[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started this, how many episodes can I skip until it gets good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: basara-eyecatch.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
basara-eyecatch.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
I just started this, how many episodes can I skip until it gets good?
>>
>>15703555
Starts good and stays good.

You can skip to when they wake up some space monsters if you don't like good stuff.
>>
>>15703555
It's good the whole time unless you're bored by the adventures of a space rock band or bothered by stock footage
>>
>>15703566
The stock footage looks great the first couple of episodes, it would only get annoying later.

I will also admit I fucking love stock footage. I don't know why, I just do. There's just something really satisfying about seeing a character do the same attack or pose every episode. G Gundam's spandex shit got me hype, because both theme songs were great and the characters struggling to put it on was cool I guess. The ass shot was just cheeky
>>
anybody know where I can download this?
>>
>>15703578
Macross 7 isn't really even that bad of an example of stock footage, especially by the standards of 50 episode 90s and early 2000s robot cartoons.

And I can agree in certain instances because often shows that have a lot of stock footage will put effort into at least making stock footage sequences look good, but on the other hand the original animation can often look pretty bad if a show is low budget enough to need a lot of stock footage. Sometimes it really is better to just have nice looking stock footage. Not that M7 really had much that needed to look nice in animation. One of the benefits of focusing around an actual pacifist protagonist, I suppose
>>
Once they start driving around with boomboxes on top of cars to confuse space vampires it's good again.
>>
Once they get the gamma pod it gets good again.
>>
Why even bother watching something if you're going to skip episodes. If you want the "good" stuff just look at Youtube clips or read wikipedia
>>
Lots of 7 threads lately
>>
>>15703555
All of them.
>>
File: basara missiles.jpg (157KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
basara missiles.jpg
157KB, 640x480px
DIAAAAMOND CALLLING

YONDERU
>>
>>15703578

The issue is more that the stock footage used in M7 is really bland. It's generally just the same couple shots of generic units firing their guns.
>>
>>15703555
>Skip

why has it become so prevalent for people to just skip shit? Why has it gotten to the point were people can't watch a show without a flow chart
>>
NONE

LISTEN
To
His
SONG
>>
>>15704644
Dont forget the diamonds launching and basara playing his guitar in the valkyrie
>>
>>15703989
THAT'S MY RECOMENDATION
>>
>>15704646
People want the inclusiveness of being a fan of X but want this without actually partaking in X or the minimum X needed to be called "a fan".
>>
File: Mylene Basara.png (1MB, 1196x892px) Image search: [Google]
Mylene Basara.png
1MB, 1196x892px
>>15703555
Please don' skip any of them, you'll miss out on a lot of good moments

If you get bored by the re-used stock footage of VFs blowing up and if you are soulless enough to not like Basara's song, then I suggest pacing out your viewing to one or two episodes a day at maximum, optimally, watch one every three to seven days
>>
>>15707329
gotta get that Macross cheevo
>>
Skip the whole show. Easily the worst thing to come from the Macross franchise
>>
>>15707418
That's not Macross II or Delta.
>>
>>15704921
They didn't just reuse stock footage, they reused the same storyline for many of the episodes. Only changing the location of the fire bombers concert and the throw away side characters that show up.
>>
>>15707507
As much as I disliked Macross II when it went out, it's nowhere near as bad as Delta.
After watching Frontier and starting with Delta (which I left unfinished) I can't hate II as much as I used to.
>>
>>15704644

This. Stock footage of transformation scenes are fine because they add to the build up and hype. Stock footage of Valks shooting their auto canons used multiple times in one episode is just dull.
>>
>>15703996
>>
>>15707507
>>15709843
I've yet to get around to watching Delta. What's the thing that sticks in everyone's craw about that one?
>>
>>15713511
Wasted potential mostly (although you still get the few retards who insist that the music focus is ruining Macross). The first ten or so episodes are good, developing the plot and characters, having some nice VF action, and good songs. Then it just stalls into repeating the same enemy encounters, the characters don't do anything, recycled footage and there's a ton of useless infodumping before they just rush into the finale near the end and it has one of the most unsatisfying conclusions in Macross history outside of Zero.
>>
>>15713787
Zero's finale was much more satisfying. Peak protoculture magic bullshit AND a Monster!
>>
>>15713787
>and good songs
the sad thign is that the best song in the serie is Remember 16 in episode 11
>>
>>15713838

7 still probably has my favorite finale in the franchise.

I'M GOING TO MOVE IT! THE MOUNTAIN! THE GALAXY! LISTEN TO MY SONG!
That's a "fuck yeah!" moment right there
>>
>>15704644
Gaogaigar had multiple stock transformation sequences per episode and I don't remember too many people complaining about that.
>>
>>15713905
He never moved the mountain though.
>>
>>15716893
Do you know that? For sure?
>>
>>15716893

He moved its soul
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.