[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

What does everyone think of the zeta movies? No one mentions them, are they just like some weird AU in the UC timeline or can they be watched and as a substitute for the tv show?
>>
>>15667027
They change the end so that ZZ onwards couldn't follow it, but more importantly it's too compressed to be an acceptable replacement for the TV series. And the new digital animation stands out like a sore thumb.

Expect fifty dumb posts about how it overwrites the TV series and makes ZZ non-canon because /m/ is retarded about canon and willfully misconstrues statements made by a company that doesn't really care about canon in the first place.
>>
>>15667027
I like the scenes with new animation
>>
>>15667027
what's there to say? the ending was non-canon. otherwise, they are OK summaries of the plot.

the good animation portions are really nice and i'm glad they exist, since the animation in the show was so fucking bad
>>
What about the ending makes it noncanon? I haven't watched the movies.
>>
The new animation is astoundingly beautiful, but that's about all the good. Z Gundam has a lot less filler to cut than say 0079, and yet the 0079 movies are all much longer than ANT. It makes the entire plot feel really rushed and confusing, so it's not a good replacement for the show. It kind of jumps from major plot point to major plot point very quickly. Kamille will watch someone he loves get brutally killed and then 1 minute later be joking with his friends. The Titans will try and conduct a major colony drop operation against a major moon city and it begins and concludes in like 3 minutes. It's unfortunately not a good replacement for the TV show.
>>
>>15667027
The artstyle of the new scenes is great. I hope they'd use something similar to that in some new Gundam series.
>>
>>15667027
The new scenes are beautiful but being tucked in next to the old ones kind of just ruins it for me, more or less the definition of why did they even bother?
>>
>>15667337
>>15667417
It's a pity that ANT didn't happen after Unicorn, it might have actually had the budget for all new animation.

More to the point, I'd love to see Zeta in OVA format without the story being needlessly sheared off at the edges.
>>
>>15667027
I prefer the TV series than the Movie.
But holy shit that final battle between Zeta and The-O was fucking spectacular. Easily one of the best one on one duel in gundam history
>>
>>15667210
It changes what happens to Kamille at the end of the show in a way that makes it incosistent with how Kamille is in ZZ, so ZZ clearly follows the Zeta show and not the movie ending.
>>
File: ZetaCameos.jpg (61KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
ZetaCameos.jpg
61KB, 800x400px
The MS cameos were nice
>0083, AoZ and Sentinel are canon to Zeta movies timeline
>FUCK YOU Black_Knight
>>
>>15667598

That and the fact that Haman seems to have a change of heart and withdraw Axis. Yeah, it may have been a ruse, but it fits in with how absurdly sympathetic they tend to portray Haman these days.
>>
>>15667631

Sentinel has qualities to it, meanwhile AoZ is just horrendous.
>>
File: 3213.jpg (287KB, 2524x648px) Image search: [Google]
3213.jpg
287KB, 2524x648px
>>15667645
Axis arrived runs out of steam has what remains of the Titans join her fleet and they fuck off into space.

Deep ending.
>>
>>15667598
The fuck kind of non-answer is that, if I was afraid of spoilers I wouldn't be asking
>>
>>15667030
How very concise. Zeta just didn't translate to a movie format nearly as well as the original series.
>>
Why haven't we got an OVA set during the Gryps Conflict? You'd think enough people are in-agreements that Zeta was one of the best and most-popular of the Gundam series, it just seems like a no-brainer.
>>
>>15667725
AoZ just needs an animation so that professionals can make the suits look good.
>>
The OT movies were in the same aspect ratio, they were decently long, and the animation matches up decently because it's both cel and it's the same era, so even though it's 16mm vs 35mm it doesn't clash horribly.

The Zeta movies are way too short, they took badly telecined TV episodes and cropped the shit out of them making them look awful on a big screen, and then added new animation, which is well-made but looks awful because style-wise it looks nothing like the 20 years older, soft low-detail TV footage.

Add to that the fucking terrible new ending which seems to even question itself.
>>
>>15667910
The suits designs themselves look like shit.
>>
>>15667908
I'd take a OVA or manga based on Karaba and their earth operations. Then halfway thru it shifts into ZZ and the Karaba unit gets to use the Argama on earth.
>>
>>15667027
Lame
>>
File: 1493310890456.jpg (61KB, 337x326px) Image search: [Google]
1493310890456.jpg
61KB, 337x326px
>>15667631
Again with intention misrepresentations. Also you forgot to show the Hazel.

>>15667729
>>15667645
You'd think people who love Haman would be more happy with the Zeta ending rather than how she was made a complete mockery of in ZZ. Heck, you do realize with Haman, the remaining Axis/Neo Zeon forces, and the remains of the Titans that followed her going to the Asteroid Belt again, they could make it all the way to Jupiter and fight the Jupiter Empire. It's not like anyone would watch an animated Crossbone Gundam. You're a vocal minority, deal with it. But making Haman and her group the protagonists? It could sell.

>>15667908
Because the OYW will eternally be the focal point for UC gundam. Also Zeon makes for a much more interesting and compelling faction than the Titans.
>>
File: [EG]ZZ_Gundam_BD----.png (3MB, 2884x1076px) Image search: [Google]
[EG]ZZ_Gundam_BD----.png
3MB, 2884x1076px
>>15667729

Oh those crazy titans
>>
>>15667027
It's just Zeta Gundam in another form in other words it's fucking trash.
>>
>>15667027
They should have re-done the animation so it stays consistent. It's jarring whenever they switch from the new animation back to the old one.
>>
>>15667027
they're a mess
>>
>>15667027
>What does everyone think of the zeta movies?
shitty fanfic
>>
>>15667027
super inconsistent visually but im glad i could blow by the Zeta Autism to get to ZZ greatness
>>
>>15672355
ZZ made so much more sense
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.