[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: gundam_009.jpg (21KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
gundam_009.jpg
21KB, 578x327px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>15713938
he is gunman
>>
File: living the dream.png (779KB, 1184x668px) Image search: [Google]
living the dream.png
779KB, 1184x668px
>>15713938
I think it's obvious.
>>
>>15713938
Setsuna is a religious fanatic.
Since he believes that he is the chosen messiah and that Gundam is God, he believes he is the incarnation of Gundam itself. His life is happening because Gundam seeks to set right all that is wrong with the world, therefore he is an extension of Gundam in the same way that Jesus is an extension of JHVH. He's really a LOT more deserving of the "Jesus" meme than Kira Yamato. Kira just gets derided from coming back from certain death (or rather, the two times the staff tricked idiots into thinking they'd killed the main character). People also cry about his moral infallibility, but he actually fucks up a LOT despite his hyper-competent status. Setsuna, on the other hand, actually believes he's an avatar of a higher power who's been sent by Gundam to save everyone from human nature and guide us to a perfected world.
>>
>>15714128
Doesn't he say that more to himself than to other people because Gundam is what he wants to be? In a symbolic sense, not that he actually wants to be a robot, though he probably wouldn't mind. I don't think he thinks of himself as some kind of messiah, he just aspires to be a better person as Setsuna than he was as Soran.
>>
File: Mission-from-God.png (568KB, 1094x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Mission-from-God.png
568KB, 1094x1062px
>>15714178
>not that he actually wants to be a robot
He doesn't say "I want to be a robot", he says "I AM GUNDAM".
A statue in the image of Buddha is called "a Buddha", a mobile suit in the image of Gundam is called "a Gundam". It's not about the robot itself, but about the divine concept that the robot represents to him.
>>
>>15714128
>>15714178
I think you are both right. S1 he is more the religious fanatic and by S2 he's realized that the Gundam is no God but that his actions can shape the world for better.
>>
>>15714216
I agree. >>15714128 just sounded to me like Setsuna was somewhat delusional and totally full of himself to see himself as better than other humans, which I don't think he believes. Except maybe in some cases like Ali.
>>
>>15713938
If nena wanted his dick she should have cosplayed as exia
>>
File: Elssetsuna.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elssetsuna.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15713938
In Setsuna mind
Gundam = God, good, justice, end of wars,power to save mankind
when he says hes the Gundam he actually means he is/or is becoming all good god of justice conflict finisher and savior of world, which ends up being true, he literally ends up like a god like being, One with Gundam to the point it can be said he surpassed Gundam and all its meaning in AD.
>>
File: 1411361857332-0.jpg (120KB, 1100x366px) Image search: [Google]
1411361857332-0.jpg
120KB, 1100x366px
>>15713938
No, you are Zaku!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.