[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 0083

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1474634413106.jpg (82KB, 570x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474634413106.jpg
82KB, 570x800px
It's a technical wonder, and while Nina's characterization is erratic, it doesn't undermine the action scenes or Gato and Kou's awesome rivalry. So why is it widely considered inferior to 08th MS Team?
>>
>>15712916
08th MS showed the fight of an MS Team during the War, while 0083 showed how incompetent the Federation really was.

Nina is a big part of why it's considered "inferior". And how stupid of a pilot Kou was.

In my opinion, the characters were a big part of why 08th is so loved. They were different, but worked well together. Even Shiro, after wanting to just "disable" the enemy suits.

The show even gave Shiro and Aina a happy ending.
>>
>>15713839
shiro's plot armor makes any of the fights a joke
>>
They're both shit compared to either War in the Pocket or Turn A
>>
>>15712916
>So why is it widely considered inferior to 08th MS Team?
Is there anyone who really conceptualizes it that way? 08th and 0083 are very different shows with very different focuses. Honestly, I'd probably compared 08th to 0080 before I compared it to 0083.

>>15713839
>while 0083 showed how incompetent the Federation really was.
Corrupt, really. So much of Stardust was facilitated by upper echelon Feddies that it's difficult to say that the regular guys fucked up.
>>
>>15713880
>nu male taste
>>
>>15713884
>nu
>war in the pocket is older than either OVAs
>>
Try to describe Kou's personality without using the word 'carrot'
>>
>>15712916
Because of insecure cucks who can't handle Nina.
>>
>>15712916
Pretty much entirely the story. The animation, ost, designs, everything is top notch, but the script just lets its all down.
Not only are the characters nonsensical at times, and the ending a complete 'fuck you' to the audience, but the pacing was off too.

It started out pretty strong (not counting how Gato literally just walks up to the GP02 and takes it) and had a good sense of urgency as they chased Gato. But once they took off into space it's all kinds of down hill.

I'll still never understand why there was that wasted time in the middle about some disabled guy building a mobile armor. Or how literally in between episodes Nina and Kou start to have a thing. Woulda been nice to see that more on screen instead of the disabled guy that I just met and for some reason am expected to care about.
>>
>8th ms
>better than any OVA
Let me guess, it was your first Gundam series
>>
>>15712916
>why is it widely considered inferior to 08th MS Team?

Show me 10 people who think this.
>>
>>15713963
>obsessed with Gundam/mobile suit technical specs
>no experience with women and afraid to ask Nina out on a date

/m/ Anon
>>
08th MS Team comes out feeling like a Hollywood war story. Hero gets girl, stops giant robot, lives happily ever after despite losing a leg. Plus his plot armor allows him to do some crazy stuff and his machine is closer to a grunt suit, making him more a regular guy.

0083 is more difficult. The Federations corruption is shown reaching into the highest ranks while we're shown Zeon troops loyal to their cause years afterwards while committing the same atrocities they did during the OYW AFTER the show opens up flying over the aftermath of one of their colony drops, so it's hard to cheer for either side since they both suck. And in the end, it's a story about people's obsessions blinding them to the bigger picture. In the end, it's more a tragedy and it's ending sets the stage for later conflicts within the universal century. It's a more bitter pill to swallow, and when I see people saying F91 and Victory should be retconned out because they
"ruin" the happy ending of Unicorn they like I can't help but feel people want something sweeter when they follow an anime.
>>
>>15714594
That's a really good way to describe it, anon. Never thought of it that way.
>>
File: Ms-era-p021.jpg (310KB, 1200x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-era-p021.jpg
310KB, 1200x1480px
>>15712916
It's pretty but the story is bad. Same deal as Unicorn.

08th MS Team is, from the ground up, a strong concept that makes up for how bland the characters can be.

>>15714594
The appeal of 08thMS to me was that the scenarios were actually fun and engaging. The setting/mechs/cinematography were grounded enough that it felt more like a war story, and not detached and fantastic like Zeta Gundam.

Also, space combat is almost always boring as shit compared to ground stuff. Stardust and Unicorn had the best spaceshit in the series though.
>>
>>15714200
+1 here.
>>
>>15714594
>F91 and Victory should be retconned out because they "ruin" the happy ending of Unicorn
It doesn't though, Zeon and the Federation finally have peace. It's those stupid fucking faggots from Jupiter that are the problem in the future
>>
>>15712916
Why does 0083 characters always grit their teeth? Are they constipated or something?
>>
>>15713839
>08th MS showed the fight of an MS Team during the War
That's only the concept. It was executed poorly, and even ruined by the romance subplot.
>>
>>15712916
Stop posting this thread
>>
>>15714676
well there was that incident with the mars zeon in the f90 manga
hopefully we can get Advance of Zeta Re-Boot: Gundam Inle translated so that we can learn more about them
>>
>>15714720
>Why does 0083 characters always grit their teeth?

It's either gritting or shouting.
Hotbloodedness and "muh Zeon ideals" doesn't leave much space for anything else.
>>
>>15712916
Mainly nostalgia of people been able to watch it on Toonami in the afternoon. Stardust got the early Adult Swim treatment, so its not so widely remembered. Both are pretty much the same, great MS design, great action, both sabotaged by subpar character development and a hideously shoehorned romance subplot.
>>
>>15716763
Hey, Mars Zeon is pretty much our only shot at getting any future late-UC at this point, the nip capacity for Zeonwank exceeds all known boundaries.
>>
>>15713878

As opposed to Aina or Norris?

>>15713883

> So much of Stardust was facilitated by upper echelon Feddies that it's difficult to say that the regular guys fucked up

Stardust was mostly down to Basque Om and maybe a handful of other commanding officers in the EFSF, not any Federation heads of any kind. Even then Basque was presumably not leading the EFSF, because he wouldn't need a conspiracy to empower him if he already had power in the first place.

>>15714594

> he can do some crazy stuff
> this makes him more of a regular guy

That aside, 08th Team was quite generous with the plot armor because it veered toward extravagant action despite the apparently grounded setting it tried to present and characters need plot armor to execute and survive that kind of action.

> Federation corruption is shown reaching into the highest ranks

No, it isn't. If it reached the highest ranks then Basque wouldn't need to mastermind a conspiracy to grasp power at all. ZZ gives a much clearer view of high ranking Federation corruption.

>>15714676

Jupiter has nothing to do with F91. And no, them being the villains in Crossbone doesn't change that, because Crossbone uses both a different setting and different villains than F91, it just happens to reuse some of the same cast in new roles.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.