[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Gundam AU when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Outframe-coat.jpg (46KB, 267x438px) Image search: [Google]
Outframe-coat.jpg
46KB, 267x438px
>>
>>15692910
I honestly am curious as to what they will come up with next.
Maybe a Gundam in which the protagonist is a strategist/captain ala Sumeragi, Bright, and Henken?

That way we can watch them suffer as the people they send out die under their captain's command.
>>
>>15692910
one just ended 3 months ago for fuck sakes. Wait a little bit holy shit.
>>
>>15692910
Haven't you heard OP Gundam is dead. Twilight Axis is shit, no Gundam series announced for 2017-2018, IBO was a massive flop, model kits don't sell well anymore. This franchise can't go on forever sooner or later it will come to an end. Hopefully sooner than later.
>>
Gundam IBO sequel with Ride as protagonism will be perfect!
>>
Sentient Gundams. I pitched the plot on here a few weeks ago.
>>
>>15692910
Animate Gaia Gear.
>>
>>15692910
I want a Gundam where the "good guys" actually lose early on, and the rest of the show is them resisting/adjusting to their new overlords

Now that I typed that out it sounds a lot like the second half of Layzner, although I wasn't picturing the mad max feel that show had.
>>
>>15692910
I predict we'll have a new one before or during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
>>
It might be intresting if the expand on an older AU. It's happened before I know but It think the only TV sequel was SEED Destiny, which was pretty successful, even if everyone hates it (on /m/ anyway).
>>
>>15693150
>a Gundam where the "good guys" actually lose early on, and the rest of the show is them resisting/adjusting to their new overlords
That's 00.
>>
>>15693071
>That way we can watch them suffer as the people they send out die under their captain's command.

No, that would be interesting
>>
>>15692910
Someone looked at that Gundam and said "Wouldn't it be nice to hitch a mobile home to that?" Someone looked at a war machine which is constantly coming under fire, constantly turning about relative to gravity (or even going into space to experience microgravity) and decided someone should live in a mobile home attached to it. Does the owner/pilot get pissy every time the fridge is jerked open by inertia because the damned thing was making all sorts of maneuvers in a firefight? There are so many thing that could fuck with the plumbing as well.
>>
File: eruferufu.png (2MB, 1279x713px) Image search: [Google]
eruferufu.png
2MB, 1279x713px
>>15693448
>he doesn't want to live in a mobile suit
>>
>>15693089
Just like in 1997 when Gundam X ended after it was prematurely cut short and no new series announced after that, right? Surely Gundam is dead at that point, no way there will still be around for 20 years after that, right?
Just like Nintendo is doomed because N64 is a failure, yeah we won't heard from them again in 20 years.
>>
>>15693113
You mean SD gundam?
>>
>>15693448
>>15693459
>>15692910

>Mobile Suit Gundam Roamers
>traveling-centric Gundam series with a ragtag looking cast ala Twister
>Mobile Homes are literal homes for mobile suits that are also mobile
>Roamers travel to help people from catastrophes and natural cataclysms along with man-made ones
>pick up hitch hikers as guest members of the crew for an episode or two, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse
>chased for most of the series by a crew of Collectors, scavenger land pirates, because MC found a prototype Gundam, the Gundam Vagabond
>main rival is the masked man only known as 'The Drifter', the heavily customized unit he pilots is also called 'The Drifter', because he is The Drifter. Voiced by Mamoru Miyano. The Drifter unit is jagged looking in appearance and almost looks like a rusted hulk of metal, like the baby of the MS-Rai and Arche Gundam was left in a junkyard. It lures in Roamers & other Collectors, who think it's a pile of garbage that might have some useful stuff in it, only for them to be cut down by the Drifter when they get too close
>some cute girls with short hair
>not-Cima as the leader of MC's Roamers group

Can I have my money now, Sunrise.
>>
A series where the Gundam is the villain. And not like an angsty antagonist type, but a brute force that awes and terrorizes the cast as the enemy. This would pretty much draw from the menace that the name "Gundam" should inspire in the enemies, and never showing the Gundam pilot, no emotion or reactions, just the ground termors and noise when it moves or shoots.

Cast could be a grunt unit trying to survive the fierce Gundam pursuit while getting separated from their main force and aiming to get home. No big politics, no moral discussion, just crude survival and terror when the radio gets silent.
>>
>>15693716
>no newtypes
No
>>
>>15693585
No that series was lame
>>
>>15693750

>Everyone dies: the show.

Tomino made plenty of those. Or you could just play Zeonic Front.
>>
>>15693071
>That way we can watch them suffer as the people they send out die under their captain's command.
I feel like that was supposed to be Orga's whole schtick in IBO. Just didn't feel really impactful
>>
>>15693750
I feel like that's an episode of IGLOO
>>
I want a Kino's Journey type of roadtrip thing but with a gundam instead of a talking motorcycle.
>>
I know this will never happen, but I always wanted a Gundam AU where the setting is an entire galaxy, and not just our solar system. It goes totally against the relatively small contained space setting of Gundam, but goddamn it I want a giant Space Opera like LOGH where there are battles with tens or hundreds of thousands of mobile suits.
>>
>>15693762

Nomadtypes. They're psychic wanderers, people who develop strong bonds when they're lost and without a home. But it's rediscovering humanity's past rather than evolving into the future. It gives them greater clarity and yearning to move around like their hunter-gatherer ancestors.

Only Nomadtypes can operate the H.O.B.O. System.
>>
>>15693879
oh shit you're right on both counts.
I didn't give a fuck about his people dying at all.
>>
>>15693435
>That's 00

CB were the bad guys though. Literal terrorist.
>>
>>15693150
It was the 80s. Everyone was in love with the shit Hollywood as throwing out. There's a shitlord of shows inspired by Mad Max's setting, and Vile from Megaman X was inspired, no not by Boba Fett, but by a character from Mad Max
>>
I'd want to see one where "Gundam" is a word, a concept, an ideal.

So we'll get shit like, let's say, in the second episode a grunt saves the main character who then blurts "Is that a Gundam?" at the grunt's grunt machine. Then the main character is pressed into piloting a grunt machine and says additional shit like "I'll make this into a Gundam!" And when he meets the enemy ace and gets trounced he'd say "Such strength... he must be piloting an actual Gundam!" (It's just a grunt machine, it's not even super-tuned)

There would be one actual Gundam, built by the Feddy-esque faction, but it's the final boss faction that steals and deploys it.
>>
>>15696359
That was 00.
Setsuna went on repeatedly about how "Gundam" was basically god and all things good and just in the world.
>>
>>15692910
Aside from Build Fighters or SD Gundam, never.
There haven't been any other alternate universes for two decades now.
lrn2BLACKHISTORY
>>
>>15696508

Setsuna was the one who ascribed meaning to the word "Gundam" in 00. In this one it's more to do with past events, like having a Gundam-type head unit on your MS in UC post-OYW, or how the legendary Mobile Suit "The Gundam" in AG is held in similar regard, except it made a big enough impact that it became part of casual talk. It would be like a character in UC using "this is a classic Dublin" to describe a gigantic fuckup and no help from others in cleaning the mess.

The support cast would echo the same sentiments as the main character, except that they're not as straight or open about it; but the characters didn't create the concept, they just strive for it, uphold it, define it for themselves, and some attempt to prop theirs as the true and correct version by force.
>>
>>15693716
Has shades of Gundam X. I can dig it.
>>
>>15693071
I want either of the two options:
>MC has a Gundam that is a giant Mobile Armor that commands not!G-Bits with a variety of weapons and configurations. This makes MC a one-man MS strike team.

>The Gundam is the MC. It's sentient, uses an android body, is a farmer, adopted two kids and lives happily. Assholes come and burn his home colony and he comes out of retirement to tear someone a new orifice. His eldest son hacks into him and registers as his pilot. His son is a 9-year old.

>>15693113
>All sentient Gundams are SD Gundams

Yeah no. What is ALICE? I even made a summary for a idea for a Gundam show.
>>
Every mobile suit is designed to dock into mobile armors.

MC's unit is a jet fighter and tank that dock into a mobile suit.

A nation of autists living in asteroid colonies are the main enemy. Every one of them believes they can communicate telepathically while in battle, but it's just high-functioning autism compared with combat awareness, leading to their initial successes.
>>
>>15700430
Make the asteroid fuckers an actual cult and put themes of cult indoctrination and brainwashing into it. Give them some rituals and other bizarre forms of culture. There would also have to be a reveal at some point as to what actually gave them their "powers" and affected them in that way. Maybe a brain parasite or something.
>>
File: Setsuna studies.png (222KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna studies.png
222KB, 800x450px
Gundam Anthology

Whereas ELS Setsuna wanders through space bearing witness to multiple worlds as a silent observer, seeing each of them succumb to, and deal with war in their own way.
>>
>>15692910
What Gundam is this?
>>
File: soon.jpg (48KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
48KB, 704x480px
Soon
>>
>>15700925
Astray Out Frame.
>>
Gundam BEAST when?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.