[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamen Rider OOO appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: (Time Judged All Intensifies).jpg (50KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
(Time Judged All Intensifies).jpg
50KB, 500x281px
What went right?

Everything
>>
>good main villain that's also good comedic relief without being too slapstick
>great supporting cast
>great gimmick
>great suit design
>good emotional moments between the two leads
>great ending
>>
>>15671378

Not so much that the gimmick was great but that it was very, very well executed.
>>
>>15671271
i liked how he had to work with whatever medals he had available at any point
>>
File: 1495228080003.jpg (2MB, 3193x3133px) Image search: [Google]
1495228080003.jpg
2MB, 3193x3133px
>>15671378
>>great ending
Very true.
>>
>>15671378
>good main villain that's also good comedic relief without being too slapstick

Cakeboss is a fucking miracle indeed.
>>
>>15671381
I'd say its both. Kobayashi is generally good with toy handling.
>>
>>15671604
Cakeboss isn't a villain, he meant Maki
>>
The Greeed were the best villains in Toku ever. Appropriately alien yet still human in their desires, appropriately threatening, but more importantly, a crippling flaw that lets you view them in a new light.
>>
I will never stop getting a bit teary-eyed if I remember the final scene ghost handjob woo woo.
>>
Too bad Eiji's actor will never fucking appear again. So we just get some guy yelling out "KAMEN RIDER OOO" in every crossover movie.
>>
File: 1310372911815.jpg (125KB, 865x460px) Image search: [Google]
1310372911815.jpg
125KB, 865x460px
Tfw hina never got to become a Kamen Rider.
>>
>>15671271
Only thing i wasnt a fan of was OOO's fighting style. He had a good gimmick/power ups but unlike only riders i felt his style wasnt dynamic or showed off his personality.
>>
>>15671612
>>15671604
Cakeboss falls under the great supporting characters part, but yeah
>>
>>15671271

The guy in OP looks like a hafu black chick
>>
before finishing this series I wanted to know which version of the final episode is better
>the normal eps 47/48
or
>the directors cut edition
>>
>>15671391
This. It made the gimmick/power ups genuinely tethered to the plot and vice versa in a natural, organic fashion. It's not like Eiji got a more powerful form and then never had to touch anything else again, he could lose access to those medals and have to rely on what was on hand. And it made those moments where he got reduced to a minimal amount of medals a lot more tense.
>>
>>15672931
Both are good, but the Director's Cut edition of those episodes have a few extra scenes and you can hear the characters talking over the credits. Other than that it's just the same as the normal 47/48, so it's really up to you which one you want to watch.
>>
Apparantly the rest of the Greeed were originally supposed to find characters to ally with too, like how Kazari did with Maki or Ankh did with Eiji (or Hina/Hina's brother, technically). Mezool was supposed to ally with Eiji and become some sort of imouto-type character to him, Uva was supposed to ally with Date and then fight over the Birth belt with Gotou when he died (Date was supposed to permanently die originally), and Gamel would've been with Cakeboss because cake. Though Ankh was also planned to betray Eiji & co and become full villain in the end too.
>>
>>15672052
>Honestly, between doing a cameo in a toku franchise and be a JUST spokesman for pokemon shorts; why should you choose the latter?
>>
>>15674152
I think he's doing j-drama work again instead of just being washed-up pokemon man nowadays
>>
>>15674161
Every song was great. I still listen to the combo themes sometimes.
>>
My first KR/Toku show

It has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>15674200
It wasn't my first, but it was the first one I saw as it was airing.
>>
I loved OOO but it did have problems, most glaringly how horrid the fight choreography is for most of the series, also some really weird tone issues, and how honestly you can basically skip everything between Shauta's debut and the last 3-4 episodes without actually missing anything important
>>
I kinda disliked Eiji during the early part of the show when I watched it 5 years ago. I had just come off W, and his endless generosity just urked me as a Gary Stu trait. His PTSD and the show insisting he find something to pursue for himself really made him work in the end though.

Nowadays, I kinda feel like him at times and how I've been helping out with my parents (both financially and through labor) since then. It's to the point my mom worries I have no life of my own because of them.
>>
>>15675767
>his endless generosity

It was somewhat in check durig the series, but then in that (horrible!) Nobunaga movie we see Eiji giving away his money to a bunch of leeches and hobos. That pissed me off to no end.

nice blogpost
>>
File: MY NIGGER.jpg (27KB, 330x307px) Image search: [Google]
MY NIGGER.jpg
27KB, 330x307px
I love this thread. Always good to see your favorite series appreciated.
>>
>>15676177
The way Eiji acts in the Nobunaga movie is completely out of character for how he acts everywhere else, but it's the same with everything else in that movie.
>>
OOO was my first Rider series and what got me into the franchise. I recently started rewatching it (I first saw it around 2010) and I'm greatly enjoying it.
>>
>>15675767
Helping out your parents isn't comparable to being endlessly generous, it's a moral obligation you ungrateful shit.

>>15672931
Director's Cut shows what happens to Uva, I think in the normal airing he gets defeated offscreen or something.
>>
so why do the movies not fit in continuity I expected something better after seeing the W movies
>>
>>15677530
I prefer it that way honestly. I fucking hate it when the show references events from the movies too much. It all but ruined the ending of W for me, honestly. Even before the final episode.
>>
I'm currently at ep 35 and the pacing is a damn slog. Does it ramp up in the 40's OOO bro's? I like this season but this middle act is testing my patience.
>>
>>15677682
The IRL tsunami that happened around then really slowed things down for the production. Keep going, I think it's definitely worth it. Plus, it has one of the best endings in Kamen Rider IMO.
>>
>>15677716
The tsunami happened during the filming of Putotyra's debut. The midway slog is just a common trait of Kobayashi's writing.
>>
>>15677806
Yeah, episode 32. Which is right around where anon is right now.

And what, you think a natural disaster like that just disappears from concern right after the event happens? The whole country was in shock for months. It sure as hell affected the production for just as long.
>>
>>15676737
>it's a moral obligation you ungrateful shit.
lol
>>
Someone give me the rundown on the leaks that ended up not happening
>>
>>15677960
>Yeah, episode 32. Which is right around where anon is right now.

That's exactly why I said that. I don't think a couple of slow episodes would warrant a "the pacing is a damn slog" comment, so his issues with the pacing likely don't come just from the post-tsunami episodes.
>>
>>15678415

Date dying - confirmed in an interview- and then being revived as a homunculus like Nobunaga in the Core movie. The later part wasn't confirmed. Another interesting detail about this rumor is that it actually popped up multiple times - the first one indicated he'd die very early after his debut, but then later there was another one about him dying in the 30s, a few episodes after the Purple Greed's debut.

Ankh was the final enemy - this one actually didn't pop up in the rumors, but it was revealed in an interview.

Interestingly, looking over old rumors posted by JEFusion, there was one about Uva reviving Mezool and Gamel (which did happen), but then he'd be hunted by the Purple Greed "Giru", a separate character from Maki.

It also mentions that Giru would be working with Lost Ankh. There was also a separate rumor about a third Ankh, from the 10th bird Core medal.

Some people also mention Mezool becoming Eiji's ally, but I was here during OOO's airing, and I'm also looking through these old rumors right now, and really can't recall or see anything about that rumor at all. It really seems more like wishful thinking.
>>
>>15672282
blame the medals

there was a style for each full combo but they got used so rarely that it never translated to a consistent fighting style for the rider
>>
File: Kamen Rider OOO Bromance.png (876KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider OOO Bromance.png
876KB, 1280x720px
Best Friends OOO-ever!
>>
>>15671271
Tatobump
>>
I am almost done with this series I have 4 (well 3 since I am planning on watching the director's cut of the final ep) episodes left these last few episodes have left me hooked
>>
>>15680340
OOO probably has my favorite finale in all of Kamen Rider, they did a really great job going all out then.
>>
This is my favorite Rider series. I love the medal gimmick, the suits, the soundtrackc and all that stuff, but it goes from "pretty fun" to "best season of Rider" with how the plot runs from episode 31 to the end.
>>
>>15677682
>I'm currently at ep 35 and the pacing is a damn slog. Does it ramp up in the 40's OOO bro's? I like this season but this middle act is testing my patience.
there's a reason why I suggest skipping everything between Shauta's debut and the last 3-4 episodes
>>
>>15681094
I just finished the series and WOW you are absolutely right they really went all out now I am probably going to move onto fourze and see how I would rank it
>>
Some stuff really rubbed me the wrong way, like Date's exit and the purple medals showing up out of nowhere. I know it's because of the changes but that doesn't make it go away. The highs are so high though that it's still probably my favorite.
>>
OOO is great, but it is not SUPER great. Birth was pretty much useless and the worst secondary Rider ever.
>>
The show had a lot of issues but it did one thing very right: Good cast of likeable characters. And that helped it pull through a lot of problems that would doom another Rider series.
I also liked that the main villain was built up from early on in the show. I notice a lot of Heisei big bads end up popping up out of nowhere near the end.
>>
>>15683751
You shut your whore mouth. Date is husbando material.
>>
File: telebikun01-2010_52.jpg (458KB, 1136x1500px) Image search: [Google]
telebikun01-2010_52.jpg
458KB, 1136x1500px
>>15683851
Then watch him in a show where he's more useful
>>
>>15683885
I prefer the Birth suit design and his character as Date.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.