[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With there being literally fuck-all in terms of decent Mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1336026835204.jpg (166KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1336026835204.jpg
166KB, 900x900px
With there being literally fuck-all in terms of decent Mecha anime on these days, can anyone recommend me some decent fanfiction?

I'm almost positive that aside from ONE okay-ish "Tenchi Muyo except Heero's the MC" Gundam Wing fic, the fanfic recommendations for anything mecha-related on TV Tropes hasn't been touched in ages, and even then the average tropers' taste is shit.
>>
>>15700976
http://fanfiction.wikia.com/wiki/The_Worst_Christmas_Fic_Ever
>>
Why not read Clawshrimpy's GaoGaiGar fanfic?

I really hope shrimpy writes a new chapter of it someday. He even got a drawfag to make a fanart cover for him!

It's hillarious because the entire fanfic is basically one big "what if FINAL was good" delusion.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11037723/1/GaoGaiGar-The-Tribunal
>>
>>15701030
>>15701038
But I want to read something decent. Cheap laughs are nice, but sooner or later, my brain's gonna realize that shit is still shit.
>>
>>15701045
>fanfics
>decent
pick one.

fanfics exist for cheap laughs and making fun of autists
>>
>>15700976
I'd recommend reading Mecha Space Pirate quest over on /qst/. Its the qms own universe, but it has a lot of send ups to different series.
>>
>>15700976
I liked the Evangelion fanfic "Nobody Dies" when I was younger. No idea how it holds up, though.
>>
CLANG CLANG CLANG
>>
>>15701045
Just read normal books.
>>
>>15701146
piss off normie
>>
>>15701156
>normie
Kill yourself back to facebook.
>>
Gundam Origin/Thunderbolt
>>
>>15701116
It was half ok, and then the author went fucking nuts and the thing spiraled into lunacy. Eventually it got to the point where the author looked it over and went "yeah I kind of fucked myself over here" and they started rewriting it, but I think it's dead. Dunno, though. Haven't bothered to check recently. (and by "recently" I mean "within a few years")
>>
>>15701116
The "Ree" were a fucking mistake.
>>
>>15700976
There has never been a good fanfiction except Tails Gets Trolled
>>
>>15700976
In Tune is 7/10 Eva fic (theoretically crossover, but this doesn't really comes into play until epilogue).

Cold Calculus is 6/10 Cofe Geass fic by the same author (also theoretically a crossover, because it borrows shitton of characters from other series).

But both of those don't really focus much on mecha fights.
>>
File: 1497885491972.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497885491972.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>tfw want to write a Gundam AU but you're afraid no one will like it and you will become unloved cancer instead of just cancer
>>
SRW V got an official english release, try that maybe.
>>
>>15701116

It was good but showed why letting Spacebattles dictate most of the plot isn't a good idea, since the thing spiralled into nothing but memes and cheap gags. Rei and the Ree were probably the worst. While Rei being reimageined as in insane monsterous girl was interesting she quickly spiraled into doing nothing but spout random lines, memes and rape jokes.

He tried to backtrack by revealing that the last 6th or so of the story had been a literal dream everyone was having, but then decided to just start again with a remake which was also decent but never really got off the ground.

Since the fanbase is unpleasible someone's always bitching about something and Gregg would always lose his shit and have a breakdown whenever somebody critized it.Pretty sure he gave up on it.

Might have even quit the internet entirely since I haven't heard as peep out of him.
>>
>>15700976
I've been slowly going through Zeonquest for the last year or so, and it's pretty damn comfy.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Zeonquest
>>
>>15700976
Fanfiction is just shitty literature, anon. Read a book.
>>
>>15701643
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V4VxlsMuQ4&list=PL7CD71B5C7B5BCDC7&index=1
>>
Back when I craved more Eva, I enjoyed Children of an elder God (holy shit, I just found out they actually completed it) and neon Exodus evangelion. You actually get a lot of mecha mileage out of the fics by the same collective. Also I guess the one where shinji plays Warhammer is good too, but that was after my time.
>>
read mine
>>
>>15701171
Are you talking about the fanfic or the actual show?
>>
>>15702378

Gregg Landsman went even crazier than Anno.
>>
>>15701928
Do it anyway, Anon.
>>
If you have insomnia, then Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament should help you out.
>>
>>15700976
Always with this meme, huh
>>
Looks like it's time for OP to write that Fafner/Space Jam crossover the world has been waiting for
>>
>>15701928
Do it. What do you have to lose by writing it?
>>
>>15701116
What about Evangelion ReTake, I remember it being pretty decent, even though I'm not asukafag.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6553650/1/Gundam-SEED-Bloodlines

This is a really long, really detailed and well thought through fanfic of what if Kira and Cagalli switched places. Lots of PTSD, guilt, and worldbuilding, and complete. Previously unlikable characters like Flay are forced to face the consequences of their actions much more in then in the original show.
>>
>>15703650
Other then not having a great understanding of Rei, Re-Take is a excellent doujin/fanfic. It's popular for a reason. Supposedly even Asuka's Japanese VA has read it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.