[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who Carnage Heart here? Program robots to fight other robots.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 157997_front.jpg (109KB, 640x1100px) Image search: [Google]
157997_front.jpg
109KB, 640x1100px
Who Carnage Heart here?

Program robots to fight other robots. Emulates fine, also down to $20 on PSN if you're not a criminal.

please fight robots with me i'm so alone
>>
>>15700789
I used to play that

Never again - I still have multiple a5 sheets of paper somewhere I used to plot out the programs

Robot programming is a rabbit hole I don't plan to jump down again even if I did love the concept
>>
File: clip+(2017-07-18+at+03.59.37).jpg (169KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2017-07-18+at+03.59.37).jpg
169KB, 960x544px
>>15701165
Just one more robot, friend.

How bad could it be?
>>
>>15700789
I still haven't finished the tutorial
>>
>>15701281
It not that hard really anon ... just imagine a flow chart

for example: Is enemy bot on radar? if yes, turn towards enemy bot; if not walk forward

Each chip has a command - in the above example, chip one being scan, the yes branch being a turn chip (actually it'd be a directonal scan then movement, but for ease I'll put it as this) and the no branch being a movement chip set to forward

Theres more to it such as fine turning and so on, but thats the bare essentials the tutorial covers, the ai flowchart going from left to right towards the bottom; returning to the top when the chain is completed (so for the above examples no chain; it would move forward x distance then rescan for opponents)
>>
>>15701238
No, I will resist that digital, logical crack!
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-17+at+03.02.34).jpg (175KB, 976x602px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-17+at+03.02.34).jpg
175KB, 976x602px
>>15701281
Speaking of the tutorial/story, they focus hard on programming a manual OKE way more than they need to at the start. I guess it was a way to ease you into the concept of automating actions, but it gets excessive. Starting with the 8 way movement lesson, don't feel ashamed to use the sample programs if you don't feel like doing it manually. The meat of the game is the automated stuff anyway.
>>
>>15701320
How much real option do we have here? Can I make my robot a Gundam Fight type berserker that will prioritize finding and tracking and exclusively use melee attacks?
>>
>>15702028
The robots explicitly do only what you tell them to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQszLKvrPqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slq2GbGJgMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIguoiebec

So in short, yes , you could do that. There's a few body types that are specifically good at melee, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodE5cpJeLw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIiylyygh0
>>
>>15702069
This is one of those games that's tons of fun, but requires a lot of time investment and is very addictive, isn't it? I can easily see this being more addictive than even a G Generation game, because it's so much more interactive.
>>
There's a game like this in the PS2, called The Mechsmith Run=Dim. You train a pilot and he carries your orders (kinda like the first Digimon game on the PSX). Sadly, japanese only.
Also, it's based on the Run=Dim anime. I didn't even know such a thing existed.
>>
I got to the part where you have to fight three robot snakes at the same time and I gave it a rest. My programs show their age as they're just patches of the original inefficient one I made in the tutorial stages but making a whole new one from scratch is tough. Doesn't help that those robots are mean as shit and objectively better than my own.
>>
>>15702451
Plotting it on paper and pretending to be the mech helps anon...just take yourself through the steps of enemy locating and interception
>>
File: Carnage Heart.jpg (1MB, 1871x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Carnage Heart.jpg
1MB, 1871x1070px
the original mecha designs were cool
>>
Does this have an ISO out?
I don't have a PSP and I'm pretty sure it isn't on PSN.
>>
File: w1ELJbW.jpg (104KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
w1ELJbW.jpg
104KB, 480x272px
>>15703359
I mean that's pretty much exactly what they look like, just less detailed and grungy.

Art is pretty sweet, though. Rusty Nail a best.
>>
>>15703422
It's on PSN, playable on PSP or Vita.

Alternatively, first google result for "carnage heart exa iso" has working download, it's what I used.
>>
>>15703359
Good ol' Kow Yokoyama.
>>
Pretty intriguing concept.
How does the programming work exactly? You make it do certain things depending on certain conditions in a battlefield decisions level? So you make the AI act like how you would were you the pilot, like a "I know those moves!" simulator?

>>15703359
Cool designs, they look a bit Makoto Kobayashi-y.
>>
>>15703477
It's very programming-y. You don't say things like 'shoot this' or 'find a bad guy' but rather you create a logic base from which the actions are determined primarily using if/then/else operators. You might start out by simply telling it to check if it finds a target within range. If yes, then attack with a certain weapon based on the range. Then you might tell it to do certain maneuvers based on the target's speed or whether or not it's in the air. If it doesn't see a target then you might tell it to wander around, taking into account things such as walls/mines and having it maneuver as such. Of course you have three units at a time, one of which can be but does not have to be controlled directly by you, therefore you should obviously make a cool system in which the AI attempts to use the positioning of its allies to make strategic pushes, changing its strategies based on the number of units left, ammo remaining, and a myriad of other information that's up to you to utilize.

The tutorial is 6 hours long.
>>
>>15703489
>The tutorial is 6 hours long.
It's worth noting the tutorial is a series of lessons interspersed throughout a light visual novel thing, so it's not actually 6 hours of straight slogging through learning how to program, there's some animu story.

Actually understanding the programming is pretty easy, since it's very graphical/flowcharty, and you just slap down little chips rather than write any code. The tough part is when what you programmed doesn't work like you expected it to work because it follows your programming to a T.

For example, something like strafing around an opponent while keeping their back to a wall and avoiding the walls yourself probably comes as second nature when you're playing a game, but actually telling a robot to do that without having its other directives and movement commands overlap and conflict with eachother is significantly more difficult. On the other hand, you don't necessarily need to do something like that. It's entirely possible to succeed with a very simple but efficient AI. It's as tough as you want to make it.
>>
>>15700789
There's multiplayer?
>>
File: 1488932736339.png (266KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1488932736339.png
266KB, 665x574px
>>15700789
>>15702069
so wait you program robots to auto fight but you can also program 1 to control yourself also?
How well does that handle?
Can I end up making myself a manually controlled evasive close combat mech that controls well backed by sniper mechs or is it impossible for a player controlled mech to be that responsive vs a full ai one?
>>
>>15703546
The game has a feature that lets you export a team of robots as a file that other people can import into their game. Even easier to do if you're playing on an emulator, since the save folder is right there.

There is also adhoc multiplayer, but since battles are entirely automated unless you've got a manual OKE, you're probably better off just sharing files

>>15703646
I mean you could definitely do it, but it'll feel clunky. The game wasn't really designed to be played manually. That said, the human brain is a hell of a lot better at reacting based on multiple pieces of information than an OKE could ever be, so you'll probably just do well on context and timing alone. You could also do things like signal your OKEs to group up/spread out/focus on the target you're locked onto, by pressing certain buttons, but you might be running out of buttons as it is.

I've honestly never really tried it.
>>
File: c866134f35.jpg (160KB, 976x602px) Image search: [Google]
c866134f35.jpg
160KB, 976x602px
Worth noting that the game has voice acting, which is for some reason muted by default. Maybe they were too cheap to dub the game in english, but didn't want to scare people away with the japanese voices.
>>
>>15705843
>scare people away with the japanese voices.
I perfectly understand how and why that happens, but that's still a really amusing statement to me.
>GAH! A FOREIGN LANGUAGE!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.