[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

File: maxresdefault.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
I mean character wise it already blown the fuck out of Unicorn but you fags will just keep sucking that show's cock for some reason.
>>
>>15703763
you sound uneducated
>>
>>15703763
Only losers like Unicorn.

AGE was for people who actually like mecha.
>>
>>15703769
>AGE was for people who actually like mecha
Isn't Unicorn mainstream mostly because of the main Gundam's design?
>>
>>15703776
The unicorn mode looks glorious but the concept is stupid. Why not just keep it on destroy mode all the time?
>>
>>15703763

It was insanely bad, because the plot was dumb as hell. We have gone over this literally countless times, but it's worth stating again that Asemu is a fucking idiot who should've been shoved to the back of a bus. Kio is really, really bad, but Asemu is a total fuckhead who almost managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Is someone trying to meme Age or something? This was the absolute nadir of the Gundam franchise. Ugly designs, shitty writing, incoherent plot, and the worse excesses of AUs. Why do you think G-Reco and IBO did everything they could NOT to be Age? Both shows literally went "Yeah, you know Age? Not like that."
>>
>>15703763
Story-wise it was stupid too.

>Oh no, living on Mars is killing us, we need to get off
>I know, let's make a mini-planet
>And let's use it as a death star and nuke Earth instead of using it as a colony
>>
>>15703808

Oh shit, I forgot about that! What's even dumber is that the villain did it on PURPOSE.

His plan was 'kill off the violent people, so only peaceful people will be left!' and he started WITH HIS OWN PEOPLE.
>>
File: banm160782.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
banm160782.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>15703805
>Ugly designs
I'll never understand people shitting on AGE's design, but defend this pile of horseshit abomination

>hey FA Unicorn was pretty cool so let's do it again except this time stick as many shields as possible as binders on the mech along with all those cannons and missile launchers

>>15703808
>>15703839
Yeah I'm only on the beginning of the third part but I do feel that the Vagan's motive from the beginning seems to be the stupidest thing about this show, even more than "Kira II" Kio.
>>
>>15703763
In hindsight it was a lot better than Iron Menstruation.
>>
>>15703788
And here I it was more than obvious thought they were purposely going for unicorn having a UC equivalent to G gundam hypermodes and 00 Trans Am mode.

Now here's a better question why did 00 name the super mode after an American car?
>>
File: 300.png (70KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
300.png
70KB, 300x169px
>>15703805
>implying Flit wasn't the main character you're rooting for the entire time
>>
>>15703808
>>15703839
Still better than finding a rock in space
>>
>>15703854
>I'll never understand people shitting on AGE's design, but defend this pile of horseshit abomination

I thought I was the only one. I can't stand the FAG or any of the overdone Thunderbolt designs. It's like something I would have made up when I was 12. "MORE WEAPONS, MORE SHIELDS!"
>>
>>15703788
Doesn't the NTD have a time limit?
>>
>>15703805
>This was the absolute nadir of the Gundam franchise.
You clearly haven't watched Destiny then.
>>
File: 1418928262478.png (166KB, 364x417px) Image search: [Google]
1418928262478.png
166KB, 364x417px
The entirety of AGE is one huge metaphor for the Gundam franchise as a whole and it's amazing how nobody managed to get the message.

>Flit is a representation of the old Gundam fan that refuses to accept the newer shows. The Age-1 is a design similar to the RX-78, and represents the UC timeline. Flit refuses to use use any machine beside this one, opting instead to polish it up and add new components like the Granza parts, these are meant to be the UC OVAs.

>The Vegans are the future of the franchise, a mix of dragons (old) with robots (new) to create something original and great. But Flit keeps preventing them from making it to Earth (new series from being produced and being successful)

>Kio is the younger Gundam fan, unburdened by past experiences with the franchise and having no set-in-stone preconceived notions or expectations of what Gundam "should be". He simply wants to enjoy the various Gundam series, and wants the franchise to continue into the future and exist harmoniously with the classic series, something which Flit keeps trying to prevent from coming into being. Initially influenced by Flit into only liking UC, (Age-3) he eventually gets a taste of AU series (Age-FX) and the boundless potential that Gundam has

>Asem, with his blonde hair, is the western Gundam fan. He has a pirate Gundam, much like how the western fan, until very recently, had to resort to pirating the franchise if he wanted to enjoy all it had to offer. Also like the western fan, he's also the best part of the show (fandom) and could be entirely removed without affecting anything.
>>
File: yes.png (133KB, 550x770px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
133KB, 550x770px
>>15703805
Completely ignoring the Cosmic Era, eh?
>>
File: 1496771766459.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496771766459.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>15703763
>you fags will just keep sucking that show's cock for some reason
Got damn, you salty
>>
>>15704037

But its true. I don't really defend AGE because it was indeed a flawed show but Unicorn is ridiculously popular and successful for a show with a lot of flashyness but little substance that has just as many flaws
>>
>>15703805
>designs
>bad
>>
>>15704020
I don't know if they intended this at all but it works.
>>
>>15703983
>Doesn't the NTD have a plot device?
Yeah it does, because afterwards it kills the user somehow... because...
>>
>>15704327

Holy shit. This is even worse than EXAM system driving people mad.
>>
>>15704364
You'd go insane if the newtype ghost of a cute girl went inside your head too
>>
>>15704364
At least that kind-of-sort-of made sense since your brain was being scrambled by a tortured newtype.

The NTD limit seemed kind of arbitrary and like they forgot about it later in the series anyway.
>>
>>15704364
It fries your brain if you're an oldtype. Newtypes and presumably cyber-newtypes are fine.
>>
>>15704327
Because it's the limiter unlock mode for a high spec mobile suit, you would've been dead from whiplash if it didn't lock you into a reclining posture first, you think the stresses of abrupt high g maneuvers while your brain is used as a newtype detection sensor is going to be anything but body-wrecking if left to go for prolonged periods of time?

The NT-D paradoxically relies on a flimsy fleshbag yet is at the same time too powerful for a fleshbag to safely pilot without either a ton of training or getting pumped full of who knows what kind of drugs, it's dangerous for physical reasons first and foremost, before you even get into the part where the frame is made of voodoo bullshit that can convert thought into physical force.

Tldr: Destroy Mode is legit not good for the plot's health over long periods of time.
>>
>>15703763
AGE was a show filled with interesting concept and ideas but horrible execution.
>>
>>15704402

Yeah, it does sound like just a plot device with nothing to its name.

I mean, at least universal century never had any issues with the MS being fitted with enough safety measurements so the MS are safe to use even at top performance and suddenly we have unicorn being 2 fast/powerful 2 furious to handle.

Even the poster child of going beyond the limits Zudah was more about the unit being unable to handle its maximum output than about the pilot being crushed by the G forces, and that's despite technology back then was rather primitive.
>>
>>15704546
>Zudah redlining is the same as going 2fast

The Zudah had the problem of its own engine being a point of failure for the design. The Unicorn series' point of failure is THE PILOT ITSELF, because yes it really is that 2fast2furious when put through its paces. One of the earliest scenes in the first OVA episode shows the test pilot being winded by the shit Cardeas has him doing for the RX-0's shakedown tests, and that was flying it in Unicorn mode wherein the pilot has active control of the machine unlike NT-D's typical red frame hunter-killer mode.

It's a basic concession to real world physics (inb4 the "mecha is unrealistic" defense is employed, that's completely irrelevant to still having some aspects of realism in order to craft a believable setting even as said setting engages in space Jedi voodoo) to respect that g forces exist in gendum, this isn't something like Macross where they get rid of the stuff by inventing superscience to selectively ignore physics.

That said, to draw from Macross, consider the Unicorn to be in a way similar to the yf-21, both high spec machines able to utilize a mind-machine interface that permits performance to be pushed to such an extreme that it can become legitimately harmful to the pilot. 2fast2furious and all that.

That said I think it would've been interesting to find out that exposure to the psychoframe over extended periods of time causes some form of mental damage, like it gives you super alzheimer's or some shit.
>>
>>15704304
>that has just as many flaws
At least AGE's characters have their own charm and defining traits and not just a borefest or a lump of shitty writing like Unicorn's.
I dare you to say that that faggot Riddhe is better than any of AGE's characters, except for like maybe, the main heroines.
>>
>>15704611
One example is the Blue Destiny reboot manga. When BD-1 goes berserk its maneuvering nearly kills the pilot and probably permanently cripples her.
>>
>>15703862
What if they named it after the Racing series the car was named after?
>>
File: cb.jpg (68KB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
68KB, 480x370px
IBO was such a disgusting turdpile that AGE seemed like a masterpiece in comparison.
>>
>>15703763
>>15703769
>>15703776
>>15703788
>>15704327
Just because you're shitting on Unicorn doesn't make you fit in.
>>
>>15703776
The unicorn gundam has two modes: boring and neon boring. It is by far THE worst protag mobile suit out of any MSG series, rivaled only by barbatos. It blows my mind how so many like this garbage design.
>>
AGE has a very uninspired Flit arc, amazing Asemu arc, pretty good first half of Kio arc and godawful second part of Kio arc. All things considered, it is more than SEED, Destiny, Try, Unicorn or IBO can offer.
>>
>>15703788
When Unicorn was being serialized it was a neat reveal, until you realized Destroy mode is the stupidest fucking design in any part of UC that pretends to take itself remotely seriously. It's a fucking EW design, including having a Buster Rifle for no discernible reason.

>>15703854
What if I hate most of the designs in both, then what faggot? Most of the Federation MS in AGE look like goddamn Mega Bloks instead of giant robots, and for every attractive Vagan thing you get a Magilla Gorilla, Gurdolin, or a super lazy recolour with a new name.
>>
>>15705890
the all white mode is one of the better gundumb designs.
>>
>>15703763
Not that big a fan of AGE itself but Memory of Eden is my jam.
>>
>>15705942
lumpy and unfinished. looks more like a piece of alien technology than something robotic and threatening.
>>
Why does everybody praise the Asemu arc so much? Flit arc was not that bad outside of Yurin's death out of nowhere for plot purposes
>>
>>15705890
I genuinely like the destroy mode
>>
File: 1499938018518.jpg (40KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
1499938018518.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
>>15704327
The NT-D (Newtype Destroyer) mode is hard locked within 5 minutes. this is because, it basically downloads a piloting manual to the pilots' head. the constant stream of data to the pilot's head is very strenuous so it is very dangerous past 5 minute mark.

while it makes the pilot have complete manual control on the Unicorn, it basically teaches the pilot how to become Amuro Ray permanently, so the pilot becomes good even after the NT-D mode. Just look at Banana, episode 1, he was just brute forcing the Unicorn to destroy the enemies. By episode 5, he can go toe-to-toe with Banshee even in Unicorn mode, thats a big jump in piloting skill even just sortieing in 6 times.

NT-D mode (Newtype Drive) mode has no time limits.
>>
>>15703805
And G-Reco ended up as the worst Gundam series of all time.
>>
File: 1498956497856.jpg (91KB, 682x709px) Image search: [Google]
1498956497856.jpg
91KB, 682x709px
>>15704383
Cyber-newtypes are ok. Marida was ok when she piloted the Banshee in Destroy mode for some time
>>
File: Rx0uc-ova.jpg (34KB, 275x499px) Image search: [Google]
Rx0uc-ova.jpg
34KB, 275x499px
>>15704402
Unicorn Gundam: Thrust (destroy mode): 142600kg

Sinanju: Thrust: 128600 kg

While Sinanju is short of 20000kg of thrust compared to Unicorn, it is still no slouch on speed.

Remember that Full Frontal is using Sinanju without wearing a pilot suit, so, its a BIG NO, Unicorn Gundam speed is not the one that kills the pilot.

What kills the pilot is the data overload that Unicorn feeds to the pilots brain when its in NT-D mode.
>>
>>15706005
Yurin's death is a standard trope in Gundam. You could see it coming a mile away.
>>
>>15706265
That's a delta of 20k-kg of thrust tho, and more importantly Full Frontal had full control of his Sinanju at all times; knowing what you're about to do goes a long way in not killing yourself from whiplash, and the Unicorn kinda goes off on its own in Destroy.

Plus I don't recall FF doing much beyond straight line blitzes at speed, while the Destroy Unicorn would abruptly change heading during combat maneuvers, as seen in its characteristic squiggly light trails in the OVA.

Just saying.
>>
>>15706293
I was saying it came too suddenly, not about the death itself happening. Especially when the girl had appeared in the first few eps and then just disappeared for a while without anybody giving a shit.
>>
File: DFLuYYtV0AAJz_F.jpg orig.jpg (531KB, 2048x1426px) Image search: [Google]
DFLuYYtV0AAJz_F.jpg orig.jpg
531KB, 2048x1426px
>>
File: 1500160090789.png (239KB, 709x591px) Image search: [Google]
1500160090789.png
239KB, 709x591px
>>15706305
Sinanju does do flips and fancy maneuvers, just watch ep2 and 5.

He only does straight speed against Unicorn since he can't shake him off, and can't out-maneuver him. but against the Rezels, he does the pretty flips and quick zig-zags.

and still, 12000kg thrust is still backbreaking speed, and Full Frontal does it without a pilot suit.

Its the huge amounts of data being downloaded to the pilots brain that is killing the pilot
>>
>>15706312
Age never really overcame its weakness in pacing.

The first arc was a good attempt but efforts slid down in subsequent episodes. I thought Shanalua was going to play the spy for much longer.

>>15705946
This was the scene that had me blinking. How come the Dorado's beam sabres behaved like solid rods against the Swordia's blade?
>>
>>15706091
You'd have to be literally retarded to think this is true.
>>
>>15705890
I'm not a huge fan of it but Gunpla sales figures seem to disagree with us.

I think other Unicorn suits like the Jesta, ReZel and Geara Zulu are a lot cooler.
>>
>>15706312
Still done a lot better than Lalah Sune. Seriously, she was only in it for two episodes and they made a big deal about a very short lived character.
>>
>>15706315
5th?
>>
>>15706384

Not that guy, but I found G-Reco to be completely incomprehensible as a series. I tried for four episodes, and then I realized I didn't understand anything. Something about the characters showed a fundamental disconnect from reality. It was like a show written by a literal alien.

I mean, in IBO, characters were acting on motivations that made sense. Sure, I was constantly cheering for Gjallhorn, but I at least understood what the protagonists were trying to do. As you can tell, I was very, very happy by the end of S2.
>>
>>15703808
And they decide to keep their colony parked by Mars and its deadly rays for 100 years before realizing they can just move it away.
>>
>>15703763

Have you ever even seen a Unicorn thread here? People shit on it constantly, for numerous reasons across the entirety of production. Including this very thread.

>>15703864

He isn't. You can certainly argue he's the main character taking the show as a whole, but he's demonstrably not the main character during either Asemu or Kio's arc. The first clue being that those sections of the story are commonly referred to by someone else's name. He's no longer the POV character, we don't follow his story and other characters get more screentime; therefor he's not the main character the entire time.

>>15703990
>>15704035

Or they have a different opinion on what makes a show bad.

>>15704020

People were pointing out similar messages during the show's airing; you are by no means the first person to point it out. I do think you pointing out mechs as representing the new in a mech franchise is funny though.

>>15705281

Riddhe is more interesting than any of AGE's characters. His character is defined by his mental image of himself clashing against reality and not being the man he thinks of himself as or wants to be and he takes it out on Banagher, who not only is the man he wants to be but gets the girl he wants in the process too. AGE has a few interesting characters, at least in concept, like Flit, but even they're mishandled and badly executed. Most of Flit's growth happens off screen between generations, while you only get a reason for why he's changed at most during the actual show and don't get to see most of the change. Many of the things he does serve no purpose (like purging the Federation of Vagan spies), the show failed to convery aspects of his character to it's own design (they had to put him at his son's wedding in an audio CD because the show made it look like he was never there) and the resolution to his arc is completely unsatisfying and geniunely comes across as him being mind-controlled in to a new course.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.