[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dancouga is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 30451.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
30451.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
No, a show isn't good because you like playing as the unit in SRW.
>>
>>15723345
I'm so glad we asked
OP is a huge faggot
yatte yaruze
>>
I want to buy Dancouga but I know nothing about it.
>>
It is pretty disappointing if you go in expecting some sort of beautiful exciting 80s mecha awesomeness, but I wouldn't call it shit. It's just kinda boring a lot of the time.
>>
>>15723439
Bit of a pity, since you have component mechs that can actually accomplish things and villains that look like they came right out of Fist of the North Star.
>>
File: 1361132287804.jpg (371KB, 519x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1361132287804.jpg
371KB, 519x3500px
Id describe it as very high highs and very low lows. It doesn't do in between
>>
>>15723397
Evil aliens invade Earth, the only effective resistance is a robot elephant, eagle, lion and cougar that take half the entire show to combine into a single robot.
>>
>>15723345
Sorry nit me wgod mars difefet.
>>
>>15723457
That's a good way of putting it. I'm glad that I watched it, but I'm honestly not sure if I actually enjoyed it overall. For every high, there's a "what are you doing, you fucking moron?" moment... but I still get pumped when Shinobu yells and the theme song comes up.

It's a confusing show.
>>
>>15723345
I've never seen anyone on this board claiming it's a masterpiece or anything like that
>>
It's a slow-paced show, which is some people think is equal to "trash".
It's a decent anime. Lots of great moments, a few not so many. Ending is underwhelming in many ways (even without the whole OVA thing) and they should have expanded on characters and their relationships more (Alan-Shinobe episode was pure gold and easily the best episode in the series).
Requiem is a good ending (the best series had), God Bless was a pretty good epilogue in the first half, but finale battle was underwhelming.
And I don't think people are allowed to talk about... other epilogue.
>>
I wouldn't go so far as to call it "trash"
>>
>>15725857

Well the problem with Dancouga is less them being unable to achieve what they where shooting for as best they wanted because of limitations and more some truly baffling and intentional production choices. For instance the way they wanted to push the little girl Idol and would have Masato flirt with and date her
>>
>>15726109
I can't think of any other overly strange thing the show did other than waiting till practically the end of the show to introduce the booster pack and until the fucking OVA to introduce the sword.

Though with the booster pack, I know Final Dancouga was apparently in the original series lineart and bible, so I'm guessing they were planning on making that the upgrade Dancouga got, but the idea was shitcanned by the toy companies or something.
>>
>>15726132

It just seemed generally mismanaged. 15 episodes is WAY to long to introduce the main mech and with better budgeting and tighter scripting you could have resolved shit and introduced things a lot cleaner.
>>
>>15726140
I liked that aspect of it, although I didn't think they played up the character and teamwork arcs that should have gone into that enough to warrant it. Nonetheless, it's rare that we get shows where the individual components of a combining robot are actually competent, so it's always nice to see that
>>
>>15726132
>Though with the booster pack, I know Final Dancouga was apparently in the original series lineart and bible, so I'm guessing they were planning on making that the upgrade Dancouga got, but the idea was shitcanned by the toy companies or something.

They didn't have time to do the setup. Dancouga was supposed to run longer (as evidenced at the very least by the fact that they had to have an OVA to finish the fucking thing) and one of the things that was going to happen was a bit more stuff with Alan that would lead into the Black Wing and Dancouga being upgraded to be combinable - since IIRC it's actually brought up in the show that they're incompatible at one point.

Considering someone who's very clearly Alan shows up during the wedding in God Bless in a background shot and half the fucking OVA was about the people who used to work for him I'm willing to guess he was supposed to survive in some capacity, and then they'd combine into Final, but time/budgets/whatever restraints made them not. But anything else, I dunno.
>>
I was wondering what the fuck I would do if I were to reboot Dancouga.

I agree that there wmshould be more build up on the teamwork aspect but as far as that goes I think there was one episode that the team were forced to not use their Machines for the mission.

I also have joked as to how different the series would be if it was directed or written by Ryousuke Takahashi. Having the true innovator of Real Robot anime to direct a combining mecha series that has more of a Real Robot take to it.

And no,Gaogaigar is too Super to count.
>>
Also,I love how each of the Generals represent a facet of warfareas reflected by their tactics.

Death Gaia is Blitzkrieg as he sends masses of troops to overwhelm his foes and not much else.

Gil Dorom is my favorite as every one of his episodes focuses on psychological warfare and some great episodes came from such.

Helmutt is Scorched Earth Policy as at that point Zarbados just wants the Cyber Beast Squadron dead at that point.
>>
>>15723345
get fucked muge zorbados
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.