[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with this piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (109KB, 416x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 416x467px
What went wrong with this piece of shit?
>>
>>15707880

not a damn thing, summerfag
>>
File: 1396158377613.gif (52KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1396158377613.gif
52KB, 150x150px
Nothing
>>
>>15707880
why don't you state your own criticisms and we can work off those
>>
>>15707880
It was just as bad as gunbuster.
>>
>>15707912
It was absolutely cringe lolsorandom shit with moeshit protagonist
>>
>>15707921

yeah that's what I thought
>>
It was great.
>>
>>15707921
Throw in a few more buzzwords
>>
>>15707880
Shitposters
>>
>>15707880
Nostalgiafags who hate on Diebuster for being a super robo show with a cute girl for an MC, and then turn around and praise Gunbuster.
>>
>>15708026
Is that why you think people like Gunbuster? Because uhh...yeah, not really. I'd compare Gunbuster, and the reason people enjoy it, to 50's scifi. It's not "hard" scifi, but it plays with some interesting ideas in telling its story and has some weight to it. Read old Heinlein or Asimov and you get similar ideas, where you take time dilation or the idea that twins can communicate through time and space and add drama.

Diebuster, on the other hand, is post-FLCL fluff. Its only really redeeming value, story-wise, is that it's connected to Gunbuster's finale. It's bouncy fun, but not really written for the audience to become invested in some of the characters who got an inexplicable amount of screen time.
>>
>>15707880

This is a better sequel to FLCL than the actual sequel to FLCL will be
>>
>>15708444
>Diebuster, on the other hand, is post-FLCL fluff.

This. While true, I appreciate Diebuster's wrap up of the Gunbuster tale.

The truth is that the meat of Diebuster was fantastic. Future state where Humanity has evolved to be a "threat" like the space monsters; current enemies who don't look like the enemies we've come to expect having seen Gunbuster; the reveal about what those enemies are and how they relate to Humanity's newly Evolved capabilities.

At any rate, the substance of Diebuster was wrapped up in FLCL over-the-top fluff. Zippy, Zaney antics of the MC sort of killed the immersion.
>>
>>15707880
Nono was less annoying rhan Noriko and the effects were better, /y/ne harder.
>>
>>15708444

Of course not, Gunbuster just throws us back to the times of Sumerian legends and myths, of giant iron people beating up alien bugs, of pubes and deaths and sickly coaches!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.