[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam AU ideas thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1458529737400.jpg (197KB, 800x463px) Image search: [Google]
1458529737400.jpg
197KB, 800x463px
Share 'em if you got 'em. Here's mine:

>a "back to basics" approach, like SEED started as but without derailing into pacifism and fujoshit
>at the same time as that, more playing around with the weirder, non-strictly mecha stuff Gundam's introduced (cyborgs, clones, ghosts, maybe an implication of aliums observing here or there) as well as Newtypes
>at the same time as THAT, some sops to realism for /k/ and to the sort of grit /m/ seems to like in Gundam (beam weapons are almost exclusively the preserve of ships and Mobile Armors; Core Fighter-style detachable fighter craft are used on planets and in colonies instead of having big robots designed to function in zero gravity being able to walk around without destroying their transmissions; combined arms a la MSG being the order of the day planetside/colonyside; the main cast's MSes needing regular repairs and upkeep and occasional jerryrigged patches a la the Ez8)

>genocidal fuckwits from the Jovian colonies (and some allied colonies) are waging war against Earth and the colonies that still answer to Earth's authority
>the main cast do sneaky hit and run/scouting/reconnaissance-pull stuff, World War 2 Britbong special forces-style
>MC is a soldier, but got captured is made into a Cyber Newtype before the series began; the rest of the main cast first meets him while raiding the secret lab behind enemy lines where he was being tested on; struggles with his brain problems like Hank Pym
>female lead and intended best girl got royally fucked up on her very first sortie before the series began, narrowly survived, and is now more machine than flesh
>MC's other main wingman is from a city that gets colony drop'd; he's friendly and jokey before that happens and is wrathful and vindictive afterwards
>the Char secretly has Space AIDS, and knowing he's on borrowed time drives a lot of his actions and motivations

If you don't have anything, feel free to call me a faggot. I know my idea's not very good haha
>>
>AU
stopped reading there
>>
>>15720938
>>MC is a soldier, but got captured is made into a Cyber Newtype before the series began; the rest of the main cast first meets him while raiding the secret lab behind enemy lines where he was being tested on; struggles with his brain problems like Hank Pym
Sounds like the guy from Destiny
>>
>MC is asshole playboy goofoff
>decent MS pilot
>wins over squaddies with charisma
>enemy raid
>massive cast wipe
>welp gotta be serious now
>then it's just rambo with a gundam
>>
Another Alt-UC like AWGX.
>>
AGE 2: A show where the robot is controlled by tweeting.
>>
File: giphy.gif (783KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
783KB, 500x281px
>>15720965
>>MC is asshole playboy goofoff
>>then it's just rambo with a gundam
>>
>>15721006
yeah like that but he doesn't go back to being a goof
>>
Can someone link the last "write a /m/ anime plot"
I wrote a /m/etal story there.
>>
>AU

Pass.

Slice of life story set during the OYW about a group of cute girls who are enrolled in an all girls high school for future Federation officers and pilots. The facility is also home to several secret Gundam prototypes used for training and testing purposes.
>>
>>15720938
>AU
>he doesn't know
Fr*ggin LOL
>>
Something that takes place in the same setting as Gundam X, but exploring more of the small nation rebuilding, mercenaries, and junk dealers.
>>
>>15721087
>slice of life
>OYW

Are you thematically blind? SoL stuff doesn't work in OYW, period.
>>
>>15721140
Honestly i think the people of the OYW have no concept of your regular daily life, like that shit is as alien a concept as like visualizing 5th dimensional object in 3D space
>>
>>15720938
>they don`t do an AU,but instead sensibly continue UC in a full-length,high-budget anime
>>
Anything but "the Gundam is superior ancient technology"
>>
Shares the same general setting as Gundam X in that it's recovering post-war world with a wild west element to it. But the main focus is on a brothel run by a madam who was once a former general, where the prostitutes are also mercenaries by day; some of them MS pilots, others assassins/spies. Aside from sex and bar drinks, they also serve as a major black market liason and trade center, where deals and illicit goods such as drugs or desperately needed medication are traded in secure back rooms with entertainment provided.

The series would mostly be SoL, with episodes consist of 2-3 episode mini-arcs focusing on the jobs and characters of the brothel and some larger arcs, and how they manage to survive in a war-torn region where the only law is the law of the fittest and best equipped.

As far as machines go, there will be variants of the Gundam X, Airmaster, and Leopard, as well as a mix of salvaged MS from both sides used to defend their establishment and town from other bandit or mercenary groups, and later a custom Alps-class like landship that serves as a mobile brothel/bar and MS carrier for the group. They would remain neutral throughout the war, but cameos by individuals on both sides of the conflict may appear, either for some sexual service or simply black market trades.
>>
>>15721264
So basically your dream Gundam series is one that alienates most of the fanbase and gets canceled three episodes in.
>>
its just star wars but with gundams
>>
I'd just animate the Alternate UC scenario where Kamille becomes part of the Titans. Jerid becomes his wing man, Lila becomes his Quattro, and Yazan becomes his Sleggar.

If not, ny AU would be set during an alternate version of a real war, preferably WW2. Countries fight it out using mobile suits with a sort of classic 40s look and feel. I'm not sure which country will be developing the Gundam. Either not-America or not-Japan. MC will be a either an unlucky civilian or a low ranking grunt. Maybe a messenger boy. There will be no beam weaponry. Machines guns, rifles, and flamethrowers only.
>>
Animate that wacky ZZ and Ideon manga.

Or animate the Acguy manga.
>>
>>15721798
>WWII Gundam
>Being made by Japan
>Referencing their greatest shame directly with a national icon

Yeah, sorry, don't see that one coming to pass for some reason.
>>
>>15721830
They could probably change events or whatever. Maybe not include Japan at all. Hell, make it WWI instead.
>>
> Male MC is a rash rookie eager to fight in the war
> Female MC is a reluctant pilot forced to fight
> They're on opposite sides of the war, which started over resource rights but has devolved into mud slinging as each side paints the other as "evil"
> Thr series follows both MCs over the course of the war
> Male MC teammates are killed by Female MC
> Female MCs senpai is killed by the male MC
> Male MC ends up tired of war and wishes to end the fighting
> Female MC ends up bloodthirsty and wants to take revenge on Male MC

The MCs will only meet face to face in the final episode after the war is over. The female MC gets the gundam while the male MC gets a monoeyed suit.
>>
I had an idea that was mainly inspired by Gundam, Titanfall 2, and This War of Mine.

Here's the synopsis I copy-pasted from my google doc, complete with a map of Mars. Im working on the geography now. the northern Planitias are going to be oceans(The Arcadian Sea, Amazonian Bay, Elysium Channel, ect), and Valles Marineris is basically going to be a long valley with lots of rivers in it. Real beautiful scenery.

the Mountain Cities are basically going to be Megacity Alba and Megacity Olympus, which are both going to be basically big urban anthills, with the entirety of the surface of the mountains covered, and a large cave system dug out for the rest of the city.

The Tharsis mountains are just basically the Martian version of the Rockies, with many cities and towns at the foot of them. The Thaumasia Highlands are just going to be small cities and towns.

Argyre Planitia is going to be the largest inland body of water on mars. It's basically going to be the great lakes, if they were all mushed together to make a super great lake. A megalake, if you will.

These are genreal ideas that need further refinement and editing. Dont know what Ill be doing yet, but we'll see if I make it into a shitty Unity Engine game or a crummy novel or two.
Open to ideas.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.