[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was CCA such a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (153KB, 1328x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1328x738px
Why was CCA such a masterpiece?
>>
File: nugundamjustforshow.gif (2MB, 798x553px) Image search: [Google]
nugundamjustforshow.gif
2MB, 798x553px
>>15672596
It singlehandedly fucked the UC timeline forever and turned Char from a decent character into a memeing madman.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>15672638
But that was Zeta
>>
>>15672638
Char was always a sociopath, though, even in 0079.
>>
>>15672719
>it's Sociopathy forcer again
https://youtu.be/2k0SmqbBIpQ
>>
File: q.png (5KB, 472x260px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
5KB, 472x260px
Char was an asshole in 0079.
Char shown that he had grown up and matured in Zeta.
Char is back to being an asshole in CCA.
I almost want to agree with that one anon about the correct order of viewing being pic related.
>>
I laughed my ass off when he started crying and whining about how amuro ruined his life and tortured him by not dying. I hate this movie so much.
>>
File: ?.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>15672596
Who was Char praying to?
>>
File: 34206.jpg (39KB, 225x323px) Image search: [Google]
34206.jpg
39KB, 225x323px
>>15673112
Who do you think?
>>
>>15672719
How was Char a sociopath in 0079? He was getting revenge for his father and clearly portrayed as an anti-hero since he was doing the feddies jobs' for them by the end.
>>
>>15673218
>sorry I'm sitting back and watching the fireworks while white base blows your ass to smithereens, garma, but I really want to make your dad suffer because I blame him for my father's death lol. See ya, Mwahahahaha!!
It's very easy to mistake him for being a sociopath because he was incredibly disturbed, but he still demonstrates a capacity for empathy. He's emotionally immature though, which is why he acts like a total maniac sometimes, especially in CCA.
>>
Because it's hyped up to be one.
>>
>>15673245
I think something had broken in him by CCA, something even 0079 char still held on to.
>>
>>15673245
>I blame him

But it was his fault though? And he turned Zeon from a humanist movement to space nazi colony droppers that almost destroyed the Earth. What the fuck do you expect Char to do? Have gay sex with Garma who is obviously going to also carry out his father's legacy?

I'll admit in CCA he went insane but in 0079 he wasn't a sociopath, he was enacting a revenge which was well deserved on an awful family of human beings.
>>
>>15673264
>who is obviously going to also carry out his father's legacy?
Seriously debatable.
>>
File: Char's Midlife Crisis.png (49KB, 1429x685px) Image search: [Google]
Char's Midlife Crisis.png
49KB, 1429x685px
>>15673250
This sort of touches on that.
>>
>>15673273
>debatable

That's the point. The reason he killed them all is so that they could never conceivably return, either as martyrs or a family dictatorship. He was trying to make people return to his father's newtype autism greenpeace movement.
>>
File: 1417372484899.png (354KB, 481x485px) Image search: [Google]
1417372484899.png
354KB, 481x485px
>>15673264
>But it was his fault though?
We don't know.

>And he turned Zeon from a humanist movement to space nazi colony droppers that almost destroyed the Earth
That was Gihren, not Degwin.

>who is obviously going to also carry out his father's legacy?
>implied that he was considering leaving the military to live with his wife

>in 0079 he wasn't a sociopath
>It's very easy to mistake him for being a sociopath because he was incredibly disturbed, but he still demonstrates a capacity for empathy

>revenge which was well deserved on an awful family of human beings
Are we really doing this again?

>>15673304
That's literally not at all what he was trying to do.
>>
>>15673304
Too bad the Zeon (as in, the faction) that all the proceeding Zeon revivals shape themselves after has more in common with the Zabi's Zeon than what his father envisioned. The Zabi's influence outlived even Char.
>>
>>15673205
Mommy
>>
>>15673315
That has more to do with Gundam's popularity than anything though.

Nowadays we know the formula is:
>Zeon clone
>Fed clone
>Insane Char Clone
>LEAVE THE EARTH ALONE REEEEE movement clone
>Oppressed pootypes
>>
>>15673432
>pootypes
D E S I G N A T E D
>>
>>15673582
shitting colonies?
>>
>>15673310
>We don't know.
We do.
>That was Gihren, not Degwin.
Degwin's own personal philosophy was based on the idea that the strong should rule over the weak.
>implied that he was considering leaving the military to live with his wife
Who? Garma? Where?
>That's literally not at all what he was trying to do.
Then literally what was it?
>>
Still better than EoE.
>>
>>15673205
Show me someone who wouldn't pray to her
>>
>>15673623
Gives a new meaning to "colony drop".
>>
File: dropping a colony.jpg (50KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
dropping a colony.jpg
50KB, 700x525px
>>15673847
Not very new
>>
>>15673250
>>15673286
I don't like this middle-age crisis meme. I feel it dramatically misses the thematic core of the series.
The crisis of young adulthood is establishing yourself in the world by forming the relationships that you will need for the rest of your life. To his own perception Char has completely fallen out of the fringes of society. Shifting the focus of his motivation from a desire to belong to a desire for achievement means entirely misinterpreting the the character and distorting the humanistic tone of the story.
This is sort of related:
>Dakar is meant to be "Char is continuing his father's legacy" moment
It's meant to be "Char is forced to do something he considers really embarrassing by peer pressure" moment. Here Char realizes that he doesn't really belong to the AEUG because his perception of the world is incompatible with theirs and that as long as this remains that way he can never really belong anywhere. He is in a pretty goddamn dark place.
This is sort of related:
>Quattro is not entirely real, but Hayato doesn't know this
A main motif is that adults are dishonest. It is not only Char, but most of the adult cast. In order to be accepted by society you have to compromise parts of yourself that would be offensive to others. This is something you grow to understand as you get older. Char considers himself someone that is pathetic and worthless. To bother somebody else with his person would be painful and humiliating for both parties. Hayato and other adult members of the cast, while not having a way to know why Char feels the way he does, are grateful that he has the decency to not burden them with his problems and for this reason respect his privacy. This establishes a positive rapport between them that encourages Char to believe that this mode of communication is correct but only leads to his further isolation from them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.