[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question, how many different sets of English subs are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Serious question, how many different sets of English subs are there for Evangelion TV?
>>
>>15709186
I can think of the ADV VHS subs, I think they redid them for the first DVDs.
There's also some scripts by "WADA Mitsuhiro".

iirc there were fansubs as it aired, too. Not sure if the scripts for those are floating around anywhere.
>>
>>15709274
They're actually the easiest to find. If you look up "eva [episode] transcript" you'll get some site from '96 with really, really awkward and stilted translation.
>>
>>15709186
Serious question, which one is worse?

>Evangelion

or

>Gundam Felcher Menstruation Blooded?
>>
>>15709514
yeah those are those ones I was thinking of, I guess more than WADA worked on them.
>>
Did people who encoded the BD use the ADV subs, edit them or do it themselves? I think I remember reading something like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
I just watched it dubbed.
>>
>>15709547
The answer is you.
>>
>>15709547
IBO is so much worse than eva it's not even a question.
>>
>>15713814
IBO was more fun than Eva, actually.
>>
>>15713862
actually no
>>
>>15709927
here's your (you)
>>
>>15709855
EG's encode probably did because she usually likes to stick with the closest to official subs as possible.
>>
File: 1357686933254.gif (2MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1357686933254.gif
2MB, 193x135px
>>15709514
http://www.animanga.com/scripts/textesgb/eva26.html
>I have nothing to say. Eva#26 the final Episode was a collage of
grafiti, and a collection of the words of the cult or sect leaders.
"The instrumentality of man project" was nothing but a brainwashing.
>I have a good suggestion for those who read this scrit. Replace the
name "Shinji" with "GAINAX", and replace "Eva" or "pilotting Eva" with
"The making of Evangelion", the resultant script will completely make
sense.
>Now that it is obvious that the making of Evangelion itself has been
the excuse to make Evangelion, after all.
>>
>>15713862
>eva
>fun
wot
If want a fun show watch build fighters
>>
>>15713925
I watch anime to be entertained. Gunbuster was fun, Eva was not.
>>
>>15713941
If good story telling cant entertain you then maybe you should wait till you turn 18 before you post
>>
>>15714025
>eva
>good story telling
Literally nothing gets resolved in the end, though. EoE was half about getting Shinji into the robot and half about him going into sperg euphoria while the world ended. Sure its masked in pseudo-science and religious symbolism but that doesn't cover up the fact that motives are ambiguous and the main cast is highly reactionary meaning a clear plot thread is never visible. It says a lot that years later the only thing people discuss about the show is waifus, which is really what brought it to the forefront of anime initially.
The ending of the manga was superior, actually. It may have been cliche but I think it conveyed the message a bit better.
>>
File: 1410352442288.jpg (104KB, 1280x268px) Image search: [Google]
1410352442288.jpg
104KB, 1280x268px
Anyone interested in a release of the TV broadcast episodes from the archive dvds?

>>15713902
Which of the 3? Use ADV subs, edit them, or TL?
>>
>>15713941
pretend it ends halfway through. early episodes are fun
>>
>>15714025
>Eva
>Good story telling
Even TTGL, which was very lackluster outside of the fights scenes and the tits had better story telling than Eva:
-The motivations of each character is clear
-The plot moves along at a relatively good rate and we don't have to wait for literal episodes for something to happen
-The main character, while somewhat annoying, isn't a complete twat

Hell, out of all of Gainax's work I think Eva is one of the worst in terms of story telling. Even Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water had better story telling than Eva, with all of it's pointless filler. At least they don't add the filler until you're completely invested in the show. Not to mention how it literally is the most hard-to-decipher of all of Gainax's works:
-Gunbuster was an homage to a 1970s tennis manga and was about a girl overcoming her limits to protect the Earth from space bugs
-Nadia:The Secret of Blue Water was an homage to Jules Vernes' work 20,000 Leagues under the sea and was about the spirit of exploration, seeking out the unknown and how we all live on the same planet
-FLCL was a Bildungsroman with mecha and thus was about growing up, physically and mentally
-TTGL was basically FLCL all over again, but this time with bigger mechas and bigger tits and a bit more drama
-Gunbuster 2 was an homage to the original and shares basically the same story traits and message
After watching Eva for the 2nd time and watching EoE as well, I honestly have no clear idea what it's about because the story, the characters and the focus goes all over the place during the course of the series. Even the contemporaries of Eva like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun were more consistently good with their plots, characters, focus and character development than Eva. I don't hate Eva at all for this really, I think it's wayy overrated compared to Gainax's other works. I haven't read the manga, but if it's better I'll look at it some time.
>>
>>15716059

They were making it up as they went along and it shows.

Ok so Angels come from Adam and humans come from Lilith! I think I understand.

Wait, humanity is an angel too? sea of balsac? which evas have a mommy soul again? what's with that plot device spear?? fugg :DD
>>
>>15716202
I wonder how many fanboys contemplated suicide when it came out that the creators said it was all fluff.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.