[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southern Cross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_n03vheuHpS1six9lqo1_500.png (664KB, 500x615px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n03vheuHpS1six9lqo1_500.png
664KB, 500x615px
Is it underrated?
>>
>>15719173

No it's just kind of crap and it's all this retards fault. Holy tits Ive not seen a less likable main character
>>
worst than Ideon
>>
>>15719173
All I know is you posted best grill.
>>
>>15719173
>Is it underrated?

No, it is definitely bad.
The main character is a fucking airheaded teen that spends more time in the shower than piloting mecha. The storyline is a fucking mess.
Most mecha save for the Hovertanks and the red bioriod are shit.
The aliens are meh.
The armors of the various armies are something to behold (at least going by the artistic sketches), but we seldom see them all in the anime.
Frankly all in all no one today would give a shit about Southern Cross if it hadn't been tied to Roboshit.
>>
It's probably underrated in the sense that it takes a huge amount of flak thanks to it's more commonly known Robotech counterpart, which made an absolute meal of it. But it's not some hidden gem, it's still not really all that great.

It's probably more interesting than Mospeada though, which tends to swing in the overrated direction for similar reasons.
>>
File: 0ef0bb567f09fac9[1].jpg (142KB, 492x982px) Image search: [Google]
0ef0bb567f09fac9[1].jpg
142KB, 492x982px
>>15719309
>It's probably more interesting than Mospeada though

I was about to ask if anyone else felt like this. Neither were great series, but at least stuff happens in Southern Cross while Mospeada had a lot of filler. On the other hand, Southern Cross has truly shit-tastic mecha design.
>>
>>15719173
Why don't you watch it and find out?
>>
Do you think it will be a good series if it will be more Cross Ange-esque story sans the later series' fanservice stuff, yuri undertones and whatever mistakes there?
>>
>>15719173
Yes. It is not a bad show at all. I like it more than Orguss. Or any Macross sequel.

It gets shit on solely because it's a show from the 80's that's not a timeless classic and lolRobotech.
>>
>>15722071

Dude, the show gets shit on because it is genuinely bad. Tatsunoko had to cut the show short at 23 episodes because the viewing numbers in 1984 had gone almost to zero.
Fanservice, hovertanks, and a bit of mediocre music is all that remains.
>>
>>15722071
Can you get anymore contrarian?
>>
File: 8-Southern-Cross-Robot-1.jpg (401KB, 1360x1496px) Image search: [Google]
8-Southern-Cross-Robot-1.jpg
401KB, 1360x1496px
>>15719173
It's pretty bad, but it is a pity because i loved the armors concept. I bit Starship troopers , i bit Spartans. A lot of old school.

Such a waste.
>>
>>15719335
>Neither were great series

>>15719309
>it's still not really all that great
>It's probably more interesting than Mospeada though

Bullshit. The Mospeada ride armor was an original concept which has since been duplicated many times since its release. The plot focused more on strategy rather than hot blooded action but it maintained a level of interest nonetheless where the moments of awesome stood out even more.

>It's probably more interesting
>probably more interesting
>probably

Confirmed never watched. Listen carefully: stop posting, go watch it, and don't come back until you've watched all 25 episodes and the LLA OVA epilogue.
>>
>>15722088
Hurr durr, people with a different opinion are just being contrarian!
When jumping off cliffs becomes the thing that the cool kids are into I'll be glad to see you go.

The show is decent, this is hardly a radical opinion.
>>
>>15719173
It was horrible
>>
>>15723861
>decent
It was trash. There's a reason no one gives a shit about it.
>>
>>15719173
It probably would've been more interesting if it remained true to its original concept as Sengoku in SPAAAAAAACE.

But Tatsunoko gotta milk dat Super Dimension label.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.