[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is this game so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I'm running through the game right now and I'm getting my ass kicked by Block 3. Hell even Block 2 had some tough mofos. My team is Double X, Wing Zero, and Nirvash and I'm seriously getting my noob bitch ass handed to me.

Someone tell me how this game is supposed to be played, because it sure as hell ain't lile ACE3.
>>
>>15694612
Man, how inept do you have to be to fail at a fucking ACE game?
>>
>>15694629
Obviously shit enough that I'm asking /m/ of all places for help. I've died more in this game's early levels than I have in the entirety of the PS2 ACE games. Obviously I'm suckin really badly
>>
>>15694612
What are you using? Because some units had really weak movesets.
I liked the Lancelot because it was really well rounded so I main'd it up until block 5.
But I played around with other units too.
The nirvash is a great hit & run unit.
King Gainer is great in boss fights because of its gimmicks.
I forgot what other units I tried.
>>
>>15694761
Double X is my main. I'm guessing it's kind of a shitty unit since the stats are so low? Wing Zero and Nirvash are my support. I've had a bit better success by switching to the Nu Gundam for my main, but the bosses still take me out.

My main problem is that I flat out suck against the bosses. They have these orb things that just stop you dead on your tracks and are really hard to avoid, and my attacks do tiny damage. Melee also stunlocks me easily

I've played the PS2 games and this one just seems way harder. Either I'm not understanding a vital mechanic or I need to git gud?
>>
Don't play it like any of the other ACE games.

rely on crossover attacks for bosses, use the best custom actions you have.

what missions are you stuck on specifically?
>>
I actually imported the first ACE game a few weeks ago, because I wanted to see where it all started. I can't even play the game, because the horizontal camera controls are reversed, and I can't get used to it. Why the hell would you invert the X axis? Y makes sense, X doesn't.
>>
>>15696371
Not really stuck on any missions. I just happen to die a lot, especially with the smaller enemies with stun shots. If I'm dying this much, then I figure I'm still playing the game wrong.
>>
>>15697071
Plenty of JP games invert both axis. Some also call that the *default* and call what westerners would generally consider non-inverted camera controls, inverted instead.

As for *why* you'd play with full axis inversion: it speaks to the fact that you're not controlling which way the player character is looking, but you're controlling the swiveling of the camera around them. Some people just like it better that way. And apparantly it feels natural to such a huge part of the asian crowd, that it ships as default over there.

Actually; it used to be the default *everywhere* until console FPS games took off and for some reason western developers started to copy over the first-person camera controls, which were more logical for that type of game, to third-person games as well.
>>
ACE P was actually my first ACE game. I played this back in 2010 or something. I even posted a game to GameFAQS (it's still there). I finished the whole fucking thing without knowing a shred of japanese, and managed to defeat the FINAL BOSS MK III with a random mishmash of items.

Since in ACE P, you have to recharge ammo even for the weak weapons, like machine guns, the best unit is actually the Gilgazamune. Go up on the opponent's face > special attack > death.
>>
>>15697071
I think there's an option right after you start a new game that deals with the controls, isn't there? I remember I had to change the controls to match the style of ACE2/3.

ACE 1 is a really weird game. I like the documentary style they chose for the cutscenes, but the controls are pretty bad, and the whole thing feels bland. There are a few pretty nice missions, like the one where you have to defend Relena Peacecraft while she is talking on TV. You can't attack the enemies on camera, or everyone will see there's a battle outside and run, ruining Relena's TV appearance.
>>
>>15697795

I'd say the worst offense regarding ACE1's control scheme is how it maps the weapons and forces you do melee when you are close to the enemy by default which is why 2 and 3 are pretty much the best in terms of controls

>You can't attack the enemies on camera, or everyone will see there's a battle outside and run, ruining Relena's TV appearance.

That's why you use Heavyarms and spam missiles underwater for that sweet 100% Approval Rate
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.