[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brave Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: GREATFUCKINGFIGHBIRD.png (346KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
GREATFUCKINGFIGHBIRD.png
346KB, 640x482px
This thread is for discussion of the Brave franchise, as well as Eldran and similar shows.

So, I just finished Fighbird, and here's the thing; Everyone here always say it's the worst Brave, right? Maybe it's because it was so undersold to me, or maybe I have shit taste, but I absolutely fucking loved it. It's such a colossal improvement on Exkaiser it's not even funny. Yeah, it had the usual filler, the stock footage, and other flaws, but it also had:

>a fucking kickass lead in Katori, and Kenta is one of the better shotas as well
>multiple story arcs, and a good amount of continuity leading up to the excellent ending
>an awesome, genuinely threatening/menacing villain

and above all: the best god damn mechanical designs ever. Both variants of Granbird? Great Fighbird? Fucking DRAIAS? FUCKING GREAT DRAIAS? (that's what that thing was called, right? All 10/10 designs.

Now all that's left is Might Gaine and Dagwon, and later this year I'm going to start Eldran with Raijin-Oh.
>>
>>15690548
The main issue with FighBird is that it often seemed to get very repetitive with the plots of the week, like kidnapping was very common in the 2nd half of the show. It got to a point that when it had an episode that was basically Scooby-doo it felt like a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>15690548
Do people think it's the worst? inb4 Goldran shitposter

For me it was a pretty middle of the road series. Ranking for me would be J-Decker > Goldran > Da Garn > Gaogaigar > Dagwon > Fighbird > Might Gaine > Exkaiser

Of the Eldrans, I haven't finished Go Saurer yet but Raijin-oh was fantastic and Ganbaruger was pretty good.
>>
>>15690548
The only good part was Katori, really
It has the same story arcs as every single other Brave show. Heroes main robot gets rekt, he has to make do with another for awhile before getting his original back and then they both combine, final battle with the main villain, etc.
Draias wasn't good for anything other than its design, his underlings were stupid and not even in a funny way as with Exkaiser, and he didn't come out to fight as often as Dino Geist IIRC. I really do like the mechanical designs, I'll give you that, but it did literally nothing to set itself apart from Exkaiser or even the Transformers shows before it. And of course, it has a metric assload of stock footage. I know that's a common thing with Braves, but I think Fighbird gets the prize for having the absolute most since nearly every episode has stock footage of Fighbird launching, Fighbird transforming, Fighbird combining, and Fighbird doing its final attack, not to mention any stock footage for the side robots. And speaking of those side robots, they were just as bland as the ones in Exkaiser and never got to do anything meaningful.

For me, it's
Goldran>Da Garn>Dagwon>GGG>J-Decker>Exkaiser>Fighbird
Still waiting on Might Gaine to be decrabbed.

Ganbaruger was my favorite Eldran, trailed by Gosaurer and Raijin-Oh in last.
>>
>>15691333
>Heroes main robot gets rekt, he has to make do with another for awhile before getting his original back and then they both combine, final battle with the main villain, etc.
I don't think that happened in Da Garn or Goldran
>>
>>15691333
>they were just as bland as the ones in Exkaiser and never got to do anything meaningful.

Then there were the arcs that could have easily been circumvented by the simple fact that they remembered Thunder Baron was in the basement.

No really halfway through the show thunder Baron just ceases to exist for a while.
>>
File: gex0002.jpg (95KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
gex0002.jpg
95KB, 600x682px
>Exkaiser
>Every episode, King Exkaiser shows up and beats up the new enemy robot of the day.
>Until DINOGEIST shows up. Space Police completely ineffective against him
>King Loader gets broken, and Dragon Kaiser shows up (literally out of nowhere)
>Dragon Kaiser is pretty cool, but still no fucking match for Dinogeist, Dinogeist is about two heads taller than him.
>Dinogeist literally almost kills Exkaiser twice, but some mysterious force gets in the way, and Exkaiser turns into Great Exkaiser, using both the King Loader and the Dragon Jet.

This is a fucking toy commerical. And if I were younger, I would have totally fucking fell for it. Introduce the newer machine after several episodes of the old one, but that one isn't effective against the Big Bad either. But then if you combine the two of them, there you go! You want Great Exkaiser kids? Buy BOTH models.

>>15690548
I don't know, I've only seen a little of Fighbird, but I can't see what makes it any worse than Exkaiser, which I don't hate.
Just that as first of it's kind, Exkaiser is kind of bland. Of course, it's a fucking kids show made in the early 90s, but what do you expect?
>Yuuta's having some kind of problem!
>Takumi is being a stupid jerk!
>The Geisters are being stupid, and stealing something dumb
It picks up when Dinogeist shows up, but yeah, there's not much else going on. I certainly hope Exkaiser show up in SRW, because I fucking love his design.

On that note of designs, I'm really not fond of that trend where a bunch of machines had to be multi colored. I'm talking about guys like Guard Diver, Battle Bomber, Ultra Raker and such.
>>
>>15690548
FighBird is just Exkaiser with a better lead and kid.
>>
>>15691413
It happened in Da Garn sort of when Da Garn was trapped underground, which is why Ga-Ohn took over as least robot for a few episodes
>>
>>15691628
Yeah, I've seen the series, and know the part you're talking about.
I'm just saying that it's not like Da Garn suddenly whipped a new power out of his ass, he was quite literally saving the world at the time.
>>
I should probably finish watching Dagwon
>>
I still like the episode of Dagwon where the bad guy is about to unleash sin and hate onto humanity unless Dagwon stops him and they failbut it doesn't matter because humans were already shit lol
>>
I'm 42 episodes into Raijin Oh and probably should have not watched Gosaurer first because it's just less good

>Belzeb isn't as badass as Engine King or as competent as Atom King
>The plot doesn't go full lolwat with time travel
>no dinosaurs
>no Professor
>army guy isn't as good although his fake Raijin Oh rules
>no insert song for the upgrade

On the plus side

>dubbed parts were comedy gold
>there's an episode where the moeblob subpilot becomes huge which amuses me
>good OP
>>
>>15692467
Raijin-Oh feels like it tried to alternatively be both as silly as Ganbaruger and as (relatively) serious as Gosaurer and didn't really do well at either. Ultimately, it does settle on the former later in the series, but it was too little, too late at that point

That and Bakuryu-oh and God Raijin-Oh are lame upgrades compared to what the other two Eldrans got
>>
>>15692467
About Raijin Oh, is the OVA subbed?
>>
>>15690548
>Everyone here always say it's the worst Brave, right?
No, I think the one that's most hated here is actually Goldran.
>>
I fucking hate those brats from Goldran and Gambaruger.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFT5hHY0YkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSC4JZUCC0
I found out about Braves thanks tot his. Is Might Gaine Fully subbed?
>>
File: juniorgetterteam.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
juniorgetterteam.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>15693480
Haven't seen Ganbaruger yet, but I loved the Goldran kids. Takuya a cute.
>>
>>15693458
There's a filler music video episode missing, but otherwise, the rest is subbed by Subdivers
>>
>>15692483
Isn't Raijin-Oh the first one though?
>>
>>15693529
Yeah, which is probably why it turned out like that. They hadn't figured out what they wanted to do with the series, and I'm not sure they ever did. But at least they managed to keep the sequel series a little more tonally consistent.
>>
File: BraveExpress 001 (Large).jpg (59KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
BraveExpress 001 (Large).jpg
59KB, 576x768px
>>15693484
It's been fully subbed for years.

Crabstick quality though :)
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 980x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 980x750px
Fighbird is the only braves show I haven't fully watched.

When it comes to braves for me

Gaogaigar,might gaine,goldran, and Da garn are my favs.
J decker is pretty solid, probably has the best brave characters.

Exkaiser is okay, it's got great brave designs but not much else.

Dagwon is probably my least favorite. it's not a bad show, but it's pretty underwhelming a lot of the time and doesn't get interesting until like 37 episodes in. The concept is really sound, so I don't know what happened that made it into average. The ova sequel was pretty lame as well.That said it has some of the best brave designs and the opening theme is amazing.

I haven't gotten to eldran yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
>>15693565
yeah I don't want crabsticks... sigh
>>
>>15693723
What made you not enjoy Dagwon, anon? It was way better than I thought it was going to be, and that mostly came down to it actually having really good pacing for a Brave show. Best pacing in the series, dare I say. From like episode 15 on, there's a new recurring element every 2-4 episodes for basically the rest of the series. Sadly, these new elements rarely involve the villains, but it still makes a surprisingly big difference in how the show plays out. It's a lot easier to watch in anticipation of the heroes getting a cool new teammate or combination every few episodes than it is with some of the others which have long stretches with nothing significant happening.
>>
>>15693723
>The concept is really sound, so I don't know what happened that made it into average.
iirc I heard the person who wrote much of it was previously in charge of some secondary sentai writing or something similarly implying a resume of "and then I filled three minutes before the robot fights the monster"
>>
>>15693723
I don't know, I'm torn on J-Decker.
I don't think it's a bad show at all. I really like the concept of exploring sentient AI, and how most of the Brave Police have clear defined personalities.

But I don't like Deckard at all.I don't hate him, but I think he's boring as fuck, as well as all his transformations and upgrades. I'm also not that fond of Yuuta, and the convenience of how he's the leader kind of throws me out of the story.

But then again, this is a show for kids.
>>
Are there batches for these shows now that bakabt is closed, and Nyaa was nuked?
>>
>>15694827
Too bad Great Exkaiser 103's attention seems to have wondered off, since he's the only person properly subbing the post-28 episodes.

>>15696009
I find it inherently amusing how Dagwon involved both a writer and an actor from Jetman,
>>
>>15696319
Da Garn https://nyaa.si/view/818045
Dagwon https://nyaa.si/view/864005
Dagwon OVA https://nyaa.si/view/864007

Raijin-oh https://nyaa.si/view/907577
Ganbaruger https://nyaa.si/view/914034

Are still seeded at least
>>
>>15695549
It was probably the characters which I thought were pretty boring aside from a few and most of the motw fights were pretty lackluster up to a point.
>>
File: bd06607326627c5a00815260e47bc172.jpg (729KB, 3200x2054px) Image search: [Google]
bd06607326627c5a00815260e47bc172.jpg
729KB, 3200x2054px
GaoFighGar is beautiful
>>
>>15698541
It's weird how it's practically the only main Brave that doesn't have a really garish looking (and often animal-based) chestplate.

But those colors do complement each other deliciously. Phantom Gao and Liner Gao II are really damn cool. Just a shame they were stuck in the worst entry in the entire series
>>
File: angry_jin.jpg (62KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
angry_jin.jpg
62KB, 720x480px
>>15698564
>not liking chest plates with lion heads on them
>>
>>15696995

Thanks. If anybody finds the crabsticks for might gaine, let me know.
>>
File: gfg0001.jpg (62KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
gfg0001.jpg
62KB, 600x584px
>>15698564
I don't know, it's not like I hate Super Robots with faceplates, Exkaiser is one of my favorite designs ever.

I just can't put it into words, it's like GaoFighGar takes everything that made GaoGaiGar great and makes it more sleak and defined.
>>
>>15698596
Here you go, if you don't mind direct download
https://anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/brave-express-might-gaine
>>
So, favorite final form for the main robot?
>>
>>15704475
Despite my complete indifference for the show it's in, Great Fighbird. It's very clean, it includes my shoulder cannon fetish, it isn't formed by disassembling one robot and putting its pieces on the other, its proportions are spot on and overall it just doesn't seem as overdesigned as most of the others
>>
Haven't seen a single Brave show yet. Is it worth going through them in production order to appreciate the show-to-show evolution of the concept or should I just go with whichever looks the most interesting and work from there?
>>
I'm enjoying Might Gaine but exkaiser needs to release more subs
>>
>>15704627
Pick one that's interesting. The first show is very generic and the development isn't linear, they skip about ideas, try something, discard it for a few series, try it again etc.
>>
>>15698564
>It's weird how it's practically the only main Brave that doesn't have a really garish looking chestplate.
Might Gaine's is just a gem. Before it becomes Great Might Gaine anyway.
>>
>>15704640
Alright, Think I'll end up starting with GaoGaiGar seeing how often it's praised.
>>
>>15704650
GGG's reputation comes from it being the only one that was subbed for the longest time, but now that the others are, I haven't seen anyone calling it their favorite since. It definitely has the best animation quality, but I wouldn't say it's the best in any other regard except for having the best main character final attack

I'd recommend starting with Da Garn. It's the most consistently good show in the series. It keeps strong continuity and plot development throughout, its animation quality is practically second to GGG's, it has a bangin' soundtrack, really nice pacing, and some of the best characters in the series (not including the robot cast, which are all kinda wooden). I like Goldran more, but its offbeat humor doesn't make it a good entry point if it doesn't click with you
>>
>>15692436
There's also that episode where the monster of the week is defeated by a teacher committing suicide with a broken beer bottle.

Dagwon went to some nasty places sometimes.
>>
Fighbird was best Braves series, Goldran was worst, that is all.
>>
>>15693540
I still find it funny how Kohei Tanaka had to compose the most grandiose thing he could think of for Raijin-Oh's gattai theme, only to find out that God Raijin-Oh was introduced so he had to top himself.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.