[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Police Patlabor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: scrub.jpg (76KB, 895x499px) Image search: [Google]
scrub.jpg
76KB, 895x499px
Just started watching Patlabor and my god I can't stand Ota. He's annoying and pretty much useless. This man has not done anything remarkable, nor does he have any redeemable qualities. Someone please tell me he gets better.
>>
>>15664089

You need to get better
>>
>>15664089
>That file name

refer to
>>15664095

Is this supposed to be like old Monster Hunter threads in /v/ where people are supposed to insult Patlabor and a constructive thread bores out of it?
>>
>>15664105
No I actually really like Patlabor so far. It's really just Ota I can't stand.
>>
He gets a bit "better" but if you fundamentally dislike his type of character you probably won't change your mind about him.
>>
>>15664089
>He's annoying and pretty much useless. This man has not done anything remarkable, nor does he have any redeemable qualities.
That's the point.
>>
>>15664143
I get that he's supposed to be a hot-headed buffoon and I wouldn't have a problem with him if he didn't almost always make a situation worse. That's what makes me hate him.
>>
He dies
>>
>>15664089
The funny thing about him is that he's the team's best shot, he's just easily excited by the revolver cannon.

For all the collateral damage he incurs because he gets so wound up when he's permitted to use force, he has an excellent track record for avoiding bloodshed when he's having his moments.

His primary character flaw comes from being so eager to shoot the gun and find more ways to use it for problem solving than are really necessary that it overtakes all the effort he put into qualifying to shoot the gun.
>>
File: 1486504983109.png (89KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
1486504983109.png
89KB, 261x238px
>>15664089
What the fuck? There are people who don't like Ota?
>>
>>15664306
This. It took me a while to realize it, but he's considerably more competent than the show initially lets on. He's still kind of a moron at times, sure, but he's far from useless.
>>
File: 1492395286561.png (105KB, 460x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492395286561.png
105KB, 460x420px
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/city-shrouded-shadow-launches-october-19-japan-adds-patlabor
>>
>>15664432
>you survived Godzilla
>now you must survive Ohta
my god
>>
>>15664399
There are people on /m/ who argue that Patlabor is the worst show ever made, because Ota exists.

Apparently one minor joke character is enough to ruin the show.
>>
>>15664399
bunch of slack jawed faggots they are. this is power of the heisei era.
>>
He does get a few moments of not being a complete retard like the episode with the insurance lady but he's pretty much the village idiot of SV2.
>>
Watch the episode when he gets amnesia after killing everybody
>>
>>15664089

You're watching tv series? He's really exaggerated in that. He really is bad.

In the other timeline, he's decent. A bit of a hothead but useful.
>>
>>15664522
There are plenty of other reasons, to be fair.
>>
I don't understand how people can dislike Ota.

Are you taking Patlabor seriously or something?

>This man has not done anything remarkable
And? It's a comedy. Lighten up.
>>
>>15664089
He'll either grow on you or he won't. He doesn't really change any. Even in the more serious first film he's the biggest clown in the room.

He's also a much better marksman than any other labor pilot in SV2 so he's got that going for him. He's just very EAGER to show off those skills and it leads to a lot of idiot moments that would probably get him discharged from a real police force.
>>
>>15664703
Name forty.
>>
File: BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUN.webm (686KB, 888x480px) Image search: [Google]
BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUN.webm
686KB, 888x480px
Ota is great and OP is a fag.
>>
>>15664703
>>15664939
1 he will takes a bullet for you
2 no gay emo "I will not pilot a mecha again shit"

40 unit 2 head looks awesome
>>
>>15664089
I just assumed he was the self insert character
>>
>>15665026
Unit 2 does have the coolest head.
>>
File: 1497914438472.jpg (54KB, 871x371px) Image search: [Google]
1497914438472.jpg
54KB, 871x371px
this show is crap.
drop it now.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.