[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched the first episode of Gavan. Any suggestions for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Space_Sheriff_Gavan.png (112KB, 250x278px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Sheriff_Gavan.png
112KB, 250x278px
I know it seems stupid to give up on this show before it has even started, but I don't think this is going to be something that I'll be able to stick around with for the other 43 episodes.

Is there a different Metal Heroes show I should watch as an introduction to the series?

Gavan seems too fast paced and introduces a relationship between characters as if I'm supposed to know who they are right off the bat.
>>
>>15694233
I'd personally shill for Winspector. It's one of my favourites, kicking off a self-contained trilogy of shows, so you'll be able to go on to the sequels; Solbrain and Exceedraft (if it ever gets subbed).
Juspion would be another good choice. First stand-alone series after the original Space Sheriff trilogy of series (Gavann, Sharivan, Shaider), so you can jump straight in with no prior knowledge and get a feel for the franchise as a whole.
>>
I'd say try Metalder, but I don't know you so I don't know if you'll like it.
>>
>>15694389

Is that show even watchable with the four different HK tier subs
>>
>>15694233
>introduces a relationship between characters as if I'm supposed to know who they are right off the bat.
m8, their situation doesn't change for like 40 episodes. You learn all you need to know about them by watching them just like any show from the period.

I just can't help but comment on your strange idea that shallow side characters need a strong introduction. I don't really care that you hate fun and can't enjoy Gavan. Enjoy having no fun, if that's possible.
>>
>>15695772

I'm streaming it from kissasian and it's not that bad

>make fun of me for streaming if you want, anons
>>
You could try EX
CEEEEEEEEEE
DRAAAAAAFUTO
>>
>>15695843
Sailor still hasn't gotten his computer back to do that yet though.
>>
>>15694233
Speaking as somebody who is nearly finished with Gavan, it is not one of those shows where it gives you everything you need to know about about the main characters in the first episode.

>>15695791
> shallow side characters

They didn't specify who they were talking about though.
>>
>>15695884
Wait I'm confused.
What happened to his computer?
>>
>>15696518
He moved to a new place last I checked.
>>
>>15696522
Well then, here's to hoping that we'll get an episode 1 soon.
>>
>>15694233
Maybe give it a few episodes before you dump it, bro.
>>
Since this thread's discussing Gavan and I didn't see another to ask in, is anyone else having issues downloading the Blu-Ray release? I finished the torrent download yesterday and it's just a black screen with subtitles and sound. I re-DL'd it just to make sure it wasn't something that messed up along the way, but it's still just the same.
>>
>>15694233
> before it has even started
It starts at episode 1 which you've already seen.

>but I don't think this is going to be something that I'll be able to stick around with for the other 43 episodes.
why?

>Gavan seems too fast paced
>le pacing meme

>and introduces a relationship between characters as if I'm supposed to know who they are right off the bat.
Not really. And lots of shows actually do this and are still good.
>>
>>15694233
Try Juspion. if you don't like it, skip Metal Heroes and try another toku entirely. Maybe go Ultra.
>>
>>15699662
Update your codecs or use the latest vlc
>>
>>15694233
You're a fucking faggot
>>
File: DE_YcnDVYAA8XcY.jpg (332KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DE_YcnDVYAA8XcY.jpg
332KB, 2048x1536px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.