[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Least favorite gundam series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

What are some of your least favorite gundam series that you've watched?
>>
So far, Wing. I went in expecting dumb fun but was pissed off too much by the characters, trite politicking attempts, and lackluster battles to draw any real enjoyment from it. I finished it for the sake of it- in retrospect a bad idea.

It's a shame really. As many say the grunts are top notch but the actual battles against the main cast at least amount to very little IMO. They lacked charm or impact.
>>
>>15663868
>>
File: Zeta Gundam.jpg (93KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
Zeta Gundam.jpg
93KB, 474x600px
>>15663868
>>
>>15663868
I haven't seen all of the series yet but I absolutely despised SEED.
Too much annoying teen drama that has no place in the middle of a war.
>>
>>15663948
Zeta was alright imo but Kamille was an angsty emo bitch
>>
00 S2 and the movie
IBO
SEED Destiny
GBFT
>>
>>15664159
All those have redeeming qualities, except Destiny.
>>
>>15663874
I wholeheartedly agree. Wing failed to entertain me even as a joke. But I'll admit the mecha designs were pretty rad.
>>
>>15664173
doesnt mean i have to like them. i do prefer them to Seed Destiny, sans IBO. which i greatly dislike. I put them on the same tier, though IBO has better mech designs than Seed Destiny.
>>
>>15664178 >>15663874
The only reason I like wing is the kits
>>
>>15664173
But SEED Destiny is already redeemable, since it and SEED are the best Gundam shows.
>>
>>15664205
>But SEED Destiny is already redeemable
It must be tough having brain damage as severe as yours.
>>
File: laughing lorelei.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lorelei.gif
358KB, 500x357px
>>15664205
Funny joke, my mestizo friend.
>>
G Gundam.

The MC is an unlikable cunt and the fights are horribly lackluster. Build Fighters did the concept of tournament matches with non-canon Gundam designs far better.
>>
>>15663868
For me it's Zeta Gundam. I haven't watched the more super hated shit(SEED, IBO, Reco G) yet.

I wasn't disappointed because of the big hype surrounding it or anything. I just disliked or found meh at best most of the cast. I only liked Kamille, Haman, Emma, Quattro/Char, Amuro, Yazan and maybe Apolly and Astonaige a little.
Pretty much everybody body was at best meh.

The Titans were total jobbers and didn't have interesting members. A few times people would say "Even Zeon wouldn't do that!" to indicate that the Titans are way more evil. I agree to that, but making someone seem super evil is really, really easy. They started trying to make them seem more sympathetic later on when Char was giving the speech and all that. But it just happened, that Titan dude helped them and that was it, nothing else on this topic.

Also smaller stuff like how much the mobile suits were stolen, at a certain point it went from maybe, kinda possible to totally absurd. It felt as if every episode Fa or Katz stole a suit and did dumb shit. Or near the end(like last 10-ish episode) they gave up on exposition and before going from one episode to another was done well and it didn't feel like you missed anything. But as soon as Haman was officially introduced/in the game it felt like I missed some important shit. At times I thought that I maybe missed a whole episode.

Overall it's not even that I hate it, at first(around he first 15-20 episode) I was really into it and loving it. But with no interesting or lovable characters, be it on the good or bad side, I just couldn't even care for the overall conflict.
>>
G Reconquista.

5 factions, nothing really happens with them, and the mech designs weren't good.
>>
>>15664185
>>15664178
>>15663874

I tried watching Wing recently too. I got up to about episode 18 and lost interest. I thought it was because I was depressed though but nope... I kind of liked it but just eehhhh
>>15663948
I hated Z Gundam at first too, just the killing his mom thingw as way too much.
>>
>>15664389
You just don't get it :^)
>>
>>15663868
Iron Blooded Ovaries hands down
>>
Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny. SEED itself wasn't that bad but from all the Gundams I've seen, it's one of my least liked thanks to the melodrama, shit romance, and sudden character change with Kira.
>>
File: (You).jpg (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
359KB, 1280x720px
>>15664389
>>
>>15664389
>5 factions, nothing really happens with them, and the mech designs weren't good.
This might be the worst bait I've seen on /m/ or maybe you're legit stupid
>>
All of them. They're all awful.
>>
>>15664373
>A few times people would say "Even Zeon wouldn't do that!" to indicate that the Titans are way more evil.
I can't think of any time that was said about the Titans when Zeon DIDN'T do exactly the same thing, if not something way, way worse.
>>
AGE is the only Gundam I've tried to watch so far that I've regretted. The "three generations" thing is neat in concept, but the execution could have gone much better. Flit was okay and Asemu was a step up, then the Kio arc started and it all went to hell. It's baffling how they wanted us to somehow sympathize with the Vagans when up until that point (and even after), they had been consistently portrayed as bloodthirsty crazies. The mechanical design was pretty boring and uninspired, too, with only a few exceptions.

I know it was a Level 5 thing, so it was even more of a toy commercial than usual, but that still isn't an excuse for being an unenjoyable show.
>>
>>15663868
Iron Menstruation for obvious reasons
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.