[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you retards deny that there's only one gundam timeline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: tAG_148410.jpg (135KB, 790x559px) Image search: [Google]
tAG_148410.jpg
135KB, 790x559px
Why do you retards deny that there's only one gundam timeline? I thought Turn A made it pretty clear all Gundam "AU" series are all part of one timeline.
>>
>>15693097
I'm not even sure you're in my timeline.
>>
The Dark History only goes up to the SEED TV show. There have been many new alternate timelines that came after SEED, as well as the Regild Century that aren't included in the Dark History scene.

That scene is severely outdated. Not only that, it makes little to no sense continuity wise. Even if the Turn A reset the Earth, there would still be plenty of the space people left.

Where are the Coordinators and PLANT? what about the ELS? do you see how futile it is to cram every Gundam timeline into one?
>>
all the shows could conceivably be all a single timeline but different eras
>>
maybe for the 20th anniversary for Turn A, Bandai hopefully will release a animated short that can shoehorn everything up to then into a timeline. We just got to wait 2 more years
>>
>>15693155

OP is too fucking stupid to ever grasp that, alas.
>>
Because it doesn't make sense at all and because CC coming 500 years after UC and 500 years before RC is retarded.
>>
File: Kapool Sochie.png (789KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Kapool Sochie.png
789KB, 1680x1050px
>There are Kapools buried in your state right now

With my luck it would just be some crappy Zakus
>>
>>15693262
No, they couldn't. Because all of them have explanations for how the old AD era became whatever era they are. Also, in one the AD era remains, and that's the one that ends with fucking first contact, and has ridiculously powerful mobile suits powered by magic particles. 00 alone is enough to make the black history idea seem completely retarded.
>>
>>15693097
Simple: It's a complete Fucking mess.

https://otakurevolution.com/content/falldogs-guide-to-gundam-canon-and-timelines

TL;DR: its Black history only serve to connect future and past major gundam titles (except for spinoffs, like SD, and Gundam Build Fighters) as part of a huge universal timeline; but they're so disjointed that it pretty much just another celebration of all things Gundam.
>>
>>15694237
>Because all of them have explanations for how the old AD era became whatever era they are.
This is all that needs to be said, really. The AU's all have conflicting history, no more than one of these accounts can be the truth. Turn-A is the future of UC and UC only.
>But muh stock footage from other shows in the Black History!
Animators having a giggle.
>But muh Nether Gundam blueprints!
So maybe some joker in UC built a windmill Gundam, that's a less ludicrous explaination if you're autistic enough to need these refrences justified. Or you could be sane and take a throwaway joke at face value.
>But muh Corin's 'memory' of Wing Gundam
Corin is a retard and we can leave that at that. None of these are plot points, they are brief little nods to other titles designed to make fans nostalge, not to make them obsess over trying to piece together a puzzle that cannot possibly fit.
>>
>>15693097
Because it's stupid. I'd rather believe the theory that the different gundam series where different interpretations of the Black History, which is why they have a lot of "similarity" with each other and not because fans will complain if it's not a copy of their precious UC.
>>
File: AMX-109_Capule.png (124KB, 378x440px) Image search: [Google]
AMX-109_Capule.png
124KB, 378x440px
>>15693097
So their cockpits where on their heads?
>>
>>15698762
wouldn't it be like the ZZ version where the pilot hatch is located on its back?
>>
File: 24g.png (772KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
24g.png
772KB, 960x720px
Y'all fuckers really like to overthink all the Turn A shit.

Think of it like this: Some version of the events from all Gundam shows up to (and debatably including) SEED happened in the backstory to Turn A. But neither the UC nor any AU besides G Reco does jack shit to reference Turn A, so until further notice there's no reason to believe that the 0079, Wing, G, X or Seed that you know and love/hate lead directly into Turn A. Turn A is its own thing, it just uses references to old stuff as part of its backstory and setup.

tl;dr All/most Gundam is canon in regards to Turn A, but there's no reason to believe Turn A is canon in regards to all Gundam.

Also Gundam canon as a whole is a mess that people shouldn't take so seriously, but that's a whole other thing.
>>
I think the Gundams are cyclic. Each series takes place not after the previous one, but long after a huge Gundam war, thats why all their histories are different.

I think Turn A shows us something none of the other series ever shows us. Where they get the blueprints for making a Gundam. I think that usually someone finds a Gundam beyond their understanding, they cant use it but they try to replicate it building different prototypes, which they cant use either.

They start shipping them around to different trainees trying to get more info about it until the "right" person just happens to accidentally stumble into the cockpit. Then using the data and the different prototype systems they manage to recollect they upgrade the one(s) in use.

Some series start when they find the first newtype+machine, some start 2-3 generations in, some they never found one and figured out how to make basic ones until the first newtype showed up to take a basic machine and do things no one else could, some are so far down the historical line humans and gundams have evolved each other multiple times.

I also have a theory that gundanium is actually sentient but thats total headcanon. One thing I will point out, is the Universal standard.
>>
>>15698859
>Also Gundam canon as a whole is a mess that people shouldn't take so seriously, but that's a whole other thing.
Pretty much; all you need to do is to say that Crossbone is canon to Victory and you'll get a shitstorm of epic proportion.
>>
>>15698859

Nah, you're still fucking stupid and jacking it mindlessly to Turn A and UC.
>>
I always thought the intent was each timeline inevitably leads to some equivalent of the Dark History. That you can at least loosely fudge, but all of them happening consecutively makes no sense.
>>
>>15699495
Nigga I know you're baiting but what does that even mean?
>>
>>15699508
Then how does digital information and physical artifacts from each era end up in the dark history?

People bring this up, but they don't realize it involves some kind of quantum fuckery where universes are merging.
>>
>>15699707
How does footage from events no one should have been recording anyway exist? Discrepancies like this I'm okay just kind of overlooking. It's easy enough to BS some sort of parallel design explanation, but we all already know those were just the real life designs existing and available at the time.
>>
>>15699707
Gundams that don't get destroyed getting buried/forgotten for thousands of years. Then when they're found and data is extracted from them, it alters their historical accounts even though they misunderstand how far into the past the Gundam is from.

I think the series take place over millions of years, and just like humans every society that ever existed has fallen except for the ones we have now.

I also think the Gundams may manipulate the history a bit for their own intentions but thats part of my gundanium is sentient theory.
>>
>>15698859
>Y'all fuckers really like to overthink all the Turn A shit.

This, just take it as it's own thing or however you want too, the shit makes little sense anyways, especially when they started retconning later shit into it. Hence why there's so many batshit theories on how it happened. I love Turn A but the whole Dark History thing is looked into too much.
>>
>>15693097
at best multiple timelines are forcibly merged due to some kind of fuck up with the Turn A and Turn X

but it depends entirely on the production studio to acknowledge it or sprinkle tidbits in there on newer shows that re-connect them to Turn A or any other timeline.

Honestly Turn A is kind of the black sheep so why would anyone bother connecting that dot?
>>
>>15694900
> Everything outside of canon are secondary, unofficial, side stories.
>unofficial

not even a gundamfag and noticed he's wrong at the third paragraph.
>>
>>15693097
nigga its pretty fucking clear just looking at the image sunrise themselves released.
>>
>>15703664
That's from Bandai.
>>
>>15694218
Kapools are cute! CUTE!
Sochie is too, I want to cure her loneliness
>>
They're not in one continuous line, they all just result in Turn-A and then G-Reco
>>
>>15693155
Regild Century happens after Turn A's Correct Century.

to know if anything is in the UC/CC/RC continuity. You have to check on the status of Australia, North America, Ireland, and Lhasa. If these places have evidence of a colony/asteroid drop. Then they might be after UC.
>>
Why were Kapools more common and weaker than Borjorans/Zakus?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.