[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Gainax and Leiji Matsumoto project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (607KB, 1966x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
607KB, 1966x1418px
Gainax and Production GoodBook are working on a new Trilogy for the Leiji Matsumoto Universe.

Part of the staff have been release, see the picture.
I will make good scan of the 2 postcard I get later this month.

There is a site but I don't speak runes so it's useless to me.

http://zero-century.net/
>>
File: 2.jpg (526KB, 1735x1276px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
526KB, 1735x1276px
>>
Lazy memes aside I really liked that Daft Punk music video, so this should be fine. Knowing Gainax it'll at least be super slutty
>>
>>15677319
>super slutty Leiji gals
proceed...
>>
>>15676998
Sheeit, this looks cool, I'll keep an eye on it.
>>
>>15676998
Leiji has retired already.

So taking another 9 years to complete?

This will mainly cater towards 45-50 year olds then, those who grew up in the late 70s.
>>
>>15678328
It really doesn't leave me hopeful that it will get finished. They had a whole Mahoroba production art display at a store a few years ago, that somebody has apparently DMCAed all traces of from the internet.
>>
>>15676998
It's going to be terrible. Not to be a downer. Gainax has basically no talented directors. The last Harlock anime was a CGI shitfest.
Also, why not star with Harlock, since he has the broadest appeal? Why even announce the third movie when it's so far away? It doesn't sound like much planning went into this.
>>
>>15679861
Just saw Yamaga is going to be directing it. Still not very hopeful, but at least that's good.
>>
File: anus.png (179KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
anus.png
179KB, 225x350px
>>15676998
>Gainax

Didn't the Master already finish them off with a lawsuit?
>>
>>15679861
>Gainax has basically no talented directors
Didn't Yamaga direct a little film called Wings of Honneamise? If he has it in him to muster a fraction of that quality, then he still has talent.
>>
>>15679861
>Also, why not star with Harlock, since he has the broadest appeal?
Gainax wanted to make Emeraldas' tits bounce first?
>>
>>15679942
>Didn't Yamaga direct a little film called Wings of Honneamise?
He also directed Abenobashi
>>
>>15679942
>>15679866
>>
>>15679942
>>15680112
Not the most stellar track record
>>
>>15680112
>Abenobashi
That was really good FLCL actually done right and not as fucking terrible with a great message, the mecha episode was great as well.
>>
File: 1498507467981.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498507467981.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>15680307
>great message
>You don't have to actually grow up because you have magic powers to bring your grandpa back to life
>>
>>15676998
I really want this to happen but there's been at least other 5 Leiji anime announced that never saw the light of day.
>>
>>15680522
We're still waiting on Aoki Uru from Gainax as well. I doubt we'll see any of it.
>>
>>15679868
Yes, there is a lawsuit going on, and Gainax is not in a very good shape, but still I hope to see something good coming out of a Yamaga/Sadamoto's work.
>>
>>15680112
From the autobiographical Aoi Honoo, Yamaga is a talentless leech who can't draw.
>>
>>15676998
mfw those are the actual release years
>>
File: Harlock-raflesia8.jpg (56KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Harlock-raflesia8.jpg
56KB, 768x576px
I just finished the 78 Harlock series (for the third time) and i really want a sequel with the blue Arcadia, Mayu, Mime,Mazone, Queen Rafelsia and THAT Harlock. Or better yet a WWI and WWII straight drama non sci fi Harlock series.
>>
>>15685883
>a WWI and WWII straight drama non sci fi Harlock series.
Handled anywhere near the greatness of the Cockpit OVA trilogy, and it would be cool. Matsumoto has a ton of war stories to draw on.
>>
Would anyone be able to tell me about Leiji Matsumoto's involvement with the harlock and galaxy express anime. I am unsure as to whether he actually worked on the script or if they are just adaptions of his manga.
>>
Looks bland and uninspired.
>>
>>15686550
Dunno about GE, but Harlock is just very loose adaptation.
>>
>>15686550
>>15686888
GE999 TV is a straight adaptation of the manga, a very faithful rendition of Matsumoto's philosophy. The GE movie was a huge production that even had the legendary live action director Kon Ichikawa (Burmese Harp, Tokyo Olympiad, Fires on the Plane) working on the screenplay, and Matsumoto probably had some direct involvement there.

I've heard that Matsumoto wasn't totally satisfied with Harlock 78 TV, and felt the AOMY movie truer to his vision. Shit like that annoying daughter of Tochiro was added to appeal to kids for the show. It's still a great work, classic Rintaro.
>>
Did anyone ever scan the volumes of GE 999 viz release or am I going to have to pay ass prices to get the books used?
>>
>>15689364
It was probably on bakabt before they went into hiding.
>>
>>15689364
The prices for them aren't that bad. Viz never published the last 2 volumes, though. Like the last one ties in Galaxy Railways anime.
>>
>>15692060
Guess its time to learn Japanese. Wish me luck.
>>
>>15692189
In addition to GE999, there's literally most everything else by Matsumoto that's also untranslated. Add the original 70s GE999 series too, as the Viz volumes were the later series. Very little of his shit in English.

So yeah, a useful thing if you like his stuff.
>>
>>15682230
Directors don't actually need to be able to draw to direct. They're directors, not storyboard artists or animators.
>>
>>15693126
Indeed. A good example is Isao Takahata.
>>
>>15686888
Good, because I read the Harlock manga and it's really dull.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.