[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kidou Senshi Gundam Giren no Yabou Axis no Kyoui V - ENGLISH PROJECT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 5qV7upt.png (80KB, 955x539px) Image search: [Google]
5qV7upt.png
80KB, 955x539px
So they managed to translate G GEN OVERWORLD but the game I am really intent on getting hacked to English is GG Threat of Axis... this was PS2 and PSP... does anyone have experience getting the basics down on modding the game assets?
>>
JESUS CHRIST GATCHAN
HOW MANY YEARS HAS IT FUCKING BEEN?
ALL THIS TIME YOU COULD HAVE LEARNT THIS SHIT ON YOUR OWN
YOU COULD HAVE TAUGHT YOURSELF JAPANESE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE
>>
>>15714106

Is Gatchan someone who wanted this as well?
>>
>>15710558
I'm currently playing this. I've got the Titans cornered at Gryps as Gihren's Zeon.

I just use the google translate app on my tablet.
>google translate

It actually works well when you take the picture first and then translate. Even if some of the translation is lost to a bad quality picture, you can still understand what's going on, but mostly the translations are decent.
>>
>>15716250
He was some poor idiot who had no idea how hard translation and ISO/ROM hacking worked, and would frequently post search results from page 1 of googling "how to xxx" whenever people mentioned hitting roadblocks for game translations.
>>
>>15716489
Is that the AR app that they were showing off a while back? How does it cope with menus?
>>
>>15716489
>>15716803
It works fine as long as you can get a clear picture of the text. Personally the problem is that it can get time consuming to try and play a game that way
>>
>>15716803
Like >>15717271 said as long as you get a clear picture and let the camera focus in you can usually get a good read. I learned what the menu buttons do mostly through pure trial and error, but there is ab english wiki for this game that helps out a lot.

http://girensgreed.wikia.com/wiki/Giren%27s_Greed_Wiki
>>
Been watching some YouTube LPs of this game and I'm interested in picking it up. Any recommendations between the PS2 and PSP version? Thinking psp might run better on my shitty laptop.
>>
>>15717496
I have the PSP version on my desktop and it runs like a charm. My PC can't even play Rust very well.
>>
>>15717496
I have a toaster that stutters when playing GBA games, and it can run Gihren's Greed mostly fine. It's a bit slow without frameskip, and the sound is a tiny bit messed up as a result, but it works.
>>
>>15717553
ppsspp is coded with magic
>>
>>15717553
PPSSPP is literal magic, of course it does.
>>
>>15710558

as badly as I want to see the what if scenarios play out. I know this game is boring as fuck to actually play through.
>>
I played in Japanese a few times but god damn there's just too much story dialog
>>
>>15718755
It generally picks up once you get into the mid game. Some of the massive fleet battles that start to happen later on are quite enjoyable to play. Some of the scenarios from Blood of Zeon also give some interesting circumstances to fight in.
>>
If you're intent on doing this, you need to learn the basics and probably should . . . contact the people who have done similar feats?

The primary reason we've been given by Aeon and other translators for games is that so much of the text is hardcoded into the game, and the character count when changed is going to cause a huge stir when you really just need a few menus memorized to get through the game.
>>
File: 113.png (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
113.png
29KB, 200x200px
Yeah, I'm currently playing Shin Gihren No Yabou on PPSPP. I just... I can't do it.

Be it on Hard or Easy, I can't manage to get rolling smoothly. On Hard, I mass produced the Gyan and got deadlocked into space, forced off of Earth.

On Easy I can take Odessa easy, obviously, but for whatever reason I simply cannot take New Yark. No matter how many reinforcements I send.

Brutally punishing.
>>
>>15723665
It's because you're choosing the wrong team.
>>
File: Zeon-or-Bust.gif (28KB, 221x248px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon-or-Bust.gif
28KB, 221x248px
>>15723678
>>
>>15723683
You can rewrite history no matter how much you want to, just accept it.
>>
>>15723687
Gr8 b8, gravitron
>>
>>15723665
Shin Gihrens whole gameplay system [Being based heavily off the original Sega Saturn version] makes the initial Earth drop for Zeon an absolute nightmare on modes above easy. The central issues with the invasion being...

1. The time needed to actually get more units into Earths orbit to drop them takes far to long.
2. Enemies being allowed to produce mid-base attack completely screws up any strategies outside of a quick blitz from the get go, which can completely screw you if luck if not on your side.
3. The 3-man unit system from every other game is gutted for a 1-man unit system for everything. This basically makes many of the games units completely junk and takes what used to be actual junk in battle [Depp-Rogg rushing is now viable in Shin Gihren, unlike every other game]
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.