[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yeeeeessssssss What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

>Yeeeeessssssss

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>15681271
He means "yes"
>>
>>15681271

He meant Yaaaaaasssssss

Sassysaurus rollerblade Megatron is best Megatron
>>
File: inferno.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
inferno.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>15681286
slay, my queen
>>
>>15681271
Was Waspinator intended to be a meme in Beast Wars intentionally?
>>
>>15681322
We used to call such characters 'comedy relief'.
>>
Why was Rhinox so much better as a Predacon?
>>
>>15681353
Because his characterization was all over the place in Beasties, when he even showed up?
>>
File: BW_Predacons (2).jpg (155KB, 819x529px) Image search: [Google]
BW_Predacons (2).jpg
155KB, 819x529px
Oh so now everyone likes beast wars huh
>>
>>15681412
Grew up as a kid watching Beast Wars and can still safely say I was never a fan of it. And still not to this day.
>>
>>15681271
I miss BW Megatron
I think a lot of the time Transformers falls into the trap of having Megatron talk mostly just to Starscream and Soundwave because that's how G1 did it. BW didn't have those two, and so Megatron was free to bitch about all the other idiots working for him
>>
>>15681322
No, the writers just hated him that much that they scrapped him in every ep. After they got wind of the fan reactions, then it became a meme.
>>
>>15681271
>voiced both Optimus and Megatron
>did a fucking fantastic job at both
>is also /ourguy/ Treize
David Kaye is based as fuck
>>
>>15681271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJkvwoddxY
>>
>>15681412
Grew up as a kid watching Beast Wars and can still safely say I was always a fan of it. And still am to this day.
>>
>>15681412
Grew up as a kid not watching Beast Wars but I can safely say I became a fan of it later. And still am to this day even though I recognize its faults.

It's not the greatest cartoon, but it's the only TF show I regularly go back to. Sometimes Beast Machines too while I'm at it.
>>
>>15681322
No. They reason he got blown up every episode was that his flying animation was a pain to animate.
>>
File: brushy.gif (429KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
brushy.gif
429KB, 300x229px
>>15681271
Loved that show's intro theme.
>>
>>15681271
>My mind's telling me no...
>>
People liked Beast Wars??
>>
>>15683772
100%
>>
>>15683772
Yesss
>>
>>15683772
Beast Wars was fucking amazing, especially for it's time. It's just a shame that it's one of those series that /NEVER/ got a sequel.
>>
>>15681412
I mean I watched it when it came out, and I am now 29; so yes at that age, at that time, Beast Wars was pretty godlike. It was like the gritty UC Gundam of Transformers followed by the hideous AU-esque mess that was Beast Machines.

pretty sure I will never revisit it though
>>
>>15681400
>Beasties
Stop that shit. Right the fuck now.
>>
File: 1496135001100.jpg (116KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
1496135001100.jpg
116KB, 500x457px
>>15681271
He meant that the Maximals will be made O B S O L E T E.
>>
>>15684017
It's hard for some people to let go of the title. The Moral Police in Canada objected to using the word "war" in a children's toy/cartoon and the title got changed not long after it launched. It's all some people knew it as growing up.
>>
File: yes.png (133KB, 550x770px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
133KB, 550x770px
>>15681271
>>
Was THIS series a /m/istake?
>>
>>15684073
See also: Shadow Raiders.
>>
>>15684023
So would other deceptions, evidently.
>>
>>15686209
Shadow Raiders is a better title than War Planets, though. Beasties, much as it is a part of my childhood, sounds like a breakfast cereal.
>>
>>15686201
Maybe not entirely, but it was sure full of them.
>>
File: Eagle.png (442KB, 578x437px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle.png
442KB, 578x437px
>>15686201
Very few series manage to piss me off, but Beast Machines gets that distinction. It's fucking Transformers, all I wanted was some more goofy robot action. The head up the ass, pseudo philosophical ramblings about the roles of nature and technology were even more out of place than the fucking IDW gay relationships, those designs are complete ass, and every character from the prior show was butchered if they even returned at all. The show seemed to forget that the Decepticons should be more than mindless drones serving Megatron. Beast Wars isn't even my favorite Transformers show and I never saw it as a kid, but watching it get so thoroughly ruined made me want to throttle the writers to kingdom come. I'm glad that it has been mostly forgotten even though that's still more than it deserves.
>>
>>15681412
>>15683772
What cave do you live in? BW is pretty damn acclaimed, I hardly ever see anything but praise for it. Only consistent criticism seems to be that the graphics don't hold up. I know people got triggered by the animal motif back in the day, but that was 20 years ago.
>>
>>15686256
>The show seemed to forget that the Decepticons should be more than mindless drones serving Megatron.
He had everyone reformatted and made into mindless drones as a deliberate part of his plan for conquest. Even decepticons that were on Cybertron when he took over were victims.

But yeah the philosophy was very dumb... It seemed to act as if the forms in Beast Machines were the first time they were truly biomechanical. Even though there are multiple instances in the original Beast Wars of bots eating solid foods and meat, and it is shown that if they stay in beast mode for too long they begin to give in to the nature and personality of their organic form.
You could debate that the new forms in Beast Machines were a mix of organic and mechanical in both animal and bot mode... but that applies to Transmetals just as much.
>>
>>15686313
Yeah, I know what Megatron did, and it was retarded both from a writing perspective (villains have little to no character) and from a narrative one (As treacherous and chaotic as the Decepticons are, they would have still probably been more of a threat to the Maximals than the Vehicons; if Megatron was going to do that, he should have waited until he had finished off the Maximals entirely)
>>
>>15686284
>I know people got triggered by the animal motif back in the day, but that was 20 years ago.
TRUKK NOT MUNKY
>>
>>15686201
Watched it last year. I liked the concepts and mystical aspect, but the execution was bad: Megatron staying at home all day, too much running through empty, blue environments, repetitive fights...
>>
>>15686760
True, they could have utilized the base idea much better. The entire series, despite being so short, feels long and repetitive to the point where I can barely distinguish between the episodes. I know they hada budget, but I'd really have loved to see them explore other parts of Cybertron, liven things up a bit with some variety. Delve deeper into the culture Megatron has deleted from history, maybe even bring back those part-organic monsters that lived under the surface in one of the G1 eps.
The no-nonsense philosophical aspect was hard to swallow to begin with, but it could have made for a good, unique show if done right. But they halfassed it.

I sometimes wish it was a standalone unrelated to previous shows, but the setup and the Maximal drama depended a lot on the ending of Beast Wars. It's a lose-lose situation either way, the series (toy line included) was just screwed from its planning stage.
>>
>>15681412
nostalgia
>>
>>15686201
>What they did to Rattrap

I will never forgive them. The only design that wasn't utter shit was Cheetor's.
>>
>>15686201
>Megaton is an invalid in a cacoon
I really hated what they did to Cheetor
>>
>>15686256
>but watching it get so thoroughly ruined made me want to throttle the writers to kingdom come
Reportedly, Hasbro execs didn't even want the writers to know anything about Beast Wars before starting the show. It would explain a lot.
>>
>>15687520

thne only thing good about BM is that they made CCA ending logical

you can replace the last dialogue between Optimus and Megatron with Amuro and Char
>>
>>15683772
you are probably thinking of beast machines
>>
>>15681412
Dude I fucking loved Beast Wars, that shit with Depth Charge still gets me to this day. Dinobot's death still strikes a cord with me.
>>
>>15687792
You know that would make sense as to why I thought Beast Machines would be better if it was it's own thing and not a sequel to anything. Being a sequel to beast wars makes it a hell of a lot worse.
>>
>>15686256
>Rhinox's personality returns
>He's pure evil with intentions to control Cybertron

I was forever baffled by that.
>>
>>15688289
I always expected Depth Charge to learn the power of friendship or something. That he mostly didn't felt unprecedented at the time.
>>
what a satisfying finale. megatron captured, and the good guys get to go home and enjoy a well-earned victory. too bad they never did a sequel series!
>>
>>15687742
>I really hated what they did to Cheetor
Why though? He was probably the only Beast Wars character who wasn't completely shit on in Beast Machines and actually had a decent character arc. Even his character design was the only Maximal that wasn't complete shit.
>>
>>15686343
They did that because it was dumbass pseudo philosophy too. Individual hippies vs mindless military cooperation aka the man

Somehow they made Rhinox, the only spiritual character from BW into a bad guy. Just, what the fuck? He went astral projecting ffs.

Also christ the hippies even had a flower transformer and meditating to transform. Fucking hippies
>>
>>15688289
The trans mutate episode was amazing
>>
File: BW.jpg (15KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
BW.jpg
15KB, 300x220px
I had 6 or so of these that I got from McDonalds as a child. Always got the wolf...nothing else.
>>
>>15692851
The point was supposed to be Rhinox saw Megatron's plan as being the only way Cybertron could be permanently peaceful. But something got lost in translation when voice acting, and Rhinox's VA made it sound like he'd gone crazy.
>>
>>15692874
I had the manta. Long gone now.
>>
File: _DSC3764.jpg (196KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC3764.jpg
196KB, 1200x800px
>>15693043
I had the pre-TV show Optimus (a bat)/Megatron (a croc). The gorilla and t-rex figures looked baller as fuck and I always wanted them
>>
>>15686760
>Megatron staying at home all day, too much running through empty, blue environments, repetitive fights...

The show is honestly just plain boring

>>15687553
I only saw the early episodes of BW as a kid, didn't see the rest of the series as an adult during the early days of YT and I still love it.
>>
File: T-Beast_Primal.jpg (942KB, 1280x1665px) Image search: [Google]
T-Beast_Primal.jpg
942KB, 1280x1665px
So partially related to Beast Wars, TF Con revealed that one of those 3rd party companies is going to do a series based on the T Beast doujin designs.
>>
File: 1500165408929.jpg (361KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1500165408929.jpg
361KB, 2000x1125px
>>15696218
Also shown were silhouettes of Bull Sideswipe and not sure who that tiger is.
>>
>>15696218

What a shame, this guy's best designs are some of the beast Gundams like the giraffe and weird enemy designs.
>>
What was the whole point of Starscream's spark apparently traveling back through time?
>>
>>15696249

It made a great episode?
>>
>>15696218
I wished for more BW 3rd parties... and I have received.
>>
>>15696303
Wake me when we get a new Depth Charge or Rampage
>>
>>15696249
>Get to use an old character without making a new design
>Laugh at waspinator
What more do you need?
>>
>>15696249
The point was to show that no matter where in time or space Starscream ends up, he's still a loser.
>>
>>15697225
Not him, but it would have been cool if Chris Latta lived long enough to voice him again.
>>
>>15686201
The concept? No.
The execution, however couldn't have fucked up any harder
>>
>>15681271
he meant "no."
obviously.
>>
>>15697252
He was in talks to do so before he died, sadly
>>
>>15686201
No only mistake was the BWfags crying NOT MUH for years on end.
>>
>>15700215
Beast Machines not only had no business being a Beast Wars sequel, it had no business being a children's cartoon at all
>>
BW Megatron's voice is pretty good
>>
>>15701231
Better than Welker's raspy old man.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.