[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: franchisesindecline.png (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
franchisesindecline.png
2MB, 1200x1600px
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>15698468
This will be hard, I haven't played or heard of anything on the left side or watched anything on the right side.
>>
>>15698468
>in decline
>implying that Pokemon and Gundam were ever good
>>
>>15698468
Black and White 2 was a good sequel, Destiny was shit.
>>
But BW and XY were amazing
>>
>Comparing the most challenging and unique pokemon game in forever to the absolute snorefest that is IBO
1/10 made me reply
>>
>>15698468
>Comparing BW to fucking SEED

I'm a little offended
>>
>>15698496
>SM
>Challenging
Are you one of the kids the game is actually made for?
>>
>>15698468
Saying that Seed is better than everything that came before is a bit strong, but I guess we're all entitled to our opinions.
>>
>>15698509
no pokemon is challenging, but sun/moon at least spiced up the badge collection with trials and islands.
>>
Emerald - Turn A
S&M should be G-Reco
>>
>>15698468
>Prove me wrong
I have no idea what you're even trying to say with that image. Collecting Gundams was kind of a thing in IBO but not AGE or SEED. Did Black/White have some kind of genetic engineering plotline? Didn't they already do that with Mewtwo? Is X and Y a three-generation story with plot issues?
>>
You're totally right, who gives a single fuck about anything after Crystal version?
>>
Talking solely in quality levels sure, especially XY and AGE which even both have "good ideas, terrible or no execution" going for them, reception is tripped up by BW
>>
>>15698468

B/W is more akin to Turn A if anything. More story focused, new spin on designs and worldbuilding and often teeters between being called the best or worst entry.
>>
>>15698468
Prove what wrong, OP failed the analogy section on his SAT?
>>
>>15698468
I haven't played Pokemon since Emerald.
>>
>>15698468
What point are you trying to make here?
>>
>>15698468
Haven't watched much Gundam, only IBO out of those three. But this pic implies that

>GundamSEED is the best show
Which isn't exactly the common opinion.
>AGE is still good but a stepdown from SEED
I thought most people hated age
>IBO is pretty good and better than Age but not as good as seed
Then Age must be fucking awful which means both the third and second are wrong because IBO wasn't good.
>>
>>15698567
SM are good though, and designed as video games.
>>
Aren't all Pokemon games the same ? Save for the graphics maybe ?
>>
>>15698861
Different mons, mon.
>>
>>15698861
Not really, there tends to be mechanical overhaul with each gen, or at the least I can vouch for each gen for the first four gens having enough about their battle systems being revised that claiming they're the same would be like insinuating Street Fighter 1 through 4 are all the same game because Ryu has his fireball, DP and tatsu all across those entries.

But yes, Pokémon is fundamentally the same concept now as since its inception, capture and trade mons and compete in child friendly cock fighting. But it's a gross simplification to denounce it as being just the same game over and over again, to be fair.

PS: fuck Azalea town.
>>
>>15698940
None of the changes made to the battle system really significantly affected how the game is played. It changed competitive metagame, for sure, but why would someone there for the single player experience give a fuck about gen 2's physical/special split or gen 4's attack reclassification? Being games designed for children, they're too easy for that to matter.
>>
>>15698509
SM is pretty challenging (for a Pokemon game) if you use a set team. Which is what most normal kids do. Fags that just catch whatever is strong against their opponent before taking it on have no right to call any Pokemon game easy honestly. Of course it's easy if you go in with an advantage. AI was a lot better, most Totem's are beasts when you don't have what they're weak to, and Lusamine is hell if you don't have a good fairy counter or a fire-type. SM had a bit too much story for a game series that was once about exploring, but as a game it really stepped up from XY's baby-tier difficulty. Not to mention most of the SM mons were average, making the game even harder if you tried to use them.
>>
>>15699043
>Fags that just catch whatever is strong against their opponent before taking it on have no right to call any Pokemon game easy honestly. Of course it's easy if you go in with an advantage

Heaven forbid someone bring a Fighting type pokemon to a Normal type gym.

Judging a game based on self-imposed challenges and limited play styles is plain asinine.
>>
>>15699081
SM is super hard.
You just can't save, can't heal, can't use more than three pokemon, can't use items, and you can't use super effective attacks.
>>
>Implying that B/W2 are the same level of trash that destiny is
Quite the opposite
>>
>>15698468
So you're saying that Gundam SEED is god tier?
>>
>>15699099
He's saying BW are mediocre games with an autistic fanbase that's so clouded by nostalgia they don't know any better. But this also implies that SEED has a great sequel that's better than the original, which is simply not true.
>>
>>15698695
>SM are good though
Did I stutter?
>>
>>15698468
X and Y were actually good so no.
>>
>>15698474
Then why are you here?
>>
HGSS/GS is Zeta
>borrowed everything from the original and built upon it
>best designs
>features characters from original
>good music
>>
>>15698468
I think the only correct comparison is the Megaman comparison ones. Can anybody repost it?
>>
>>15699004
It's still disingenuous to claim it's all the same shit, though.

I'd actually say gen 4's changes are the point I became more conscious of move choices, and I wouldn't consider myself competitive in the slightest. Up until then I never really understood the atk/sp.atk split, other than that FRLG had a help page that'd sum up the otherwise arbitrary split along types between the two kinds of attacks.
>>
>>15698616
Is SAT seriously still a thing?
>>
>>15699114
>that's so clouded by nostalgia they don't know any better.
But B/W were probably the least nostalgia pandering games in the series.
People bitched, and now the series is full nostalgia pandering with megas and alola forms.
>>
>>15699903
>But B/W were probably the least nostalgia pandering games in the series.
He's refering to Seed there.
>>
>>15699043
Set team is the better strategy you sperg. Gets you higher levels and more EVs
>>
File: 1376077549832.jpg (730KB, 632x840px) Image search: [Google]
1376077549832.jpg
730KB, 632x840px
HOL UP HERE FOR A MOMENT

>Red/Blue = 0079 TV (The original)
>Yellow = 0079 Movies (The original games but spruced up a little more)
>Gold/Silver = Zeta (The successor to the original and loved by nostalgiafags)
>Crystal = Zeta ANT (Improving on the successor with fancy new animation)
>Ruby/Sapphire = ZZ (The one after the really good one that felt really weird for both old fans and newcomers)
>Emerald = Char's Counterattack (The one with lots of trumpets)
>Diamond/Pearl = F91 (The one that tried a few new things but was rushed as hell to meet a deadline)
>Platinum = Victory (The one that had a surprisingly darker tone to previous series
>Black/White = 0080/0083/08th MS Team (The ones that tried to emulate what was good about the original games)
>X/Y = IBO (The dark horse of series that's either love it or hate it and nothing in-between)
>Sun/Moon = AGE (The hand-holding entry that tried to change up the formula

>FireRed/LeafGreen = Seed (The original series prettied up with a modern aesthetic/tone)
>HeartGold/Soul Silver = Unicorn (Similarly trying to get that nostalgia feeling back but also adding in new story elements to expand the plot)
>Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire = Seed Destiny (The one that tried to emulate the feel of a popular entry but failed at improving on what made them good)

>Coliseum = 00 S1 (The one that tried to play it a bit more mature)
>XD = 00 S2 (The one that took the previous entry and tried to make it more approachable to the regular public
>Pokken = G Gundam (The Fighting spinoff)
>Mystery Dungeon = SD Gundam (The cutesy spinoff)
>>
File: BKFWnO_CIAEHoVm.jpg (42KB, 347x640px)
BKFWnO_CIAEHoVm.jpg
42KB, 347x640px
>>15700021
For me half the appeal of Pokémon is having a set team to get attached to that comes together and gradually slides into place over the course of the game. I recall once catching something for filler and growing so fond of it that I just kept it in my line-up.

I didn't even know there were people that just constantly replace their whole team for flavour of the month in aid of giving themselves a bigger advantage in an already not terribly difficult game series. That seems entirely outwith the spirit of things.
>>
>>15701407
For me I'll try to collect and train a well-rounded team. What kind of person optimizes for Pokemon?
>>
File: 1485072332515.gif (141KB, 500x400px)
1485072332515.gif
141KB, 500x400px
So, in other words:
>starts off okay but turns crap
>stays boring throughout
>not as bad as everyone says it is but could be a lot better
>>
>>15700021
>EVs for ingame
>calls anyone else sperg

>>15700034
as a pokefag
>Ruby/Sapphire = ZZ (The one after the really good one that felt really weird for both old fans and newcomers)
Speak for yourself. RS was more hype than weird.

>Black/White = 0080/0083/08th MS Team (The ones that tried to emulate what was good about the original games)
Not really.

>>15701407
I usually do the same as you but In ORAS I changes it up a bit thanks to the exp share instead of using a team of 6 y used like 11 and rotated them.
>>
>>15698474
Perhaps this isn't your thread.
>>
>>15698468
>>15700034
Which pokemon is Wing?
>>
>>15701474
The person that plans on competitive battling, which is a shitfest, but at least it does cause a lot more creative setups than "give one Pokemon a super effective move against your next opponent's types and go to town"

>>15701867
Pinball
>>
>>15702143
I just do randoms, personally. God bless smogon
>>
>>15702143
He means for ingame anon. If you optimize for ingame you're an idiot.
>>
>>15698468
Okay, you're wrong.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.