[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fair assumptions on most known franchises between west and east?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: the great debate.jpg (234KB, 1212x748px) Image search: [Google]
the great debate.jpg
234KB, 1212x748px
So I was thinking, in the west when it comes to giant robots its transformers the general population knows best, correct?

And in Japan...is it fair to assume gundam is easily the most recognizable to the masses?

And how do we feel about how the Micahael Bay movies attempting to revitalize the series for the current spazzed up generation and gundam moving from real war to...whatever the fuck spawned a 1:1 statue of pure plot armored insanity that is the unicorn?

...and what would be the top #1 mecha between the 2, or neither if one that I'm somehow not aware of is somehow greater, and by greater as in popularity and recognition, quality irrelevant because its subjective over the years
>>
>>15671458
Have you tried lurking for like thirty fucking seconds?

>...
Oh, that explains it.
>>
>>15671461
I read the catalog for 5 mins, I see gundam and current trending shows.

I'm more after what we can strike up in casual conversation with friends or family not what memesters are shitting on
>>
>>15671458
>and what would be the top #1 mecha between the 2, or neither if one that I'm somehow not aware of is somehow greater, and by greater as in popularity and recognition, quality irrelevant because its subjective over the years
I have no idea what you're trying to say
>>
韓国でガンダムはマクロスのバルキリー、結構いい加減
>>
File: gundam hiding.png (472KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam hiding.png
472KB, 640x480px
>>15671476
それは面白いです、ありがとう、Googleを使用して申し訳ありません
>>
>>15671458

> whatever the fuck spawned a 1:1 statue of pure plot armored insanity that is the unicorn?

Char's Counterattack happened, though frankly even a good bit of the stuff before that is fairly crazy and 0079 sowed the seeds of what was to come. Keep in mind 0079 started with a somewhat typical teenager piloting a functionally invincible giant robot and finished with newtype stuff was important to the finale too. Unicorn is basically 'UC Highlights: The Show', and probably references 0079 more than anything
>>
>>15671477
>>15671476
No hablo 日本語
>>
>>15671458
>So I was thinking, in the west when it comes to giant robots its transformers the general population knows best, correct?

It's more of a generational thing, really. My father knows of Transformers from when it aired back in the day and he has little contact with giant robots at all.
Bayformers have thrust it back into the spotlight, but really other things like Voltron are just easily recognizable by people at a passing namedrop.

The best part is what shows other regions have latched onto, like Grendizer being big in the middle east.
>>
>>15671476
This says 'In Korea Gundam is a Valkyrire of Macross, it is fine'.' That's some all your base shit right there.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>15678213
he's right.
in Korea Gundam is a Valkyrie of Macross
and it is fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--FtIFnZBOE
>>
>tfw your parents call your Gundams Transformers, or Voltron is a Megazord.

I love them, but for fuck's sake, it wasn't funny then, and despite my love of dad humor, It's not funny now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.