[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what makes a mecha show a mecha show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mechagroupshot.jpg (403KB, 1500x835px) Image search: [Google]
mechagroupshot.jpg
403KB, 1500x835px
what makes a mecha show a mecha show?
>>
>>15716457
It's old and nobody likes it
>>
>>15716457
The toys sell.
>>
These scale charts are so retarded. How does the puny looking Eva tower over all these bulky, huge looking designs? it doesn't count as a huge mech if you just make a skinny little looking mech and say "oh btw it's bigger than every other robot"
>>
>>15716457
Is gunbuster really that big?
>>
Are we being raided or something? Seems like there's more shitposting than usual in the boards I visit.
>>
>>15716567
I have five shitposting threads up right now
>>
>>15716475
There is a difference between length and GIRTH, jesus christ anon learn your cocks.
>>
>>15716567
/m/'s been like this for some time now; rampant uncontrolled shitposting and not a mod in sight.

Some people have blamed a population swell on the recent election drawing large numbers of users to /pol/- literal reddit users and so on pushed off by reddit, but I would not pay attention to such claims in relation to a small board like /m/, which has suffered from consistent trolls and been easy to bait anyway for the past few years or so.

>>15716475
I can't tell if this is a serious question or not
Anyways IIRC it's because the EVA units are depicted at wildly different scales in their own work depending on the scene and don't have an actual solid height compared to other robots.
>>
>>15716534
I believe it is. IIRC, you can see the huegness of it in the 5th episode, particularly on its touchdown back at Earth.
You could also compare Kazumi's personal mech, which you see in the first episode with a visual comparison of the size of the human pilots, and how her mech fits neatly into Gunbuster's hand.
>>
>>15716457
....um....robot?
>>
>>15716475
I was gonna ask about this too. Did it grow to huge by the end of the movie, or is this scale chart balls to the walls retardo? Is it just super inconsistent?
>>
>>15716751
The TV show is really inconsistent with size. Sometimes they wanted to use buildings for cover, so the units were that size. Then they wanted units to hop over buildings, so they were that size. Then they had to have an interior shot and they wanted the right size contrast between the talking people and the entry plug, etc. etc.
>>
>>15716457
Well, the super robot genre (by which I mean the actual genre of "superhero robot") is inherently mecha, since super robot cartoons are always about the robot, or at least the MC's relation to it.
Gundam is generally credited with pioneering "real robot," and it definitely did things to change up the classic super robot formula, but I'd say it's still a mecha show since it is about the Gundam.
The shift in narrative in the 80s from superhero format to "drama with robot" format didn't do enough to make Macross, Zeta Gundam, or Gunbuster, for example, any less "mecha shows."
Evangelion might have done it. Even though the series has a strong super robot format and mostly follows it for a while, it's definitely more character drama than mecha anime. Not unacceptably so, I think; but considering how it influenced mainstream anime at the time, I'd say it's a relatively safe bet to assume, as a general rule, that if it's made after eva and not a super robot show, it's probably not what you're thinking of.
>>
>>15716773
True, but the official size is 80 meters.
>>
File: Eva-01RebuildHeightScale_01.jpg (142KB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
Eva-01RebuildHeightScale_01.jpg
142KB, 1000x815px
>>15716934
There was no official size given in the original series, aside from a rough size for the SRW scale. The actual official scale was made for Rebuild.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.