[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other good Macross?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ne7g5s6k4D1s5oxc0o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne7g5s6k4D1s5oxc0o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x350px
Is any other entry of the series worth watching besides the original and plus? I feel like they're the only decent ones in the entire series
>>
>>15693312
Frontier is pretty alright.

Delta's first half was good.
>>
>>15693312
>Is any other entry of the series worth watching besides the original and plus?

Nope.
>>
7 Dynamite is the best entry in the series.
>>
>>15693312
At Least watch the clip of Isamu in the Frontier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJkeX2pN2t8
>>
7, DYRL, Frontier, and II are all great. The first half of Delta is also great.

Macross is good.
>>
Just finished 7. How do F and Delta compare to it? I liked 7 but I'll be dissapointed if F and Delta are on par or worse.
>>
>>15693312
Did anyone else not like Plus?
Isemu and Gruld or whatever his name was both just seemed like assholes.
>>
>>15693400
They're both worse, though there's plenty of entertainment value to be had from Frontier, at least

>>15693403
Plus would be my least favorite if not for Zero. All three main characters were insufferable and the story was entirely centered around them. Same reason Eva is shit, really.
>>
>>15693312
Macross II is pretty good. It also has my personal favorite designs in the series.
>>
>>15693400
Depends on how much you like romance drama. Frontier(series) focuses a lot on the two main girls. I personally disliked both main girls and think the movie does a bettter job at retelling the story without wasting too much on the girl drama.

Delta is worse in pretty much every aspect, set your expectations low.
>>
>>15693312
I got you, fàm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFRq2avUlCc
>>
What did you guys think of the movie?
>>
>>15694648
Which movie?
>>
>>15693312
Frontier is ok.

Delta is not even really Macross imo. It's waifu cardboard cutout magic girls with no real characterization"sometimes" with Mechs in the background...maybe.
>>
>>15693312
7 is okay and DYRL is really pretty, you can safely ignore everything from Zero onwards.
>>
>>15694668
Do you remember love?
>>
>>15693312
I liked zero. I don't get the hate.
>>
SDF is really the pinnacle of macross imo.
Frontier would be runner up though it's really only above average.
7's specials and dynamite are also fantastic, but the majority of 7 is atrocious. So much so that it's really hard to justify going through 7 to get to the pay off at the end.
>>
>>15694712
shut your filthy mouth, delta gave us the gorious drakken , and that alone is enough to classify as a macross , a shitty one , but a macross nonetheless
>>
>>15694935
DYRL is good shit, beautiful animation and most of the changes that I remember being applied to the story were for the better

Only entry I'd call good apart from 7
>>
>>15693312
kawamori peaked with plus.
>>
>>15693312
That depends.
Do you like the idea of music having actual magical "song energy" that can heal wounds, make rocks float, and other supernormal happenings?
If not, then your only other option is Macross II. Original, Plus, and II are the only ones that treat music as psychological, in all others it has mystical power.
>>
>>15696530
This

While other Macross entries are also great, Plus is still on top.
>>
>>15693312
That's about it.
Although II and 7 have outstanding openings that are worth being downloaded in the best resolution available.
Everything else is shit.
>>
DYRL is an okay version of the OG series. It fixes some problems of the show and creates a whole bunch of new ones.

Macross II is a waste of everyone's time.

Zero has some interesting choices and ideas, but ultimately comes out rushed and boring.

7 is the best Macross. It takes many SDF elements and gives them a fresh turn. Sometimes it's really weird, though.

Frontier is garbage. Everything aside from some designs and main trio is good/great, but F's Love Triangle and everyone involved in it suck so much that it literally burns to ashes every single piece of goodwill this show ever had. Didn't watch movies yet, so maybe MCs are better there.

Delta had a promising first episode, but quickly descended intro mediocrity right after that. I still can't get past episode 4 or somewhere around that.
>>
>>15701397
>7 is the best Macross.
Into the trash your post goes.
>>
>>15695024
I feel you, Zero has the absolute best fight choreography out of the franchise, and the story is still better than the piss that was Delta.
>>
>>15693312
Original
DYRL
PLUS
ZERO.
THAT'S ALL
>>
>>15695024
I liked the first two episodes. I found the rest boring. It might be my fault, though, I watched them when I was really, really tired, after a week at work that killed me, so much that I even fell asleep in the middle. I should give it a second watch eventually.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.