[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re:Creators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: tease.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tease.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
Vogelchevalier is about to make it's return. Do you think they can deliver?
>>
Nothing in this show has delivered.
>>
>>15690519
They delivered especially with the Mahou shoujo imho.
>>
>>15690524

Not really, they pulled out the the 2010's modern trope of magical girl despair...

But the show is supposed to be about tropes in a sense due to the meta nature, so one might be inclined to give them a pass...
>>
File: 1500093971790.jpg (988KB, 2169x3071px) Image search: [Google]
1500093971790.jpg
988KB, 2169x3071px
>>15689534
I fucking hate all forms of Isekai but Megane is a gift to this world.
>>
>>15693853
It's less Isekai, more of that vague genre of mixing other genres together.

And like another recent show that does it, it fails.
>>
File: 1500124318198.png (263KB, 455x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500124318198.png
263KB, 455x768px
>>15693863
>more of that vague genre of mixing other genres together
I can't think of a single show that has done that right.
>>
>>15693863
>like another recent show that does it
?
>>
>>15693863

Its not about the genres, its about the art.

The thematic throughline of the plot is about the relationship between artists and the things they create. Why we write the stories we do, and whats really going underneath the surface level escapism.

Mamika's magical girl story is for kids, and the tragedy of her story comes from the fact that the simple morals her story is built on, despite being the things that we teach to kids, don't work in the real world. But its how we wish the world worked, for the kids sake.

Selensia and her creators are very much portrayed as a family, and refer to each other in such terms multiple times. The artist and writer and her mom and dad pretty explicitly.

Alice's story is an absolute shitty nightmare for her so that she can stand against it. It takes her a whole season to wrap her head around the idea that her story isn't meant to entertain, but rather to inspire.

Altair's creator was driven to suicide because of the negative reactions to her art, and in return her creation wants revenge against the world that rejected her and her maker.

And so on.

Obviously the show mashes up characters from different genres. But its not 'about' that genre difference.
>>
>>15693893
Not that anon, but I guess there was Concrete Revolutio?

Although that focused mostly on homage to older series from the 60s and 70s, and the premise was different (All these series are real and coexist in a single universe, rather than being fictional and meeting in the "real" world where they're fiction created by normal people)
>>
>>15689534
>the cool white mecha is about to make it's return

I only watched the first episode jesus how long has it been?
>>
>>15693851
The thing is everyone is capable of dying here so she was no exception to that rule. Therefor I think that was beyond the common magical girl despair since she didn't really endure much suffering until her last moments. It was more about her ignorance to the realities of the world, the deadly results of the negative feelings and impulsive nature of rage, even after seeing the jaded ex-detective attempt to kill the magician when she was down and understanding what destruction her magic was capable of in reality she felt Altair wasn't meaning it when she realized that she had declared war on humanity.

>>15697817
I think you made an excellent observation here. By having them not clash in ideologies but instead their personalities and the cliches that make them and the involvement of creators, I think they've created a great formula for a crossover that doesn't feel larger than life at all. Altair makes a wonderful villain who is in no way edgy or pragmatist like you would expect from a character like her, and having Setsuna's plight as the catalyst works well while invoking a little bit of Madoka.

>>15697917
15 episodes and I was actually expecting it by now but it's probably gonna end up appearing in two weeks after the special.
>>
>>15699349
>two weeks after the special
two weeks, after the summer special next week.
>>
I'm waiting to see if the Creators ever question if they themselves are creations
>>
File: 270187.jpg (30KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
270187.jpg
30KB, 512x288px
>>15699394
>if the Creators ever question if they themselves are creations
>>
>>15697817
At least you really get instead of other people expecting a multi-episode slugfest
>>
>>15697817
That's a lot of text for trying to excuse a garbage show
>>
>>15699685

You copy that out of a notepad of low effort generic dismissals?
>>
>>15699698
Why the hell do I need to put any more effort into it?
>>
>>15699727
I'm sure everyone discussing the show enjoyed your input on the matter.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.