessons, that doesn't necessarily make them all good, y'know ?
Wing had many problems and it's not a good show.
>>
File: Perfectly good man's name.png (2MB, 1438x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Perfectly good man's name.png
2MB, 1438x1068px
>>15735545
>>
>>15737408
What was wrong with Wing that makes it worse of a gundam show than the others?
>>
File: respect the robot.jpg (65KB, 297x378px) Image search: [Google]
respect the robot.jpg
65KB, 297x378px
>>15723887
NO
>>
>>15731892
Since another guy also replied, I also will reply.

Regarding the show and OP, they are both meh, if the post you were replying to earlier wasn't indication enough. The OP is, again, IMO lame- it lacks actual rhythm for something talking about wild beat yadda yadda.
>people fighting to protect their homes
Did we watch the same fucking show? The Gundam pilots were all trained from childhood to be super soldiers and their conflict went from attempting to decapitate the UESA, OZ, etc. to White Fang and the colonies themselves- overall, it became a broad fight against literally everybody with guns because of the banal, low brow 'philosophical' bent the show had about pacifism and war.

The second half of your post I just can't follow at all.

To answer >>15737571
>Poor choreography; grunts are sliced, shot and explode immediately ALL THE TIME
>Protagonist's MS are practically invincible
>Stock footage out the ass
>Unrelatable characters (Gundam pilots especially but also applies to a chunk of the support cast) with either incredible amounts of plot armor, autism (Dorothy), angst, etc.
>"politics" that are basically repeating the same (simple) messages or rhetoric over and over again; characters talk at each other
This last one especially is annoying to me. Characters like Dr. J and his cohorts I feel especially encapsulated this. They're almost as bad as Heero with their "oh it's time for us to die we're old men" shtick, which never happens until the very end, which was IMO a shameless and poor aping of CCA.

The fact that at least ~4+ faction changes, coups etc. occurred in show I feel also reflects this overall poor writing. Maybe if any of the factions felt coherent it could've given a good impression of an unstable and violent world but instead each just feels like a faction of the week considering the Romefeller Foundation always seems to be coming closer and closer to total world domination whenever we see it, even as the other factions come and go.
>>
>>15724188
>The antagonists are adults precisely because the message is that the kids represent a better future than the status quo identified with adults.

The problem is the majority of Tomino's kids are also massive fuckups who are destined to become like the adults they hate. So really, it's just saying we're fucked.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.