[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there not more hype about Thunderbolt S2 here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 16

File: Sasuka Sunrise.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuka Sunrise.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Why is there not more hype about Thunderbolt S2 here?
>>
>>15683283
>TFW they were smoking blunts as their last smoke
>>
>>15683283
Iron Menstruation ruined Gundam for the time being.
>>
File: comfy.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>15683448
The show is too aesthetic for its own good. Was Season 1 this fucking quality? I've been blown away by the new episodes.
>>
File: You feel it too don't you anon.png (2MB, 2442x1375px) Image search: [Google]
You feel it too don't you anon.png
2MB, 2442x1375px
>>15683466
>Letting IBO ruin your groove
It's shaping up to be one of the best iterations in the series' history, you have no excuse.
>>
>>15683474
Nice trolling you got there.
>>
File: This man has done bad things.png (653KB, 1281x718px) Image search: [Google]
This man has done bad things.png
653KB, 1281x718px
>>15683477
>GOAT Soundtrack & atmosphere
>Good Protagonists
>Serviceable story which takes a backseat to let the GOAT action sequences show the erratic and unplanned nature of war.
What do you think is better?
>>
>>15683468
>zeon brand radio
What? It's a country. That's not how this works. Why would Zeon have a subsidized FM radio manufacturing concern.
>>
File: uhii.png (164KB, 423x312px) Image search: [Google]
uhii.png
164KB, 423x312px
>15683466
REMINDER
>>
>>15683496
I knew that scene reminded me of something
>>
>>15683511
>>15683283
Shit
>>
File: Daryl.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Daryl.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>15683508
Just post Thunderbolt and it will all be resolved
>>
>tfw no crew chief buddy
>>
File: help.png (579KB, 1281x718px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
579KB, 1281x718px
>tfw more people would rather shit on IBO or talk about Seed than TB S2
>>
>>15683283
Because it's not as good as Season 1.
>>
>>15683566
I think it's better now that S1 has established the main characters which has provided more context, which is what the show was originally lacking.
>>
>>15683448
Those are clearly cigarillos
>>
>>15683592
Cigarillos are smaller than that, and have those little mouthpieces
Those are either small cigars or blunts. My bet is on small cigars, because japan.
>>
I'm honestly just not even watching it until a compiled version is released like December Sky
>>
>>15683596
>and have those little mouthpieces

No they don't, unless you're smoking a specific brand fitted with those. And cigarillos can come in a variety of sizes, the only real differentiating factor is that they're skinnier than cigars.
>>
>>15683596
I'm not the dude who said they were blunts, but I like that idea because I have a friend who I'd smoke a lot of blunts with, and we look really similar to those two guys, so I thought it was a particularly funny scene.
>>
>>15683599
Is December Sky worth watching if I've already seen season 1?
>>
>>15683618
I heard they added some more action, so it should be a fun well paced re watch.
>>
>>15683494
The jazz makes my ears bleed. Not everyone likes it. Also story is getting boring. Fucking space monks anon.
Also who is the protagonist? Oh that's right IT'S WHOEVER WE WANT
>>
>>15683283
原作者と一緒にタバコ吸ったんでしょ、悪くは無かった、ZZの時代まで書いて、ネオジオン版ガンダムチームを作るのは作者しだい、やってる事はフリーダムべースの強襲特殊チーム、ラストサンでそれっぽいのがあるがワザとか知らんが装備とキャラが酷い
>>
>>15683628
anon please
>>
>>15683517
>yfw Amuro didn't get any of this cool shit that shouldn't exist.

FUCK THIS SERIES
>>
I'm just annoyed with how slow S2 seeks to be in comparison with S1, but maybe that's because I can binge watch the first season while we have to wait a whole month per episode, which I don't understand.
>>
File: Metal as fuck.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Metal as fuck.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>15683626
I too hope for more exposition on the Space monk faction, but a large spiritual group forming after a devastating war isn't too far fetched. That we're getting to see some of their mobile suits in action, along with Claudia's return signals promising things ahead. I don't know what to tell you about the Jazz, I think it's great and one of the best parts about the show.

>>15683633
Sunrise is just setting up the UC for Amuro's return, r-right? Amuro cameo at the end of S2 when?

>>15683628
I don't speak moonrunes
>>
>>15683566
This pretty much. I feel like the big thing right now is how s2 is focusing on all the action scenes from the manga, leaving out many story scenes after it became more story-based. The characters and story end up being butchered in order to quickly go from one action scene to the next with no breathing room.

s1 was pretty much a 1:1 adaptation of the first three volumes of the manga and it was better for it. s2 needed at least a cours worth of episodes to properly adapt it's source material.
>>
>>15683666
I guess I can't comment on that since I haven't read the manga. It's funny that you say that you feel like the show is losing it's emphasis on plot, I feel that season 2 pays more attention to plot than 1, but I also understand how you could argue that Season 1 introduced things more slowly, it just introduced less things.
>>
>>15683646
月の満ちずりってなんだ?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>15683592
either you or people around you roll shitty blunts then. They can be rolled into that size and shape easily
>>
>>15683682
s2's attention to the plot feels more like a compilation movie's take on it to me. There's some really good scenes, like Io at Claudia's grave, that were not animated that better flesh things out.

But trust me, you could skip the first three volumes of the manga after watching the first season and not miss a thing.
>>
>>15683691
That's a nice cigarette
>>
>>15683508
WHY THE FUCK YOU GUYS DON'T WANNA TALK TO ME!? REEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>15683691
If it aint backwoods it aint me nigga

>>15683695
Interesting, I definitely agree that Claudia's return would have had even more weight to it if we saw Lo at her supposed grave.

Honestly, I wish Sunrise could just cut the AU shit and switch to more TB quality UC shit while making the same/more $
>>
サンダーボルトは一年戦争の話なので第2次ネオジオン戦争の機体は使えない、昔のゲーム業界のスタッフはジオンのラスボス機はゲルググぐらいだとため息をついていた
>>
>>15683283

None of the characters are likable but I'm just watching it for mecha scenes anyways.
>>
>>15683696
タバコは他の製作者やファン、善意の団体で作るのが基準、送り方、制作の仕方、火の付け方を知らない者がやっても意味が無い
>>
File: fuk.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>15683731
>Not genuinely liking our boy Daryl
>Not enjoying Lo's cheeky cunt personality
Do you not like having nice things, anon?
>>
>>15683466
Pretty much this.
>>
>>15683733

マリファナを毎日吸う
>>
>>15683468
Season 1 was pretty much everything it needed to be. The pacing was perfect. Season 2 can't help but be kind of drawn out because it is much more of a big anime arc as opposed to the tight vignette of S1. But they're still doing a good job.

I'm kind of triggered that you're watching S2 without seeing S1 first though bro
>>
>>15683780
I've seen S1, but I just don't remember being so blown away by it. I think it's because I watched the episodes when they were released, and the 4 episode series was already spread thin enough. With this, I got to watch an hour of content in one sitting. I'll probably watch December sky before the new episode comes out.
>>
>>15683626
>who is the protagonist?

who was the protagonist during the Siege of Troy? who the fuck cares? are you so simple that you can't deal with the idea of two protagonists that are also each other's antagonists? are you so goddamn stupid that you consider that an actual criticism of the work?

>>15683741
if you asked them what they like they would probably blurt out something completely autistic, so i'll just leave them to their opinion
>>
I like Thunderbolt I just wish it wasn't UC but people are just too connected to the OYW.

Thunderbolt basically is AU for UC anyway.
>>
>>15683283
>Why is there not more hype about Thunderbolt S2 here?

Would you hype shit ?
>>
>>15684272
But it's good.
>>
Are all the episodes out yet? I want to watch it all at the same time like December Sky.

Will they be doing a compilation like DS too?
>>
File: image029.jpg (306KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image029.jpg
306KB, 850x1200px
>>15685153
Final episode is out in a couple of days
They haven't announced a compilation, probably because S2 isn't as self contained as S1. S2 is basically the prologue to the whole SSA arc. The manga is only a couple of volumes ahead of where things are now, and the arc still isn't done
>>
retcons in my gundam~?
>>
Honestly at this point I'm just fucking sick of constant new U.C. series, I get that they're really only to sell model kits but it's hard to get invested in series that's most likely going to end with every named character dead.
>>
>>15685763
Yea, but this is THE best UC show, fuck it, the best Gundam show made in the past decade. So I could care less about the setting.
>>
>>15685810
PRAISE BE brother.
>>
The action, MS variation, and music is good at least. Everything else is pretty bland which is a shame. Solid 5/10
>>
>>15683283
because space monks are dumb
>>
>>15690364
that point is whatever since unicorn tried to relate Zeonism with christianity
>>
Did we get Daryl's Acguy rampage yet, or is that Season 3?
>>
What is even the point of Thunderbolt? They'll all be dead by the time Zeta happens anyway.
>>
File: 1442970273879.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442970273879.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>15690436
Just a spin off with more jazz and grim tones while everything else takes a back seat. Something will probably eventually happen with the two main characters. Maybe.
>>
>>15683283
People are tired of stale UCshit.
>>
>>15683494
>>GOAT Soundtrack & atmosphere
The soundtrack is decent, it's trying too hard to seem mature imo.
Same goes for the atmosphere.
>>Good Protagonists
The main characters are about as developed as IBOs main crew which isn't saying much
>>Serviceable story which takes a backseat to let the GOAT action sequences show the erratic and unplanned nature of war.
The story is servicable but becomes really goofy and "anime" at times which causes a bit of dissonance for me.
The action scenes are fine though.
As for "showing the erratic nature of war?" I've seen other entries handle this better.

Thunderbolt's a decent Gundam entry, but a lot of people rate it hiher because of the smoke & mirrors.
>>
>>15683646
Amuro coming bad into anything would be horrible.
They should leave him alone, his story concluded decades ago.
>>
>>15683741
Io is a cardboard cutout "tough guy" character.
He's barely been developed past his gimmicks such as "likes jazz" and "pilots Gundam to kill rival"
It's like they're trying to emulate Spike, Hei or Van but from memory after watching those series drunk.

Daryl's a bit better though and has actual character to him.
But I haven't taken enough of a close look into him to find any faults, Io's writing is just so blatantly in your face that I couldn't not notice it.
>>
>>15684272
This, hypefags are /v/-tier cancer
>>
>>15690377
Unicorn didn't do that.
It was literally one scene in a church.
Plus the following episode has Muslim Zeon so that doesn't make sense.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.