[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

How do you like them? What are your favorites? How tall would you make your fantasy mecha?

It seems like its a really hard mixing of genres to find. I've only seen Magic Knights Rayearth but I've been wanting to watch Aura Battler Dunbine. Are there any other fantasy themed mecha shows out there?
>>
>>15666441
Escaflowne's probably the most prominent. Scrapped Princess also sort of does this, though it's a different style than a conventional mecha show. I'm quite fond of both of these.
>>
Break Blade is pretty good. Sakura Taisen looks good, I haven't watched it or played it.
>>
>>15666441
There's tons of fantasy mecha depending on how broadly you want to stretch "fantasy," as well as how far you want to stretch "mecha"

For example, I recently finished Beast Warriors Gulkeeva, a show about furries in power armor fighting giant robots from another dimension in the ruins of the Shinjuku prefecture alongside a human avatar of an ancient God. It was okay. Animation needed to be better and it needed to not be cancelled halfway through. Had some decent moments though, such as when a hotheaded Solid Snake lookalike joined them for an episode
>>
File: Demonbane (5).jpg (364KB, 797x591px) Image search: [Google]
Demonbane (5).jpg
364KB, 797x591px
I both love and hate its design.
>>
I like this tenchi spin off, the mecha designs are sorta shit though.

I didn't enjoy Break Blade despite the much, much better mecha designs. The characters were just too off-putting.
>>
>>15666441
Knights and Magic family. First episode was this sunday. 11 or so chapter of the manga out, 4 LNs translated.
>>
>>15666441
Panzer World Galient is my favorite

>>15666480
I saw break blade a while back but never finished it, was there like a reboot or something?
>>15666512
Gulkeeva! Fricking loved that show

Recently Knights and Magic has caught my attention and the first episode was actually good
>>
File: Sirbine art.jpg (581KB, 1000x783px)
Sirbine art.jpg
581KB, 1000x783px
>>15666441
>How do you like them?
They're probably my favorite kind of mecha, honestly. The inherent logistics of mecha make them fit feudalism pretty well. It's a blend that I wish would pop up more often.

>What are your favorites?
Escaflowne, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Dunbine, and if you count science-fantasy, The Five Star Stories.

>How tall would you make your fantasy mecha?
Whatever looks cool, honestly. I tend to veer closer to 10-20 meters for my fantasy /m/ settings, personally, but that's writefaggotry and doesn't have any artwork to accompany it.

>Are there any other fantasy themed mecha shows out there?
I actually have a spreadsheet that I use to catalogue fantasy /m/ shit. I need to update it and elaborate on a lot of it, though. Might do that tonight and post it somewhere in the morning, dunno.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.