[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Gundam is that in the back right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2mmnews[2].jpg (67KB, 550x390px) Image search: [Google]
2mmnews[2].jpg
67KB, 550x390px
What Gundam is that in the back right?
>>
>>15663387
Heyo, me again from /tg/.

It's not a Gundam, it's a Gelgoog which was one of Zeon's late war mobile suits.
>>
>>15663390
Haha thanks again man. I'll stop making threads now. Cheers!
>>
>>15663394
No worries. Check out the original Gundam series if you're looking into getting into wargaming it. As for what to use as a system, you could always take Mekton Zeta and use the Tactical Display rules for quicker combat.
>>
>>15663397
Cool I'll check those out.
>>
>>15663401
For generic future ground pounding, check out Future War Commander and Dirtside II if you want to bring combined arms into it.
>>
>>15663414
Just did a quick search and FWC looks perfect. Would you happen to know any other good sources for models that would scale well with the Gashapon stuff and maybe conversion bits?
>>
>>15663421
Those Gachapons are 1/300, so look for 1/300 Sci fi and you'd be golden. Now for accuracy for OYW stuff that's going to be a bit harder. There are some SOG scale vehicles around but they're rarer than hen's teeth. I'd use 6mm German infantry for Zeek infantry and 6mm Modern British or US infantry (depending on whether you care more about the helmet or the bullpup rifle) for Federation infantry.

Here's a site showing some options. You could also scratchbuild and cast some of the missing stuff.

http://www.ironhands.com/gundamsog.htm
>>
>>15663427
1/300 is also 6mm; it's interchangeable.
>>
>>15663427
>>15663430
Cool thanks man. The one model in the back right on the image I posted isn't showing up on eBay. Do you think it might be part of another set? I see Gashapon also did a 1/400 scale set, would it maybe be part of that one?
>>
>>15663437
Not sure. If it's in 1/400 it might not be in the right scale, but that's a choice you'll have to make. You might have to just be patient and maybe check out some Japanese second hand sites.
>>
>>15663443
Cool man thanks again for all the info. Much appreciated
>>
File: image1.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>15663450
Also, you may want to consider going 1/144 or 12mm scale. Kits are more readily available at this skill and you can quickly source a lot more of the vehicles and such. Infantry is also available officially but I'd just use 12mm Germans/US as stand ins ad you'd have to cast a lot of infantry to use and there's only a few poses available.

Only downside is that it's a lot larger.
>>
Just so you know, the other mobile suit appears to be a Desert Zaku from ZZ Gundam.
>>
>>15663387
Gelgoog.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.