[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you watched the unholy geistcore trinity /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 51W8QVEE8YL.jpg (61KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
51W8QVEE8YL.jpg
61KB, 354x500px
Have you watched the unholy geistcore trinity /m/?
>>
MAYONAKA NO YOUSHITSU DE
GROOVY NIGHT TIMES GO
>>
>>15668474

Yup. And gladly would again. Hyperviolence is golden.
>>
DANGEROUS MOST DANGEROUS
MOYASE HONOO NO VIOLENCE
>>
>>15668474
It's all classic stuff (except Death Force), but I still haven't watched part four: Sadamitsu the Destroyer

For that matter, I also haven't seen the MD Geist CPM comic uploaded anywhere, which is a travesty. Koichi Ohata's works must be preserved for eternity.
>>
>>15668474
Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3utn5icP7k
>>
>>15668474
Yeah and I actually own that set too.
>>
>>15668474
I should sometime. Do all the movies share a universe or at least reference one another?
>>
>>15668474
Is this the Grindhouse of mecha?
>>
File: Cyberdemon.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdemon.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15668777
None of them have anything to do with each other except for the obvious MD Geist->MD Geist 2

Genocyber is the most interesting
Cyguard is the most fun
MD Geist is the most __memetic
>>
>>15668777
Not really, just the same director and lots of gore. You should watch them since they are loads of campy fun. All of them also have ripping soundtracks.
>>
>>15668474
I love the title "Mecha Masters". Clearly the nerds at CPM needed a good name for "my favorite sick shits from the far east" but the irony is that these three flicks are probably the least masterful of any mecha show.

Still fun to watch, but if I had to make a collection entitled "Mecha Masters" something like Mazinger, Gundam, Getter or Mazinger, Gundam, SDF Macross would come to mind instead.
>>
>>15668804
>>15668806
I have seen Genocyber, though the most of what I remember was the shit that went down on the battleship.
>>
>>15668786
No, cause grindhouse has low production values
>>
>>15668814
>three flicks are probably the least masterful of any mecha show.

Nothing better than Genocyber came out this century mecha-wise.
>>
>>15668474
the only thing keeping this set from being perfect is it not including a soundtrack for Cybernetics Guardian, especially since it has the best one of all four of them
>>
>>15668474

I got my grandma to buy me MD Geist on VHS when I was younger
>>
>>15668474

I've watched Genocyber and own the MD Geist graphic novel or whatever. This shit is so shit that it belongs in a gutter. It's not even so bad that it's good. It's so bad that it's gone beyond bad. Violence because violence. Who is fighting? For what are they fighting? Why go out of your way to cause collateral when it serves no purpose? Did you just kill your allies there? Violence. Why? Because violence, dude! For fuck's sake.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>15668474
Yes they're shit. Boring westcuck pandering trash. Probably liked by the same fatass neckbeards trying to force Warhammer on this board.
>>
>>15669275
Benett, fuck off
>>
>>15668814
It's not like they could call it "John O'Donnell's favorite anime"
>>
>>15669289

I don't know who that Benett is but he sounds like he has the right idea.
>>
>>15669289
Benett seems like he actually enjoys pointless violence as long as the show doesn't try to pull that, "It's hyper violent to show the audience how bad and disgusting violence really is, see?" bullshit.
>>
>>15669414
Except that describes none of Ohata's works. Hell, the only one with pointless violence at all was the first MD Geist
>>
>>15669453

What about Genocyber? I've wiped most of it from my mind, but I remember the plane scene being a lol violence moment. And I think in the future Genocyber even kills the people who summoned her. She has a nice design though.
>>
>>15669614
There's a bit of gratuitous gore in Genocyber, but pretty much all the violence involved is a result of Genocyber taking either taking revenge on something or getting PTSD triggered. The plane got caught up in the middle of an ongoing fight as a setup for a character in the next two OVAs

That's what makes Genocyber kind of a beautiful OVA. You see a bunch of horrible people do horrible things, but in response Genocyber not only mercilessly slaughters the horrible people, she also destroys the environment and society that produced these people. It's very cathartic
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.