[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lady devilman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

What THE FUCK did I just read??
Im absolutely torn Between the fantastic art and the story that seems to go in random directions
Its like sexual-blasphemy exploitation film cranked up to 11
But that ending really annoyed me. Why get rid of Jun like that just for a Mao Dante reference cliffhanger and Akira acting out of character?
Should I try the anime?
>>
>>15720471

Not seen Devilman Lady but the anime doesn't look appealing.

I think Devilman really only works in the context of the 70s incarnation, which includes the initial two OVAs from the late 80s. I've been reading the Amon manga and it feels massively overshot with too much focus on it being grimdark. That entire goth aesthetic they introduced to it from 2000 onward really ruin this character for me.
>>
>>15720471
>fantastic art
Where? Are you talking about all the cross hatching his assistants were doing? Have your eyes checked.
>>
>>15720471
>sexual exploitation film cranked up to 11
ftfy

How can't you expect "blasphemy" from a manga titled Devilman? Even the blasphemy is debatable because Japan isn't a Christian nation. You alt-righters are so oversensitives
>>
>>15720704
>Not seen Devilman Lady but the anime doesn't look appealing.
the anime is completely different, and stays true to the original premise.

I like it, but it can be slow and has quite the low budget.
>>
>>15720704
they forgot that the appeal of the original was that it was fucking cool. Akira is a loser who gets to become a badass demon, it's wish fulfillment. it was never meant to be edgy or grimdark
>>
>>15720471
>Should I try the anime?
it's pretty decent

also kinda hoping the next time we get a Devilman anime that it leans closer to the Toei anime than to any of the manga or later anime productions
>>
>>15720719
Nagai is a good artist. He's better than you, more acclaimed than you and more people enjoy his stuff than yours. You need to get over your own issues before you criticize what other people like.
>>
>>15720867
He was only good in the 70s
>>
>>15720742
Wait so you mean every country isn't America? *gasp* but I thought American values were universal!
>>
>>15720471
>anime
It's nothing like the manga, so don't watch it if you're looking for something similar.

>>15720873
Mostly. He has done a few good things outside of it, but most of it is filler trash.
>>
The ending was fine, it was needed to break out the cycle.
>>
File: 27.jpg (569KB, 1456x1040px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
569KB, 1456x1040px
>>15720867
>>15720873
>>15721023
I think it's clear he never actually studied anatomy, then again a lot of comic artists and cartoonists actually didn't. It's a specific field of study even within art. But the guy has an eye for spreads. It's better than most spreads in comics even if the anatomy's lacking.
>>
>>15721062
I think I like his designs better because he doesn't know anatomy. Where muscle should be or where proportions should be kept, Nagai just adds a random extra head.
>>
>>15721143
It's always nice to have an extra head, you know how often people lose those in these types of media.
>>
>>15721180
Just ask Jinmen!
>>
>Devilman thread
Perfect time to ask this. Okay so why didn't Satan make Akira remember that his relationship with Ryo was dating? Or if that wasn't doable, why not make Ryo into a woman and then try to win over Akira?
>>
>>15721650
Shitty writing. What else did you expected from fucking Go Nagai?
>>
>>15720742
OP here, I LIKE blasphemy you dense fuck. Im a Devilman fan you dumb cunt
Stop looking for excuses to bring up your /pol/ bullshit
>>
>>15720776
>and stays true to the original premise.
Thats all I needed to know, because the manga sure didn't
>>
>>15721650
He fell in love after he had manipulated Akira's memories. Additionally, he didn't regain his memories until later. He couldn't brainwash someone powerful Devilman.
>>
Anime is pretty mediocre and still leagues better than the manga.
>>
>>15720471
The anime is worse
>>
>>15720742
>You alt-righters are so oversensitives
This.

Christian cucks decided to BTFO themselves at every turn.
>>
>>15722060
But shouldn't he remember that he loves Akira every cycle after the first? Since it seems like certain people, Satan and PsychoJenny, know that their in a loop?
>>
>>15720867
>You can't criticize anything if you can't do it better yourself!
I think Nagai is a good artist too (when he tries), but please get a better argument.
>>
Lady is so stupid, it's actually good.

>>15723408
Jenny is under command by God to keep Satan in the loop so that he must suffer the same over and over again and she also wipes his memory, too.
>>
>>15722672
t. Mudslime living in Europe
>>
>>15723625
lol is that your best

cuck
>>
>>15723408
>But shouldn't he remember that he loves Akira every cycle after the first?

What cycles? The story just goes through Devilman, Devilman Lady and now Devilman Saga.
>>
>>15723946
God cursed Satan to have to relive the timeline for the rest of eternity so Devilman happens over and over again forever.
>>
>>15723952
Says who?
>>
>>15723956
says God
>>
>>15720471
>Should I try the anime?
Yes it's one of the best Nagai adaptions, the ending theme especially.
>>
>>15723952
That never happened.
>>
>>15723946
You forget the prequel, Devil Knight which explains why Satan is made of two people
>>
I still can't accept Devilman & Satan teaming up for any reason, especially because "God's a big meanie for creating this shit world huh?"
Not to mention
>The MC was just 1/2 of the Villain and had no identity of her own, shes leaving existence forever now, goodbye!
What kind of plot resolution is that? I mean really
>>
Is there a devilman recommendation chart?
>>
>>15724555
No need. Just read the Original manga then watch the old OVAs.
Until the new anime next spring theres really nothing else essential, and hell, it could end up being shit for all we know.
>>
>>15724555
Also get out of here FAST before someone posts THAT panel and spoils the twist for you
>>
>>15724555
The original is the only thing worth your time. Ignore the edition Nagai added some stupid shit too.
>>
File: img000020.jpg (378KB, 845x905px) Image search: [Google]
img000020.jpg
378KB, 845x905px
>>15723956
That's in one of the side materials released after the original if I remember correctly. You'd know that if you had read them.

>>15724399
And what Amon is made up of, too.
>>
>>15724569
>>15724678
Fuck off. lady and violence jack are the best devilman entries.

The original is so fucking overrated. nagai has had better and more complex stories since then.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.