[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zygote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 189467546189.jpg (8KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
8KB, 196x110px
New Oats video released today.

https://youtu.be/pKWB-MVJ4sQ
>>
>>15685310
>Neill Blooomp! Ka-pow!

how can one man have such a laughable name
>>
>>15685318
Because "Blooomp! Ka-pow!" is not his name.
>>
>>15685324
it's LITERALLY how it's pronounced
>>
>>15685310
Man these always make me so tense.
There's always a feeling of something horrible happening.
>>
>>15685617
It could be because something horrible's happening, anon.

I read an interview before, according to Blomkamp and the animators for Oats the Zygote creature is composed of 46 different people. Fun fact for the day!
>>
File: DEk3UHTVYAA3f0W.jpg:large.jpg (373KB, 1706x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DEk3UHTVYAA3f0W.jpg:large.jpg
373KB, 1706x2048px
>>15686249
Also if you look at the model, you'll notice it has multiple dicks

I'm excited for his last short, Lima. Apparently it will be a techno-thriller involving Power Armor
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (243KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
243KB, 700x400px
>>15685310
Dakota is my favorite Fanning.

Ellefags have shit taste.
>>
>>15686266
>it has multiple dicks

I only count two. That's just one more than I have. Not that impressive.
>>
>>15686277
I count at least 4
1 on each leg
one roughly where its dick should be
and another to the left of where its belly button would be
>>
>>15686266

>no titty monster
>>
These Oats shorts made me realize how bad Blomkamp is at filmmaking. They all have the same problem.

He tells more than he shows, and when he shows it doesn't tell anything.

It'd be fine if his writing were good, but it's not. He can put together decent shots but can't piece them together into a narrative, so he creates a sequence and tells the story over them with transparent dialogue.

Blomkamp is an SFX director that should've written novels on the side.
>>
>>15686366

I actually like that since it builds tension.

What I don't like is that apart from Sigourney and Dakota everyone else involved in this was shit tier at acting.

This Biehn stand-in in Zygote was particularly hard to stomach and so was the "intense soldier guy" in the last one.
>>
>>15686411

I see what you mean, but looking at District 9, the reason it did so well was because the mockumentary format allowed this type of storytelling to work, which gives me the feeling it's more of a crutch than anything.

I still really enjoyed that first one with Sigourney though. Guy's good at worldbuilding.
>>
>>15686426

I appreciate this set of shorts because it gives us glimpses into various ideas he has, rather than them being "complete" works which they obviously are not, so I can forgive sloppy presentation.

It's basically an attempt to generate buzz for his future projects, given that he spent all his big movie capital on Elysium and Chappy, which didn't really deliver.

Honestly even from the start of his career I feel like he's more comfortable with a series rather than a movie.
I don't think formulaic hollywood blockbuster scripting plays into his strengths.
>>
>>15686430
I liked Elysium though...
>>
>>15686430

Blomkamp doing a show would be amazing, even if just for more

>alien invaders wearing "clothes"

I loved that. Such a small thing that's constantly overlooked.
>>
I liked how this thing was holding up its head with its arms.
>>
Looks like Blomkamp's been playing Bloodborne. This thing is basically The One Reborn.
>>
>>15686585
I think he said it's inspired by the blob at the end of Inside
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.