[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross ebay bluray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: s-l1600[1].jpg (99KB, 690x544px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
99KB, 690x544px
These are clearly bootleg but I wonder if the quality it's at least passable. Anyone with experience on these sets?
>>
>>15683878
You mean you like the boxes, or the quality of the videos therein?
>>
>>15683888
Video and subtitles as the description says they all have English subs. Also, not cheap, the whole set is $250.
>>
>>15683894
The official Macross Frontier BDs all came with official English subs. So did the re-release of the SDF Macross BDs. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>15683956
From official Japanese blu rays: Plus has the dub, Frontier movies second release have subs, and Delta. That's it.
>>
>>15683956
>The official Macross Frontier BDs all came with official English subs.
Wait, shit, really? I knew Delta and the rerelase of the movies did. 7 was unsubbed on BD, from what I remember, and Plus was dub-only in terms of English options. I imagine these are either HKs or someone putting fansubs on BD-Rs.
>>
File: DSC_0011.jpg (183KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0011.jpg
183KB, 1000x1500px
>>15683977
>either HKs
That would suck
>or someone putting fansubs on BD-Rs.
I'd be happy with that.
>>
Wait what, why would you even buy bootleg blu-ray with questionable quality?
>>
>>15684544
Depends on the actual quality, if the subs are good like from the fansub and if the price is right.
>>
>>15684558
But why. Why would you buy a physical copy of fansubs that you already have?
You'd be cheaper off just burning your own, and even that seems extremely unnecessary.
>>
File: doesn't get it at all.png (195KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
doesn't get it at all.png
195KB, 510x346px
>>15684572
Because it's neat to have a box and a complete package. Why do you think people buy physical copies?

Burning discs and scribbling some words on it isn't the same thing.
>>
>>15684617
I get that but for me it only makes sense to do that with official copies.
Doing that with bootlegs would just feel weird.
>>
Link the ebay listing, OP.

>>15684636
But we'll never get stuff like Macross officially released. That's the point. Then again, we really don't know the quality or anything about this release.
>>
>>15684672
You can import the japanese releases, put them in your shelf and watch the fansubs on your pc though?
Good luck with your wallet though.
>>
Op here, I already most of Macross on official releases. I'm still missing Zero and Delta. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience on these sets. I might buy them anyway just to check the quality.
>>15684672
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-30th-Anniversary-18-Disc-Bluray-Box-Set-ENGLISH-SUBTITLES-Region-A-US-/253037550641?hash=item3aea369c31:g:QJoAAOSwXYtYvdzP
>>
File: found a webm of you.webm (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
found a webm of you.webm
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>15684674
>importing Japanese releases
Idiot. That's a waste of money. And you're still missing the point. It's about watching them from the discs on a TV as if it were official. You get a much better feeling from it.

>watching anime on a pc
Use a TV. It's much better.

>>15684685
I'd just send the seller a message asking about a bunch of details if I were you. I'm sure they'll be able to give you some info on it and how many episodes per disc and whatnot.
>>
>>15684702
>It's about watching them from the discs on a TV as if it were official
>while knowing it's unofficial and a bootleg and that you paid money for piracy
This would feel even worse than just watching downloaded subs
>Use a TV. It's much better.
Not only do computer monitors have better color fidelity than your average TV for less money you can also just literally hook your PC to your TV and watch it that way if you want to watch it on a big screen on a couch.
>>
File: literally reddit.png (56KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
literally reddit.png
56KB, 255x361px
>>15684714
>hooking computer to TV
This isn't 2006. But as for the felling I mentioned, I meant it like how some films are better watched in cinema on the big screen.

>cinema>home tv>computer monitor
See? Then again, it's not like you're gonna notice the difference in color shit unless your TV is old or you are right in front of it.

>moral-faggery about piracy
What's that got to do with anything? Besides, it would be different if this were just internet encodes slapped onto discs, but we don't know.
>>
>>15683878
>supporting chink bootlegs
Don't do that, it's a waste of money and only encourages the worst kind of piracy. The quality is probably shit either way.
>>
>>15684775
What? Do you even into basic reading comprehension?
What has the year got to do with connecting your TV to your PC? You don't even need a cable nowadays, you can just chromecast your desktop to your TV or with some other wireless dongle or even without if you have a wifi TV.
>I meant it like how some films are better watched in cinema on the big screen.
That's why exactly I'm saying that if you need to watch it on TV then just stream it from your PC instead of buying an expensive bootleg BD of subs you can just download anyway.
In neither case will your money go to the producer of the BDs so it doesn't matter, except for the money you're wasting in the former case.
>moral-faggery about piracy
If you could read you'd realize that's not at all what I'm arguing

If you're doing it for watching it on TV it's dumb because you can do so without spending hundreds on questionable goods.
If you're doing it for the collecting then it's weird because you're not actually collecting valuable goods because it's a fake.
>>
File: 1476959168430.jpg (52KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1476959168430.jpg
52KB, 500x282px
>>15684985
It was a joke, but you did say "hooking" as if wired. Should have used different words, brah.

>streaming from pc
Might as well play it from the vlc player on my xbox one. Wait. I already do that. Then again, there's no need to have my computer and TV on while jumping through hoops just to watch my Tibetan cartoons.

All in all, I wouldn't spend that much money just to have something like Macross in physical as I was just talking about this sort of thing.
>>
>>15685098
That reminds me Frontier blurays cost me around $630 in total. And that's without the movies.
>>
>>15684617
Oh my gosh you are quite dumb yes yes you are a big ol stupidhead.
>>
Welp, I didn't get these guy after all but found a good deal on Delta.

See you space cowboys!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.