[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCA vs EoE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_20170711-131859.jpg (208KB, 1040x412px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-131859.jpg
208KB, 1040x412px
>which one did you enjoy more
>which one did you think was the objectively superior movie
>which one would you have rather been the protagonist of
>>
I like the part where Char masturbated over Amuro's comatose body
>>
CCA the best ending in all of anime
>>
>>15682537
I liked EoE way more and thought it was better. While CCA was like someone spat in Amuro's and Char's legacy, they deserved way way way better.
>>
>>15682537
>which one did you enjoy more

CCA if only for the space setting and the least shitty cast of characters (although there are a couple of stupid ones in there as well)

>which one did you think was the objectively superior movie

Neither one. End of Evangelion is a piece of shit especially if you've already seen the tv series. As for CCA it's a film that makes you hate it no matter how much you may like the setting etc...
In any case, those 2 films are 2 that I own, have watched but will never ever watch them again.
>>
>>15682537
The one that isn't eva to all accounts.

By Virtue of not being Eva.
>>
CCA of course.
CCA ending > EoE
>>
>>15682537
EoE functions waaaay better as a "series finale" kind of movie and is way more compelling. The moments you get with all of the characters that you've come to know were very effective, and even if you hate the ending you have to admit it took some balls for them to go where they did.

CCA is just kind of a mediocre (robot) war movie with good action scenes, a really questionably shitty cast for a fucking finale, and a really awkwardly handled sacrificial ending. Like I'm okay with Amuro and Char dying in a psychic explosion but the dialogue and everything was just horseshit.
>>
Kind of a weird comparison, I think a better one would be EoE and Ideon: Be Invoked
>>
>>15682612
It's probably bait, since people on here love Gundam and CCA, but they also hate Eva and Anno(or at the very least the ones that hate it are louder).
>>
File: NJDLNJSD.png (576KB, 659x541px) Image search: [Google]
NJDLNJSD.png
576KB, 659x541px
>>15682609
I don't agree with you at all on the Eva discussion but I personally found
>dialogue
of CCA hilarious in the end.
>"Lalah Sune could have been a mother to me!"
>"Lalah Sune? ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGH"
>>
CCA is the worse Gundam anything I have ever had the displeasure of watching. The only good thing about it is the fights. Everything else was terrible.

EoE is a good watch when on acid.
>>
>>15682655
DUDE
>>
I find both had overblown reputation, but Eva had more memorable moments. I also had more time to become accustomed to the kids in Eva, while Hathaway and Quess were just a pain in the ass.
>>
>>15682612
Why? Because the meme says so?
Eva is just as much a rip off of early UC as it is of Ideon, if not more.
>>
Anno thinks CCA is better
>>
>>15682609
>EoE functions waaaay better as a "series finale" kind of movie
That's because it is. CCA isn't a finale, it's a far off sequel.
>>
>>15682645
What's the deal with animal crackers already?
>>
>>15682662
Wait, how? Coming of age story? Having a command bridge? Those are both way too broad.
>>
File: RIPasty.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
RIPasty.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>15682661
>he didn't cry when Astonaige died
I was fucking furious because I thought Chan blasted him with her rocket engines but it was actually just a stray shot.
RIP.
>>
>>15682671
Themes.Characterization.
Ideon is still similar to UC but doesn't focus on the individual psychology of the characters to such an extent as UC does.
>>
>>15682662
No because those two movies are way more similar that CCA which is nothing like them at all
Don't know what "meme" you're talking about, I actually watched the movies unlike you
>>
>>15682704
Can't you read?
I said that Eva is much more like CCA in terms of themes and characterization.
Is it that hard to imagine that there could be anything else to a movie besides the plot?
>>
>>15682717
And you're saying Be Invoked isn't similar to EoE in that regard, because I think it is
and in terms of "besides the plot", EoE and Be Invoked were both released as replacements to the endings of their TV series, something CCA wasn't
>>
>>15682748
>And you're saying Be Invoked isn't similar to EoE in that regard
No. I've already said whatever I had to say.
>>
>>15682659
ACID
>>
eva
>>
>>15682537

EoE. The fight with the MP evas was pretty cool while I didn't really feel much for the CCA fights.

It was also a better closure for Shinji's story than CCA was for Amuro's story.

Both had really nice music I like
>>
>>15682537

Well, lets see.

They both suffer the flaw of being very dependent on prior material to make any kind of sense. Watching CCA or EoE without the franchises up until that point would make either movie basically nonsense. So that forces us to broaden the scope of our critique a bit.

I didn't find CCA to be that great a finisher for the Gundam plots that fed into it. The movie is very much wrapped up in new characters and technologies that didn't have any prior buildup, detracting from this being a sendoff to the UC storyline up until that point. The plot depends a lot on people making some spectacularly dumb decisions, and Char's motivation was all over the place to the point that "Char is committing suicide by Amuro as a mid life crises" is entirely fan-retcon to add a sense of purpose to the movie after the fact, that's context not conveyed by the movie itself. The Mobile suit designs are nice, but I found the fights involving them well animated by kinda uninspired. None of this felt really all that different from a higher budget episode of a Gundam show, until suddenly psychoframe magic out of fucking nowhere, a plot device that has lowered the quality of UC writing going forward because any time they need something to happen they can just say 'Psychoframe, I don't have to explain shit' (see: Unicorn).
>>
>>15683238

End of Evangelion, on the other hand, spends its runtime tearing down all of the characters and familiar environments we have come to know over the course of the show rather than focus on new stuff. Even the MP Evas, while never actually seen before, were mentioned multiple times in the show as a project that was nearing completion. So that's good continuity.

While not a lot of fights, the MP Eva battle with Unit 02 is one of the best fights in the franchise and is a fight setup totally unlike any of the angel Boss Battle type fights we saw before, so it brought something new to the table. And the movie climaxes with the resolution to Shinji's show-spanning character arc, so that's some good narrative resolution.

Most importantly, I think, EoE defined the Evangelion franchise in the years to come. When people talk about the tone and style of Evangelion, a lot of what people talk about is based in End of Evangelion movie rather than the show itself. Its such a defining part of the show that is changes the perception of the episodes leading up to it in retrospect, and a lot of people consider it the definitive end of the series instead of the last two episodes.

So I'm going to go with EoE as the superior movie. It fills its roll better and left a much bigger impression on the work it belonged to. Gundam would have chugged along just fine without CCA if that movie never existed, but I'm honestly not sure that Evangelion would have had the staying power it does without the infamous End of Evangelion.
>>
File: 20170630_133321.jpg (321KB, 948x572px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_133321.jpg
321KB, 948x572px
>>15683238
>technologies that didn't have any prior buildup
Biosenser from Zeta is a proto-psychoframe
>"Char is committing suicide by Amuro as a mid life crises" is entirely fan-retcon
I've only hard that one autist say this unironically
>psychoframe magic out of fucking nowhere, a plot device that has lowered the quality of UC writing going forward
Only happens in Unicorn.
>>15683247
>It fills its roll better
Only because the ending of the show was nonsense compared tho the episodes that preceded it
>left a much bigger impression on the work it belonged to
Yes but yet you accused other works of Gundam trying to replicate it's movie as a bad thing
>>
>>15682537
I like EoE more however CCA has some serious potential that was held back through a very slow first half and a ridiculously hectic second half. I've grown to appreciate CCA a lot more as time went on but the first time I saw it I was livid at how gay Char wasn't being the entire time.
>>
>>15682665
I'm not really sure myself but I know there's a manga panel floating around here somewhere in which Haman comes to get Char then says she brought him those animal crackers he likes. Her soldiers then start laughing at her and calling her a tsundere.
>>
>>15682537
Shit thread with even shittier bait replies.
>>
>>15682537
CCA.
Not alot movies out there can make me shed some manly tears. Especially at the end when everyone from Londo Bell, the Feds to Neo Zeon all came together to stop Axis and that one Jegan trying to save this one Gaera Doga from slipping away just show that when Earth is at stake everyone must come together to her rescue despite the difference in ideology or race.
>>
>>15682672
He's not dead, if you watch closely you can see him flying past the hangar.
>>
>>15684909
Yeah with big bloody gape in his chest.
>>
Char's Counterattack is a film that can only really be appreciated by people who already really like Gundam and the way it tells its robot-war stories (and even then, it gets a lot of fan backlash).

End of Evangelion is the kind of thing which you can show to a lot of people who like art-films and they might still get a kick out of its surreal imagery. Plus there's some pretty striking use of music.

EoE, and Evangelion as a whole, has found something of an audience outside of anime fans (note Wes Anderson saying EoE is one of his favourite films). Char's Counterattack has not found any real appeal outside of the gundam diehards. Sorry babes.
>>
The only babby here is (You).
>>
File: 1493547380640.jpg (172KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493547380640.jpg
172KB, 720x960px
>>15684632
>>
>>15684981

It says a lot that you could basically write a short book breaking down and analyzing the last 5 mimutes of EoE. Its a deliciously ambigious scene.
>>
>>15685247
I always liked that page.
>>
>>15685278
I still don't know what it's from
>>
>>15685248
Would it also say absolutely nothing just like that 5 minutes did?
>>
>>15682566
>CCA was like someone spat in Amuro's and Char's legacy, they deserved way way way better.
kys normalfag
CCA completes Char's character arc that was set up all the way in the 2nd half of MSG
>>
File: seed47.png (155KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
seed47.png
155KB, 629x354px
>>15685523
>2nd half of MSG
>not the first episode where he jobs to Amuro at Side 7
>>
Eva has basically nothing redeeming about it.
>>
Eoe was so much better, you can't compare these two
>>
>>15682537
EoE is the best movie I've ever seen. Fuckin fight me
>>
>>15686549
Have you seen French New Wave 60s cinema?
>>
>>15686551
Not him, but are there any robots in that gay shit? I don't think so.
>>
>>15686551
French New Wave is radically overrated and Godard is a hack, the only one of any worth in that group is melville and he's not really a part od it
>>
>>15686490
>first episode where he jobs
The only reason he didn't win in that episode was because the Gundam's armor was more protective than he expected and far more than his Zaku, and he didn't have the equipment necessary to take him on
>>
貴様ら、ザクやグフで散々変な物と戦わらせた、俺の当てつけか?
>>
>>15686607
Not him, but does Shinji actually have a reason for getting into the robot in the gay shit that is EoE? I don't think so.
>>
>>15687578
>does Shinji actually have a reason for getting into the robot in the gay shit that is EoE?
I mean it's not like the world would end if he didn't so...
>>
>>15687875
He literally got into the mech just to sit there and go into sperg euphoria. He didn't even attempt to fight the MPs for fucks sake.
>>
>>15682537
Be Invoke
>>
File: big girl.png (1MB, 1204x900px) Image search: [Google]
big girl.png
1MB, 1204x900px
For me, basically: CCA feels unnecessary, or at least it feels like it could have been handled differently. EoE is the logical conclusion to Eva redone on a better budget.

I also really don't like how everything revolved around the Lalah love triangle in CCA. Was it because of the fans? Because Lalah and their rivalry didn't seem as important during the decades between the OYW and CCA. It's like Zeta and ZZ didn't happen at all. Are there even any events or characters that play an important role in CCA from those serieses? Char feels like he de-evolved as a character and Amuro... is still a boring protagonist. Maybe if CCA had been a miniseries, or a series of movies and they had had more time to flesh out the scene, I'd feel different, but as it is, even Unicorn feels a better end note to UC.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.